VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

revvy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:37 pm the existence of a unified and reality-defying 'KVR opinion', taking into account the amount of arguments and general lack of agreement on the forum, is a convenient nonsense.

folks express opinions, other folks counter them.

Anyway, long weekend on the way, enjoy your copyrighted loops/non-copyrighted loops/non-loops and hope the weather stays nice
Long weekend !!!???? Speak for yourself !
What for ?

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:43 am For those whiners who have a weird obsession with playable patches (...)
A weird obsession indeed - all people who play instruments are nuts ;)

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:53 pm
revvy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:37 pm the existence of a unified and reality-defying 'KVR opinion', taking into account the amount of arguments and general lack of agreement on the forum, is a convenient nonsense.

Anyway, long weekend on the way, enjoy your copyrighted loops/non-copyrighted loops/non-loops and hope the weather stays nice
What for ?
It's memorial day in the States

idoru97214 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:19 pm

What for ?
It's memorial day in the States
I see... Enjoy...

Here's a feature request that I think would make quite a big difference to using Avenger and the XPs - a lock button on the ARP and the Drum Sequencer.

Sound Lock is one of the very best - and perhaps most under-appreciated - features in Omnisphere. There's a host of stuff you can lock as you browse, meaning you hear patches completely unique to you as you go through each patch. It might be over-ambitious to wish for this in Avenger, but those two specific locks would be invaluable.

Specifically it would enable you to browse ARPs and SQs and not hear melodic content - simply load a default 16ths into the ARP and done. Of course alternately if there was a specific ARP melody you liked, you could impose that on other presets by default. As it stands, you have load that ARP for every single preset you browse.

The biggest problem I can see is what to do with patches that contain multiple ARPs. The most obvious logic would be to over-ride every ARP instance with this locked pattern, though an alternate would be to load only ARP 1 (or whatever ARP number) with the one you lock.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:44 am Here's a feature request that I think would make quite a big difference to using Avenger and the XPs - a lock button on the ARP and the Drum Sequencer.

Sound Lock is one of the very best - and perhaps most under-appreciated - features in Omnisphere. There's a host of stuff you can lock as you browse, meaning you hear patches completely unique to you as you go through each patch. It might be over-ambitious to wish for this in Avenger, but those two specific locks would be invaluable.

Specifically it would enable you to browse ARPs and SQs and not hear melodic content - simply load a default 16ths into the ARP and done. Of course alternately if there was a specific ARP melody you liked, you could impose that on other presets by default. As it stands, you have load that ARP for every single preset you browse.

The biggest problem I can see is what to do with patches that contain multiple ARPs. The most obvious logic would be to over-ride every ARP instance with this locked pattern, though an alternate would be to load only ARP 1 (or whatever ARP number) with the one you lock.
100% agree.

What for ?
Bank Holiday Monday in Uk. No idea why but gonna make the most of it.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:23 am

What for ?
Bank Holiday Monday in Uk. No idea why but gonna make the most of it.
Cheers !

gran Multi.jpg
@Sampleconstruct
I have seen multiple oscs with zones in the video
you know, that the granular also can handle multisamples? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

msvs wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:21 am gran Multi.jpg

@Sampleconstruct
I have seen multiple oscs with zones in the video
you know, that the granular also can handle multisamples? :)
I know that but often I want to crossfade between the zones for a smoother transition. The problem with the multisamples in Avenger is that only notes below the root note will play until the next root note is reached, so it only transposes down and never up. Using individual oscs yields much better results. It's much more editing work but it's worth the efforts.

ok, just wanted to mention :)

Manuel Any news on the new expansion using the harmonizer. Also are you and Manuel going to implement new detune modes on the v saw in the future different algorithm

the harmonizer is being used by all upcoming xps (if needed in a preset)
the upcoming funky house 3 xp will use it in a brass section patch for example

different tune modes are not planned currently. If you want to use a special tuning, you can use 2 oscs with customized chorder each to make this supersaw.

m-ac wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:48 am Atmospherica 2 is a great expansion, quite playable and not too many melodic sequence samples. That said, I'm still getting 100% cpu spikes at rest every few seconds with any preset including INIT, empty logic project. Completely unusable and I just feel like abandoning avenger at this point. I'm sending a video report to support but just wanted to highlight the issue here. I'll report back.
Update from support on my issues so far: Went through the usual buffer, specs, versioning requests etc. No update from support on the issues since.

Love the synth!
But yesterday I stumbled over something that puzzled me. Though I have switched off all velocity sensitive controls (Amp, Filter, ...) Avenger still gives me different loudness on different velocities.
I was starring at the UI and clicking around for quite some time to find the missing velocity setting. But I wasn't able to track it down. Weird ... Can anyone assist with a tip?

Return to “Instruments”