What’s the oldest VSTi you still use today ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

haha ("Dune 3").

for me, sylenth1. i've actually sold my license... twice, then wound up re-buying it (so i've bought it 3 times, total; lennard has been decent about that). yes, it's nuts, but hey... i'm an artist :ud:

Korg M1.

Muon Atom is nice
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

cyrb wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:00 pm Unfortunately not, BitHeadz went out of business in 2003(?). And it would take a miracle to get the proggy to work nowaways. The demo installer is archived
It was a great synthesizer and a great Unity DS sampler... but unfortunately they require Windows 98

Does anyone know what effects were used in Unity DS? Based on Lexicon? Or something of your own?

I'm also wondering if anyone has a complete library collection for Unity DS... like there was a disk with samples? The demo version only had a few presets and samples, but they sounded cool

Synth 1 probably.

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:47 pmDune 3
That's not even old. Such a great sounding synth, that I don't use enough

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:58 pm Muon Atom is nice
so vintage it's practically archaic =P
I wonder what happened to Muon.....

So far
Air Hybrid 3
Air Transfuser 2
Air Xpand!2

out of the three Transfuser has been the most used overall on my two first games soundtracks made of 37 songs each.

Poly-Ana or Firebird ...

VAZ 2010 for me.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Sytrus v1
-imo it actually looks cooler than the current one

I got into Gol's graphics aesthetic eventually

Probably one of the Full Bucket synths; not sure how old they are though

I still use spektral delay. I still use all the smart electronic stuff. Those are the oldest I can think of.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Literally part of the reason I switched to the Windows platform from Apple was to have the ability to use abandoned software like FXpansion's Tremor. If you have a license for it, you can still sign into your FXpansion account and get the last ever installer for it dating back to 2014.

It works great still in Bitwig on WIndows 11 for me, and I am so grateful for that lemme tell ya. I may not use it exclusively as the lead drum sounds all the time, but I sure as shit use it in some fashion in just about every track I produce still to this day. It's that useful.

What a fantastic piece of software, and what a tragedy ROLI dropped it when they acquired FXpansion because "drum synths don't correlate with their keyboard product line."

I am hoping so much that some company obtains the code for it and just re-releases it as is. No need to even update it outside of it's plug-in format and compatibility. The damn thing is perfection and "it's own specific thing/sound."
"music is the best"

I still use Shortcircuit by Vember. I've been using it since it came out, but I don't know when that was - I bought it before it went freeware. So, long time. Nothing quite beats it for me though.

I also use KarmaFX Modular, and I was among the first 10 customers for that one. I feel like that was a while ago!
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Return to “Instruments”