TERRATEC KOMPLEXER

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:10 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 pm Pretty sure it was coded by Waldorf anyway. I thought Terratec went out of business long time ago.
It wasn't.
Stefan Stenzel and Axel Hartmann worked on the Komplexer. So, yes, it was coded by Waldorf, if you will. Also can load the microQ's wavetables. And it sounds like a Waldorf.

Aloysius wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:55 pm
The Terratec KOMPLEXER is a softsynth with an architecture similar to the microQ. Indeed the synth engine has been developed by Stefan Stenzel of Stadler Electro, the R&D head of Waldorf Music. Despite all the similarities it is not based on the microQ code.
I stand corrected ;-)

I wasn't aware of that. But maybe there wasn't Waldorf at the time. I think Stefan Stenzel revived Waldorf later, and that may be the origin of my confusion.
Fernando (FMR)

Could someone A/B Komplexer and uQ playing the same patches? That would be great! My guess is they will come out the same (much to the angst of some). If I am wrong I would like to know! They are both 100% software and both 100% coded by Stefan. Can someone do the comparison? I am in uQ / Komplexer mode right now 🧐

MutantHero wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:12 am Could someone A/B Komplexer and uQ playing the same patches? That would be great! My guess is they will come out the same (much to the angst of some). If I am wrong I would like to know! They are both 100% software and both 100% coded by Stefan. Can someone do the comparison? I am in uQ / Komplexer mode right now 🧐
Tried it with Vavra by Dsp56300 project which is a free microq emulator and some patches sound similar but some sound totaly different, much better on the microq emulator..

Return to “Instruments”