Tech giants are normalising unethical behaviour with ai voice cloning tools.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TLDR

Many Ai tools are promoting & normalising unethical behaviour & practices.They are not being transparent & declaring the sources of voice models in the tools . This leads to polarising unethical scenarios & uncomfortable workflows where you have controversial, deceased or unauthorised voices in your songs.

Co-opting someones voice without consent or credit is vocal appropriation.

The human.

The only natural instrument we have is the voice or hand clapping. Everything else is assisted by technology.

Eg. Sticks & animal skins were utilised for drums & percussion. Reeds , bamboo and vegetation created wind instruments. Rock music emerged via amplification , distortion & feedback.New genres , sounds and sonics emerge as a result of new tools.

Ai tools

Tech giants have been promoting generative audio which use voice models.However voice models take a long time to create so the tech giants & devs enabled free use of the cloning & training tools & incentivised users with competitions & referrals. Many services were withdrawn after they had enough unauthorised cloned content.

There were some generic disclaimer forms but the developers knew that the source of the voice. The human, the person the Artist was cloned without consent.

https://youtu.be/Mtg-iTKiXZM
https://youtu.be/Ck69Fdy1Y44

The trite gimmicky headline wave of voice cloned content helped normalise unethical behaviour.
Many users are now conditioned to take someones voice without consent to distort , misrepresent or disgrace for clicks & likes.

There are now thousands of unauthorised voice models in the ecosystem.Generative audio tools are accessing those models. The voice was a major component in raising the profile of the tool but the devs are not being transparent & declaring it. But they want you to give credit to usage of the tool in your content.

The human the person the Artist

The source of the voice could be mysterious ,introverted & private & their recordings , artistic output & scheduling could be intentionally scarce to prevent over exposure etc.

A user can generate an instrumental track without referencing any act & have vocals hallucinating in their content & no idea if the human the person the Artist consented or is deceased.

Tech companies need reminding that humans & our unique traits , cultures , qualities & gifts are more than data models & presets.

Thank you for your manifesto. Please be assured that it will be reviewed properly, as befits such missives. Im glad that you can reconcile this outrage at voice AIs with your choice of other such tools, such as text generators; the consistency of approach is much needed in the modern world, where humans are suddenly leveraging computerised tools to assist in their practices.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

well, some people say it's unethical to masturbate
lotsa people masturbate anyway
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

It's about damn time we got an A.I. thread.

harryupbabble wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:52 pm well, some people say it's unethical to masturbate
Yea, but someone who masturbate, has permission from himself.
I doubt that IA corps have permission from so many vocalists to copy their voices.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:07 am Thank you for your manifesto.
harryupbabble wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:52 pm well, some people say it's unethical to masturbate
Suddenly the name Meat Beat Manifesto makes sense.

svrc wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:32 pm
Yea, but someone who masturbate, has permission from himself.
I doubt that IA corps have permission from so many vocalists to copy their voices.
can't get higher than god's permission
i wouldn't know
i'm barely a christian
closer to agnostic
maybe even closer to atheist

i'm just joking
my religion is
slacker
and ethics sometimes goes out the window
i mean if you are not hurting anyone...
what's the big deal?
make your song by any means till you find out it's actually illegal?

harryupbabble wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:53 pm i'm just joking
Hilarious

tific wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:58 am
Many Ai tools are promoting & normalising unethical behaviour & practices.
Hmmm...that's funny, because:

Many politicians are promoting & normalising unethical behaviour and practices.

May be the one area in which trickle-down theory actually applies. :dog: :cry:

yeah, donald trump keeps wearing hairpiece
he maybe thinks he's fooling everyone?
so unethical, that guy

and pamela anderson
she's some kind of politician for pets
but no one knows how cruel she may have been...
to that animal, tommy lee

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”