[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v9.5.0

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moss wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:14 pm
metalsvinet wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:53 pm Great project! I get either silence or white noise when converting to Logic Sampler (EXS). Seems Jürgen is testing EXS in a third party sampler, so I'm just wondering if anyone has it working in Logic?

Sonoma 14.5 / Logic Pro 11
Does it work with none of the output files or can you track it down to certain sample rates, parameters, etc.?
Also, did you try different source formats?
Files were 48 kHz/24 bit. Tried a handful of Kontakt and Decentsampler files from Pianobook. If there are open source files you use for testing I could try them and report back.

Bonjour
le Convert With Moss - Multi Formats et super :tu:
jais une question a vous pause sur le formats ppf de yamaha
on peur ragoûté ppf en wave ou ppf en sf2 dans le logiciel Convert With Moss ? :help:
Merci

I'd like to request READ of Battery presets (.kit/.kt2/.kt3) and READ/WRITE presets for TAL Drum (.taldrum).
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

hrntrl wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:10 am
metalsvinet wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:53 pm Great project! I get either silence or white noise when converting to Logic Sampler (EXS). Seems Jürgen is testing EXS in a third party sampler, so I'm just wondering if anyone has it working in Logic?

Does it work with none of the output files or can you track it down to certain sample rates, parameters, etc.?
Files were 48 kHz/24 bit. Tried a handful of Kontakt and Decentsampler files from Pianobook. If there are open source files you use for testing I could try them and report back.
I did some testing and found a bug with the filter cutoff and its envelope (and I need to add velocity depth to fix some sounds). Please check if opening the filter fixes this.
No idea about the white noise. Can you point me to one Pianobook patch which causes this?

MSF wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:51 am Bonjour
le Convert With Moss - Multi Formats et super :tu:
jais une question a vous pause sur le formats ppf de yamaha
on peur ragoûté ppf en wave ou ppf en sf2 dans le logiciel Convert With Moss ? :help:
Merci
Up to my knowledge these are presets and no multi-samples.

Hi first of all, thank you for an excellent software, I'm testing the Windows version, do you know why am I getting the following error when converting from SF2 to SFZ?

Unsupported SF2 generators: freqModLFO

And I suppose I can ignore the following warning?

Warning: Left and right samples do not have the same length: BOD HIT03 -L (213593) BOD HIT03 -R (213594)

The source instruments were converted with CDXtract from an AKAI CD to SF2.

Any chance ConvertWithMoss will be able to convert someday from .iso AKAI CD images?

alemigol wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:01 am Hi first of all, thank you for an excellent software, I'm testing the Windows version, do you know why am I getting the following error when converting from SF2 to SFZ?

Unsupported SF2 generators: freqModLFO
This is just for your information to get an idea what got converted and what not.
alemigol wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:01 am And I suppose I can ignore the following warning?

Warning: Left and right samples do not have the same length: BOD HIT03 -L (213593) BOD HIT03 -R (213594)
That is more ciritical since left and right might get merged to stereo and then the loop might not be correct.
alemigol wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:01 am Any chance ConvertWithMoss will be able to convert someday from .iso AKAI CD images?
No idea.

Should I worry about freqModLFO ?

alemigol wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:48 pm Should I worry about freqModLFO ?
No.

moss wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:56 pm
hrntrl wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:10 am

I did some testing and found a bug with the filter cutoff and its envelope (and I need to add velocity depth to fix some sounds). Please check if opening the filter fixes this.
No idea about the white noise. Can you point me to one Pianobook patch which causes this?
For instance this Kontakt file from a Pianobook contributor generates only white noise when converted: https://www.pianobook.co.uk/packs/cr-seventy-eight/

Filter 1 and Filter 2 are both off by default. Turning on Filter 1 in the patch above affects the white noise, so whatever is going on must happen before the filters.

Hi,
I have had fun using it to make Decent Sampler presets from wav files. It was very easy to use. Thanks Moss.

Thanks for the 9.5 update! I've now tested this Kontakt piano library (https://www.pianobook.co.uk/packs/gentle-grand/) on my 1010music blackbox and preset.xml does have a delayed sample start, but there are still 200-300ms delay between pressing a key and hearing the piano. Any idea what could have gone wrong here? Thanks!

jonlemon wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:42 pm First and foremost: Thanks so much for your amazing tool! I just discovered it a couple of days ago.

I have encountered a problem when converting Decent Samples or Kontakt libraries to the 1010music format: In some libraries the audio samples start with silence (e.g., https://www.pianobook.co.uk/packs/steinway-grand/) and this shows up in the Decent Samples XML-file information, e.g.,

```
<sample path="Samples/Steinway_A#5_Dyn1_RR1.wav" volume="4.9999995231628dB" tuning="0.00" rootNote="94" start="35806" end="344405" loNote="88" hiNote="94" loVel="1" hiVel="60" />
````

but in the 1010music presets.xml the start point information does not show up.

```
<cell filename=".\Steinway_A#5_Dyn1_RR1.wav" row="0" type="asset">
<params asssrccol="0" asssrcrow="0" keyrangebottom="88" keyrangetop="94" rootnote="94" velrangebottom="1" velrangetop="60"/>
</cell>
```

and as a consequence, there is a noticeable delay between key press and the sample actually sounding, making the preset unplayable.

Is there a way to use this start-point information in the 1010music format? Or is it not supported for multisamples? If the latter is the case, then what's the best way to deal with this? Could your tool drop the silence in the beginning? Or should I, as the user, use some batch tool to cut the silence?
I've also retried this Decent sampler piano library I originally posted about (see the quoted post just above). It's still delayed even though presets.xml now does have "samstart" arguments. As a sanity check I loaded the same original Decent sample library in the Decent sampler standalone app and there the sound is immediate. Which makes me wonder whether the number in the "start" argument in the Decent sampler format and the same number in the 1010music format's "samstart" argument do not mean the same thing. Is there a constant added somewhere? Or is it related to the temporal resolution of the WAV file?

But this would not necessarily explain why I also find a delay using a Kontakt piano library (see my post above).
Last edited by jonlemon on Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

One thing noticed is that "samstart" has values in those entries

```
<cell filename=".\Steinway_A#5_Dyn1_RR1.wav" row="0" type="asset">
<params asssrccol="0" asssrcrow="0" keyrangebottom="88" keyrangetop="94" reverse="0" rootnote="94" samlen="380211" samstart="35806" samtrigtype="0" velrangebottom="1" velrangetop="60"/>
</cell>
```

but "samstart" is "0" in the other, earlier, more general XML entries (see the two examples below), but maybe this number should be non-zero? (However, I don't understand how the 1010music format works, so this might be nonsense what I'm talking about here).

```
<cell column="0" filename="\Presets\Steinway Grand" layer="0" row="0" type="sample">
<params actslice="1" beatcount="0" cellmode="0" chokegrp="0" dualfilcutoff="0" envattack="0" envdecay="0" envrel="0" envsus="1000" fx1send="0" fx2send="0" gaindb="0" gainspreadten="0" graincount="3" grainreadspeed="1000" grainsize="0" interpqual="1" lfoamount="0" lforate="845" lfowave="0" loopend="1425505" loopfadeamt="0" loopmode="0" loopmodes="0" loopstart="0" midimode="1" midioutchan="0" multisammode="1" outputbus="0" padnote="0" panpos="0" pitch="0" playthru="0" polymode="5" quantsize="3" recinput="0" recmonoutbus="0" recpresetlen="0" recquant="3" recthresh="-20000" recusethres="0" reverse="0" rootnote="0" samlen="1425505" samstart="0" samtrigtype="1" slicerquantsize="13" slicersync="0" slicestepmode="0" synctype="5"/>
<modsource amount="128" dest="pitch" slot="0" src="lfo1"/>
<modsource amount="328" dest="lfoamount" slot="0" src="modwheel"/>
</cell>
<cell column="1" filename="" layer="0" row="0" type="samtempl">
<params beatcount="0" cellmode="0" deftemplate="1" dualfilcutoff="0" envattack="0" envdecay="0" envrel="200" envsus="1000" fx1send="0" fx2send="0" gaindb="0" interpqual="1" midimode="0" mute="0" okegrp="0" padnote="0" panpos="0" pitch="0" playthru="0" polymode="0" polymodeslice="0" quantsize="3" recinput="0" recmonoutbus="0" recpresetlen="0" recquant="3" recthresh="-20000" recusethres="0" res="500" reverse="0" rootnote="0" samlen="0" samstart="0" samtrigtype="0" slicerquantsize="13" slicersync="0" slicestepmode="0" synctype="5" velamount="0"/>
</cell>
```

One more thought: On the blackbox itself you cannot edit the sample start or end for multisamples. And judging from this bitbox thread (https://forum.1010music.com/forum/produ ... ltisamples), sample start is indeed not implemented for multisamples. As a small experiment, I multiplied all "samstart" values by 10 (i.e., added a "0" at the end), but nothing changes: There's still the same delay, while if the "samstart" argument would be used, the samples should start somewhere within the samples (I guess). This supports the idea that the blackbox does not even use the "samstart" argument for multisamples.

I've posted about this on the 1010music forum here: https://forum.1010music.com/forum/produ ... ltisamples.

If it is indeed the case that "samstart" is ignored for multisamples, then the best workaround for the moment, I guess, is to simply trim the silence at the beginnings of the samples.

Is there any tool for batchprocessing samples like this that you would recommend?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”