Digital Synth VSTs (like DIVA)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

egbert101 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:08 pm Pretty sure the only reason u-he added a digital oscillator on Diva was for the supersaw. So any modern digital synth that has supersaws or unison with saw waves will do, especially synths designed for trance music.

https://www.adamszabo.com/vstplugins/jp6k/
That’s my understanding too. If JP6K is too rich for his blood, it’s easily mimicked in something like Vital using the oscillator unison.

https://youtu.be/H2jzJGPWpvI?feature=shared
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

You can check out Arturia Pigments. I think it's probably the best digital synth right now. Splice has a rent to own plan you can check out.

Sorry no guys, Vital is not a valid answer : :shrug:
ghostwhistler wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:50 pm So thanks, but Vital is a wavetable vst. It doens't do what I'm referring to. Are you familiar with DIVA?
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

swilow11 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:20 am
That said, I'm finding it difficult to truly figure out what OP wants
A vst that can do the same thing that DIVA's digital oscillator does.

DIVA is the only example I can think of which is why I mention it. Are you familiar with DIVA?

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:00 am

DIVA is the only example I can think of which is why I mention it. Are you familiar with DIVA?
Only having demoed it. What does the digital oscillator in Diva do in particular that you're after?

pdxindy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:58 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:47 am Yes, the mighty DIVA is predominantly analog emultion, but it does have a digital emulation. Don't know what it's specifically emulating, but since I cannae afford DIVA are there any other VST's offering a similar component, exclusively or otherwise? Thanks
Zebralette 3 is a free synth and is just a single Osc from what will be Zebra 3. It can do the sorts of sounds similar to Diva's digital oscillator, but it is a very different construction. The sound quality is exceptional... and yes, it's free.
I have Zebra legacy. I don't know if it can emulate the digital oscillators that DIVA does. They are specific waveforms and that is what I'm after. I am not interestedin just recreating the supersaw, as I have already explained.

Not really sure why this is so difficult. It seems that people responding don't know the component withinDIVA I am talking about.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Tpvyw7-VU

Zebra Legacy has the filters from diva (in mono only, unfortunately).

The supersaw is simply one aspect thereof. The JCP vst recommended above is ONLY a supersaw emulation. I hope that is clear

swilow11 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:04 am
ghostwhistler wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:00 am

Only having demoed it. What does the digital oscillator in Diva do in particular that you're after?

The waveforms that it produces.

DJErmac wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:13 am Sorry no guys, Vital is not a valid answer : :shrug:
ghostwhistler wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:50 pm So thanks, but Vital is a wavetable vst. It doens't do what I'm referring to. Are you familiar with DIVA?
I guess wavetable synths can't do single cycle waveforms then. :shrug: :dog:
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:24 am
DJErmac wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:13 am Sorry no guys, Vital is not a valid answer : :shrug:
I guess wavetable synths can't do single cycle waveforms then. :shrug: :dog:
I've no idea, i have no interest in wavetables. If you know the answer to your own question, as is obvious, why bother with this silly rhetorical pursuit and just give a helpful answer?

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:16 am I've no idea, i have no interest in wavetables. If you know the answer to your own question, as is obvious, why bother with this silly rhetorical pursuit and just give a helpful answer?
I gave you a helpful answer which you ignored. Enjoy your search for digital oscillators.
<list your stupid gear here>

ghostwhistler wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:47 am Yes, the mighty DIVA is predominantly analog emultion, but it does have a digital emulation. Don't know what it's specifically emulating, but since I cannae afford DIVA are there any other VST's offering a similar component, exclusively or otherwise? Thanks

It is an emulation of the Roland JP8000 DSP oscillator with 7 distinct algorithms: Saw, Square, Triangle (PWM), Super Saw (7 detuned Saws), Noise, Triangle Mod, and Feedback.

I'm not aware of another synth that does that oscillator completely. (Outside of Reaktor)

You'll have to save up if that's what you need. It's often for sale reasonably cheaper than full price.

yellowmix wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:54 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:04 am Are there any alternatives? I'm no fan of that service
If you're not opposed to Behringer and hardware they have a mini hardware emulation of the JP-8000 called the JT-4000 (4 voices) that retails for $49.

Otherwise, check out this previous post: viewtopic.php?t=492543
The jt is weak compared to Diva.

The second oscillator get disabled if you use supersaw on osc 1.

It does sound great as it's own thing.
Last edited by D-Fusion on Mon May 27, 2024 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:07 am

Not really sure why this is so difficult. It seems that people responding don't know the component withinDIVA I am talking about.
People have given you sensible answers with the information given by you.
If you want the Module from diva, get diva.
Want virtually the Same Thing, get a Hardware JP 8000.
Dont have the Money, go with Zebra, wavetables or Samples.
Or save up to get Diva.
Andy is a support ninja.

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:07 am Not really sure why this is so difficult. It seems that people responding don't know the component withinDIVA I am talking about.
I know the digital oscillator well. The reason it's difficult is because there's nothing like Diva. The only answer is get Diva.

pdxindy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:33 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:07 am Not really sure why this is so difficult. It seems that people responding don't know the component withinDIVA I am talking about.
I know the digital oscillator well. The reason it's difficult is because there's nothing like Diva. The only answer is get Diva.
What is it about Diva’s JP8000 emulation that is different than JP6K? Assuming the OP is only after the oscillator emulation, as he’s stated.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”