Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Except for like, the very first couple early versions of Reason, the sequencer is really unpleasant, and overly complicated to use. Nothing is ever visible without constant resizing, and it's just tedious. I also never have been able to figure out the audio editing since it was introduced, which is a shame because Reasons new mixer sounds quite nice.

For audio, I'm used to fast software where I can just grab stuff and move it instantly, slip edit until the cows come home.

For midi, I just want a nice big clear piano roll, without fuss.

Anyway, has anyone gotten a feel for the sequencer update and if it really changes things enough? I'm still a few versions behind... decided to stop upgrading until the sequencer improves.
Last edited by KVRforumRulez on Fri May 24, 2024 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i always thought that reason is made for one specific hardware configuration in order to maximise its usage: one vertical monitor for the rack/browser and one horizontal for the sequencer/editor/pianoroll part, vertical one on top of the horizontal one. perfect set. amybe for almost all other daws too, but for reason the ONLY one^^.

KVRforumRulez wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:42 pm Anyway, has anyone gotten a feel for the sequencer update and if it really changes things enough? I'm still a few versions behind... decided to stop upgrading until the sequencer improves.
I have the impression that for some it could be a completely new editor feeling when they suddenly see the possibilities of the Tools window for the first time ;)

anttimaatteri wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:59 pm i always thought that reason is made for one specific hardware configuration in order to maximise its usage: one vertical monitor for the rack/browser and one horizontal for the sequencer/editor/pianoroll part, vertical one on top of the horizontal one. perfect set. amybe for almost all other daws too, but for reason the ONLY one^^.
dunno, I like how it works on laptop MacBook pro, anyway it's really fortunate that you can reassign the shortcut keys. They assigned the new editor to F9, and that wouldn't have been fun.
Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 19.11.45.png
no needs tool window anymore,

Now, you could have the arranger, the piano roll..whatever editor, and the rack all visible at once, just like in Ableton Live 12, but this will be appreciated by those who are using giant monitors.

ps. Fortunately, it redisplays the editor between the rack and sequencer if it was out, at least they thought of that :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

WOw, did anyone know you can actually automate the waveform handlebar in Grain ?
It doesn't create automatic automation lanes when alt clicking it,nor is it available in the modmatrix , but when recording it just shows up as -Scroll -Zoom parameter .
Pretty damn nice .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:25 pm WOw, did anyone know you can actually automate the waveform handlebar in Grain ?
It doesn't create automatic automation lanes when alt clicking it,nor is it available in the modmatrix , but when recording it just shows up as -Scroll -Zoom parameter .
Pretty damn nice .
I didn't know that but that is very cool. I'm going to have to play around with that when I get home. Grain is one of those instruments I think I overlooked when it came out but I'm appreciating it more these days.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jjpscott01 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:03 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:25 pm WOw, did anyone know you can actually automate the waveform handlebar in Grain ?
Pretty damn nice .
I didn't know that but that is very cool. I'm going to have to play around with that when I get home. Grain is one of those instruments I think I overlooked when it came out but I'm appreciating it more these days.
Grain is still a favourite of mine for granular with spectral flavour. The FFT effects are quite awesome.

Does anyone know of a quick method to paste all content of a block into a new block , instead of manually selecting all items ?
DIdn't find anything in the manual
Eyeball exchanging

Biggest update for me is sequencer… :wink:
https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... qcDk0,st:0

WHat I find the most frustrating is the lack of updating the old devices with newer dsp .
Another polysynth , really ?
All thor needs is some tlc for it's osc's/ filters whcih are showing their age now.
It only took them 13 years to update the sequencer view :lol:
Eyeball exchanging

Think I found a bug in Grain
Initilase it and load a sample
Set it to tape mode , and freeze
Now assign Env 1 to postition ( 100%) with a linear ramp wave , it should now scan through the whole sample but it always stops halway .
Duplicating the mod assignment doesn't work either
Weird
Eyeball exchanging

Jeez, it took me forever to find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y0Ro2M1Sh4

let's backup to here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Does anyone know if it’s even possible to slice a loop without the stretch algoritm enabled ?
Going into slice mode automatically enables a stretch algo
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”