Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:59 pm Those of us who do own the plugin have a vested interest in the future of Rapid (or lack thereof). Those who don't own it have invested nothing and hence have nothing to lose so their opinions on the subject of Rapid's future are utterly irrelevant.
You will be on retreat if you are still expecting to see any future development :D

Am I the only one who sees the opposite view ?
When you buy a car, you don’t expect new options to appear with time, right ? There’s not gonna be new speakers inside with an update. When you purchase a hardware synth, that’s he same : you get exactly what you buy. Who is still waiting for a MiniMoog or MS20 update ?
Well, I must say I expect the same from a VST synth. Unless there is a serious bug that prevents you to use it as it should, I expect nothing. An update with new features is clearly a gift to me.
So I’m totally fine with what Rapid is today.
Of course I’d love new soundbanks, but I never felt betrayed or robbed in anyway. I paid for an excellent synth that’s working fine.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:59 pm Certainly monitoring a thread about a plugin you might be interested is fine but just jumping in to start arguments about a plugin one doesn't own and probably never will is a pointless waste of time and simply brings noise.

Those of us who do own the plugin have a vested interest in the future of Rapid (or lack thereof). Those who don't own it have invested nothing and hence have nothing to lose so their opinions on the subject of Rapid's future are utterly irrelevant.
My 2 cents, first, you don't need to own a Cadillac among other things before you can criticize it. There can be a million reasons to weigh in on things you don't actually own so don't take it too personally. That said, I bought Rapid and a few expansions back in 2021 without giving a thought to what it may or may not become in the future (which is a good thing since it hasn't become much more than it was then). My "vested" interest is the price I paid for it and that's where it ends. It's not like I bought stock in the company and expect future returns. I've moved on and it seems the folks at Parawave have moved on as well unless they have something in the wings they're not talking about which I highly doubt. I like the sound of the plugin but I never got much use out of it for different reasons.
Last edited by dblock on Sun May 19, 2024 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Put simply:
This Synth is a busted Flush until the developer cares.

Doggo wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:17 am Put simply:
This Synth is a busted Flush until the developer cares.
I'd say if you can use it for what it is, more power to you. To me it's a missed opportunity to turn it into something really competitive so I've been buying the competition.

I swear y'all are getting NFRs of other synths for trash talking Rapid because it's so good. It's tiresome. Y'all have said it a 100 times before, so shut it and go away.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Gam456 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:12 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:59 pm Those of us who do own the plugin have a vested interest in the future of Rapid (or lack thereof). Those who don't own it have invested nothing and hence have nothing to lose so their opinions on the subject of Rapid's future are utterly irrelevant.
You will be on retreat if you are still expecting to see any future development :D
You didn't go far enough back to dig up an old post. From two months ago:
Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:38 pm For the hundredth time I don't need an update, just a little proof of life once in awhile.
And we still have no proof of life. I don't care if Rapid ever gets another update. I just want to know the company behind it is still breathing given the method of copy protection.

Since I'm on Windows the plugin itself will most likely keep working for quite some time but the same can not be guaranteed for the copy protection hand shake. If the company has given up then Rapid's future is unsure. But we don't know one way or the other since the two guys behind the project refuse to spend a minute or two once in awhile to assure people that Rapid is not orphaned. Again this is not some bit of freeware it's a synth still for sale with a $195 list price that is NFR.

Anyway, I've been using VPS Avenger instead because there is proof of life and ongoing expansion. I'll still call up Rapid for a patch and play session but don't use it in projects these days.
dblock wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:44 pm My 2 cents, first, you don't need to own a Cadillac among other things before you can criticize it.
The criticism was not about Rapid itself but insults to people who dared to complain about Parawave's lack of communication which as we can see continues to this day. The whole story is available on the last several pages. Digging it back up and starting it all over again served no purpose.

I've moved on so I would appreciate it if everyone would leave me out of the discussion from here on out......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This thread serves as a reminder that it is never a good idea to become emotionally involved with a company or product just because an arbitrary amount of cash has been exchanged.
Things come and go, some things stand the test of time, some things don't.

As far as I am concerned when a developer quietly drops off the radar there can be a very good reason.
My point being Parawave made a pro active post selling a new soundset with promises of significant development that never materialised.

It was Parawave themselves who held the carrot out long after development halted.
Now they have to suck up obvious criticism.

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:31 am
Gam456 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:12 pm
You didn't go far enough back to dig up an old post. From two months ago:
and I will be back in few month

Doggo wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:18 pm
Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:35 am If parallel wave ever reads this I hope that they consider adding links on their website to direct other third-party sound bank so it'll be easier for their customers to load up on more presets. The thing is with their marketing strategy with like $75 a bank, I don't know if they would be willing to advertise other banks for like 15 $20 on the website, especially if they're even near as good.
And promote a 3rd party ...Are you joking?
Since when did they ever bother to do that!
Reminds me of Nexus and Avenger where 3rd party sound designers who are busting their balls are more or less locked out from greedy short sighted anti trust eco systems.
Case in point look at Reveal Spire who opened their eco system up and have a ton of excellent 3rd party banks.
That's how its done.
Could not agree more. This is how its done, while grabbing 40% of each sale! Win on both sides.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

im wondering whats up with Parawave, how long we wait for MSEGs.... the communication with their customers is really just bad, yes you can use the plugin, it didnt get worse blablablabla. but wow, this thing really feels abandoned and yes i bought it in the past as it is but i had hopes with some more new updates/features after he was more active here, this kinda sucks, cause first being more active and responsive and suddenly acting like customers are annoying, customers are the ones who paid him and no he dont have to show something, but i find it still not respectful, thats why i got also more cautious with purchases. look at vengeance, i dont agree with all their stuff but they are well active and dont act being annoyed by customers. if you release something and get paid expect that people to communicate and not vanish from the scene and act like this.
for me i am in the mode not to expect anything (i guess there will be some silent new release some time but no hopes) anymore, just hope this crap online activation will still work. and yeah what sucks still is the sample import function, this sucks so hard i thought this might get improved within short time and now it takes years or maybe never comes lol.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

@parawave any word on the MSEGs update capitaine? :ud: I for one still love Rapid and think it has one of the best UIs out there, I just wish occasionally while I'm working on a sound that it had MSEGs to make things even a little more... rapid :-P

(I was going to attach a couple clips of patches I made with Rapid but it seems KVR won't let me upload audio? It keeps saying I have the wrong format, I've tried MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, and AIF... all under 1MB except for the AIF files... if anyone knows the solution... much appreicated)
Last edited by PebbleInAStream on Wed May 29, 2024 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

was my favorite plugin
sadly it dont run for me without crashing
i wrote them often but no respond yet

i deinstalled the plugin , and now i feel happpier
for me the company is dead

the gui was very good , and the features especially the fx section was great
it hurts to see this is going to an end here

Even I, who adores Rapid, dont have any hope anymore. Would settle for msegs, better sample managmenent and thats it, dont need anything anymore, would be the only synth I use.

Its hard, at least for me, to be motivated to build sounds for a plugin that feels abandoned. I built a lot of patches for Rapid initially, and since haven't really touched it. My last email to them didn't get a response.

I was really hoping to at least get the MSEG's that they mentioned. Its still a great synth with a fantastic GUI. I remember Mirko the sound designer mentioned here (or gearspace) that he would be more active with community. I don't think i have seen him since.

Fortunately, Dune covers most of what i do with Rapid. Mainly with the 8 layer system which i really like.

Return to “Instruments”