Behringer synth speculation

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aliens wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:39 pm A new picture so probably quite close

Some sound examples would be nice if it is production ready, but I guess NDA and 6 months waiting is in order instead.
<list your stupid gear here>

I feel older than I am, but still, old enough to remember how to wait for things - especially those out of control.
I don't see the problem with early announcements and long lead times. What you've never had you can't miss etc
But it's nice to see some units on shelves, so keep the updates coming.

Aliens wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:51 pm I feel older than I am, but still, old enough to remember how to wait for things - especially those out of control.
I don't see the problem with early announcements and long lead times. What you've never had you can't miss etc
Getting old means we could be dead in six months. Waiting 6 years for a synthesizer release is just not good for us old farts.

Lucky they don't make hip joints and electric hearts

egbert101 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:58 pm
Aliens wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:51 pm I feel older than I am, but still, old enough to remember how to wait for things - especially those out of control.
Getting old means we could be dead in six months. Waiting 6 years for a synthesizer release is just not good for us old farts.
*cough* zebra3 *cough*

Aliens wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:07 pm Lucky they don't make hip joints and electric hearts
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

seafire wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:22 pm
*cough* zebra3 *cough*
Zebralette 3 is in my hands... and it's the best oscillator I've ever used and that includes software, hardware and eurorack.

Neutron, hence the same with Proton I'd imagine - is the longer desktop I assume (i.e. bigger than Wasp/K2)? Cos I'm going to need another one of those triple rack thingies at this rate, and last time I looked even those are out of stock in NZ. :dog:

Very excited to see that pic with real Protons in it.

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:04 am Zebralette 3 is in my hands... and it's the best oscillator I've ever used and that includes software, hardware and eurorack.
As long as the aliasing isn't too bad.

The K2, Pro 1 and the Neutron are the same size and longer than the Wasp and the Model D for examples. The Proton is the same size as the Neutron.
kritikon wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:36 am Neutron, hence the same with Proton I'd imagine - is the longer desktop I assume (i.e. bigger than Wasp/K2)? Cos I'm going to need another one of those triple rack thingies at this rate, and last time I looked even those are out of stock in NZ. :dog:

Very excited to see that pic with real Protons in it.

No Hirotribe in the image :-(

Scotty wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:36 am The K2, Pro 1 and the Neutron are the same size and longer than the Wasp and the Model D for examples. The Proton is the same size as the Neutron.
Thnx :tu:

I will have a dilemma about what to get to fill up the last space. I have Wasp & Cat for a smaller stand, then it'll be K2 & Proton for a larger stand. So obvs I'll need to get a third of each to fill up the stands. AFAIK the only other small size desktop is the Model D but I don't really want a Moog, never much liked the filters. The larger one I dunno - Pro1 maybe but that seems silly when the Pro800 is not much more, but TBH that one doesn't really wow me. Kobol expander has some good sync/FM stuff but the rest of it doesn't wow me either. I guess Behringer will release something down the track that will suit...

The thought crossed my mind to get a Neutron AND Proton. Red and blue would look good together, but a bit daft to get both IMO.

Even though I've always said that I will never purchase a synth without patch storage, I'm going to break that vow and purchase a Behringer Monopoly and MS-5 this year. The Korg Mono/Poly and Roland SH-5 are two of my all time favorite synths. I would own both of them already if it weren't for the lack of patch storage.

But given the ridiculously low price and ultra-cool "flip up" form factor of the Behringer clones, I simply can't resist. Even if I only use these synths for sound design and to sample my patches, they will be worth it to me.

Having said that, I would love to see "mkII" versions of all the Behringer clones with patch storage, a display, and MIDI CC capabilities in a standard 3U rack/desktop enclosure. The fact that the Behringer clones didn't include these modern "conveniences" out of the gate was a huge missed opportunity, IMO. I would have gladly paid three times as much for each of these clones if they had included these "modern" features. As it stands, I don't own any of them except the Pro-800 because at least it can store patches (like the original Prophet 600).

So FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Behringer, please don't release any more mindless clones that don't bring these classic synths into the 21st century! It's embarrassing that you can't do better than this. Any idiot can copy an existing design. Do something semi-original for once, for Christ's sake!
Last edited by Supercollider on Mon May 27, 2024 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IBTB :lol:

This isn't speculation. More like silly childish dreams that will never, ever come true. (God, reality can be such a bitch sometimes!)

But as I mention above, what I would LIKE to see are "v2" versions of all the existing Behringer clones that include a display, patch storage, and MIDI CC capabilities (ideally in a more standard 3U rack/desktop enclosure). If the price needs to double or even triple to make this a reality, I would still line up around the block to purchase every one of these new and improved v2 "21st century" clones.
Last edited by Supercollider on Mon May 27, 2024 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”