Anyone sampled some "Elektron Analog Rytm" Techno kicks?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:54 pm I have an original RYTM, and during Lockdown I sampled every factory preset (one-shots & loops) and made an Ableton Drum Rack with them. It's laid out similarly to the pads on the hardware. I planned to set up the macros as closely to the Electrons effects as possible, but using Live's FX. I haven't finished doing that yet, so not sure when it'll be available to download. Will be sure to announce it on KVR, Rekkerd, BPB, etc when I release it :)
Nice. Will buy for sure. Will be awesome with Opal.

Hmmmm...I've got a 4-day weekend for the holiday. Maybe I'll find some time to sample some Syntakt kicks for more variety.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Also out of curiosity is Rytm MK2 showing key of the kick? I prefer my kicks in F so might need to tune them. :D

cryophonik wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:18 pm Hmmmm...I've got a 4-day weekend for the holiday. Maybe I'll find some time to sample some Syntakt kicks for more variety.
Yeah, even the digital kick on Syntakt (which AR doesn't have) is pretty nice and versatile.
isuckatproducing wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:37 pm Also out of curiosity is Rytm MK2 showing key of the kick? I prefer my kicks in F so might need to tune them. :D
Yeah, they are fully tuneable, although they don't directly tell you what the pitch is, so it's a bit more tedious. For these samples, I just left them at the default. Tbh, this is why I don't really like kick samples, because "tuning" them usually ruins the character.
isuckatproducing wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:30 pm Also one question, there are 2 folders, one with loops and one with one shot samples, are these the same?
The one with the loops is a Reaper project (the .rpp file) I used for recording and slicing—it's identical to the samples version, just not sliced yet. I really only included in case anyone wanted it for reason, but you can most likely ignore it.

Just tried playing with one of the kicks and I guess with good processing and maybe layering might get some nice results.

Here is one of the kicks with a little bit of processing:
https://mega.nz/file/TpU3lBxQ#gCBHs0bYT ... Mv8YjyhRxI

What I've noticed though there seems to be some white noise in the background?
Also when exporting the first hit of the kick sounds different or is it just me?

I'm new to Ableton so not sure if I messed up some settings lol

isuckatproducing wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:12 pm I'm new to Ableton so not sure if I messed up some settings lol
Make sure that you're not time-stretching the kick (or any one-shot). Default behaviour in Live is to stretch everything to fit tempo. You'll need to switch it off in clip edit.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:50 pm
isuckatproducing wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:12 pm I'm new to Ableton so not sure if I messed up some settings lol
Make sure that you're not time-stretching the kick (or any one-shot). Default behaviour in Live is to stretch everything to fit tempo. You'll need to switch it off in clip edit.
Warp seems to be disabled, here are all my settings:
https://imgur.com/a/PNKSnw9

On a coincidental note, I just scored great deal on a like-new Jomox MBase 11. When it gets here, I may need to sample it!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:08 pm On a coincidental note, I just scored great deal on a like-new Jomox MBase 11. When it gets here, I may need to sample it!
The absolute best!

Uncle E wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:58 pm
cryophonik wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:08 pm On a coincidental note, I just scored great deal on a like-new Jomox MBase 11. When it gets here, I may need to sample it!
The absolute best!

Right?! I had an AlphaBase for a while and sold it because I didn’t like the workflow, but missed that killer kick! :phones: :phones: :phones:

isuckatproducing wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:04 am Hi,

Was just watching Wehbba and he got a really nice kick out of Analog Rytm. I wonder if anyone has sampled some nice kicks from it, I don't mind paying if they are good.
Free Rytm Kicks
https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/blog/free ... ytm-kicks/

Wave alchemy have a huge amount of samples, including some great analogue samples.

_leras wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:00 am
isuckatproducing wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:04 am Hi,

Was just watching Wehbba and he got a really nice kick out of Analog Rytm. I wonder if anyone has sampled some nice kicks from it, I don't mind paying if they are good.
Free Rytm Kicks
https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/blog/free ... ytm-kicks/

Wave alchemy have a huge amount of samples, including some great analogue samples.
Jeepers. Some one wants analog Rytm kicks, you post analog Rytm kicks and...

Tumbleweeds... :hihi:

This place has gone down the drain.

_leras wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:54 pm This place has gone down the drain.
That seems like a pretty big conclusion to draw from this one thread. OP had already received a nice assortment of the kicks they were looking for, and the pack I uploaded actually covered more ground than this other pack does (and was better organized to boot).

sockofgold wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:30 pm
_leras wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:54 pm This place has gone down the drain.
That seems like a pretty big conclusion to draw from this one thread. OP had already received a nice assortment of the kicks they were looking for, and the pack I uploaded actually covered more ground than this other pack does (and was better organized to boot).
Sorry for not telegraphing it more, but I wasn't being serious.

The hardware section is probably the best part of I've in many ways, though if it had a bit more traffic that would also be good, but I much prefer here to GS.

That was very kind of you to share those kicks you created. I'm sure op was very happy to get that. Wave alchemy are always top draw, so I thought it was also worth mentioning they had those ones.

_leras wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:43 am Sorry for not telegraphing it more, but I wasn't being serious.
Ah, gotcha. Sorry I missed that. I'm probably just too used to e.g. Reddit, where every other post is something along the lines of "this forum has really gone downhill," and my sarcasm radar got mis-calibrated. 8)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”