Undo iLok activation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amon1973 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:31 am
limeopolis wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:48 am The only way a company could get around it would be to revoke your license and grant a new one to the buyer
That's exactly what PSP Audioware does.
Unfortunately that seems to be the exception - haven't heard of any other companies doing that. :/

agharta wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:55 am I have certainly seen it mentioned a few times.
I assumed that the vendors had a different contract with PACE that allowed them to offer this.
Or maybe it is something they offer occasionally as a discretionary service.
Or maybe I dreamt it or misunderstood what I was reading.
But if you have to do it yourself via ilok, the fee has to be paid.
Yeah well, assuming and actually knowing how the process works are two different things..

When you attempt to transfer ANYTHING in the iLok application, you get billed by PACE right then and there and need to pay. It has absolutely nothing to do with the vendor or developer. Its PACE that is moving that license for you inside their system, and PACE is the one you pay for that service. There is no place else to transfer a license. Anything and everything is done inside iLok Manager.

mothra wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:48 pm
agharta wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:55 am I have certainly seen it mentioned a few times.
I assumed that the vendors had a different contract with PACE that allowed them to offer this.
Or maybe it is something they offer occasionally as a discretionary service.
Or maybe I dreamt it or misunderstood what I was reading.
But if you have to do it yourself via ilok, the fee has to be paid.
Yeah well, assuming and actually knowing how the process works are two different things..

When you attempt to transfer ANYTHING in the iLok application, you get billed by PACE right then and there and need to pay. It has absolutely nothing to do with the vendor or developer. Its PACE that is moving that license for you inside their system, and PACE is the one you pay for that service. There is no place else to transfer a license. Anything and everything is done inside iLok Manager.
I know how it works in general for end users but was wondering how VENDORS can do it for free.
See above regarding PSP.

agharta wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:37 pm
I know how it works in general for end users but was wondering how VENDORS can do it for free.
See above regarding PSP.
That was also explained two days ago..

"They just hold the licenses YOU activate and check them for authorization, they have nothing to do with anything else aside from that, and they dont even generate the authorization codes as it is. That all comes from the developer you bought the plugin from"

If PSP wants to invalidate one of the licenses they generated and give you a new one, that is up to them. Has nothing to do with PACE at all.

Great, everything is clear then.

Return to “Effects”