Digital Synth VSTs (like DIVA)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought it on the last 50% off sale. Those are rare, but could happen again.

Someone here has Diva for sale for $105. You could sample it and drop the sample in a wavetable synth ,works nicely

DCrown wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:27 am
ghostwhistler wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:50 pm
Fannon wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:29 pm From your question its not entirely clear to me: Are you mostly after the digital synth sound and not so much for a synth that looks / feels like Diva?

If yes, then you could try out Vital. It's free and on par with commercial synths. There's also a LOT of free presets available for it, e.g. here: https://presetshare.com/presets?instrument=2

I'm pretty sure that with Vital you could get to the sound you're after if you know what you're doing. Its a very flexible synth and the interface is rather intuitive for how much it can do.
I cant afford DIVA, as I said. As I have other analog emulations, including Repro, this part is the most interesting to me. DIVA as a whole would be wonderful as the other oscillators sound good as well. I don've anything like the digital oscillator it includes and I don't know of anything that's similar.

So thanks, but Vital is a wavetable vst. It doens't do what I'm referring to. Are you familiar with DIVA?
You can sometimes get DIVA second hand pretty cheap. I re-sold Diva for € 59 afair.
indeed! Someone got lucky then. :D

I've never seen it that cheap. But who knows

Supercollider wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:14 pm I realize this sounds EXTREMELY smug and entitled. That's probably my "coastal elite" side showing. But is Diva really that expensive for what it is?

Although Diva doesn't (thankfully) provide 1:1 emulations of classic analog (and digital) synths, it's even better, IMO, in that it provides the building blocks to create all manner of "analog" synth tones. $180 seems like an absolute steal for those capabilities.

But alas, if you are subsisting on cat food, then yes, $180 does seem like a lot of money. But I would do my very best to save up for Diva. It can easily replace a whole host of other boring "analog modeling" plugins and still sounds top notch 13 years after its release, IMO.
It's kinda sad to have to explain the difference between the notion of value for money and what the individual can afford. Stating that I can't afford DIVA isn't the same as saying it isn't a good piece of software.

Examigan wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:30 pm I bought it on the last 50% off sale. Those are rare, but could happen again.
That's still going to be out of my price range at near enough a hundred pounds.

ghostwhistler wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:11 pm It's kinda sad to have to explain the difference between the notion of value for money and what the individual can afford. Stating that I can't afford DIVA isn't the same as saying it isn't a good piece of software.
I'm sincerely sorry if I insulted you. I haven't always made the kind of money I do these days. So I definitely understand being on a budget and not being able to afford the things I might like. Again, my apologies for seeming to make light of your financial situation which I know absolutely nothing about.

Supercollider wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:14 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:11 pm It's kinda sad to have to explain the difference between the notion of value for money and what the individual can afford. Stating that I can't afford DIVA isn't the same as saying it isn't a good piece of software.
I'm sincerely sorry if I insulted you. I haven't always made the kind of money I do these days. So I definitely understand being on a budget and not being able to afford the things I might like. Again, my apologies for seeming to make light of your financial situation which I know absolutely nothing about.
I'm not insulted, it's just frustrating having to explain things like this

Diva for 59 Euros? That is lucky, but I’ve seen it for 0 dollars.

Do you want it?

Dang, second consecutive thread I have open in tabs in which Supercollider is super colliding with others. It might be a sign.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:12 pm Dang, second consecutive thread I have open in tabs in which Supercollider is super colliding with others. It might be a sign.
How am I "colliding" with others? I merely suggested that saving up for Diva might be worth it rather than searching for lesser alternatives. Shoot me for trying to be helpful.

It's not like I was suggesting "the only path forward is to purchase a $5,000 OB-X8."

If online forum members weren't so pathetically sensitive and prone to immediately assuming the absolute worst about people, the world might not be such a f*cked up place. Geez.

I did after all sincerely and graciously apologize for any insult I may have unintentionally given. When was the last time you did that?
Last edited by Supercollider on Wed May 29, 2024 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Supercollider wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:06 am If online forum members weren't so pathetically sensitive and prone to immediately assuming the absolute worst about people, the world might not be such a f*cked up place. Geez.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Wow, this is shocking, I feel deeply offended ! :cry:

:D
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

If I may actually be helpful, I would suggest that the OP check out TAL's "NoiseMaker" synth plugin. That's a GREAT free plugin. It's doesn't have the depth and versatility of Diva, but it sounds excellent and is amazingly free.

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-noisemaker

Charlatan 3 from Blaukraut. It's free.
SurgeXT, It's free.
ShortcircuitXT, it's being developed, free also.
Vital, free again.
Search Freeware in plugins.
De nada.

Supercollider wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:06 am
Dirtgrain wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:12 pm Dang, second consecutive thread I have open in tabs in which Supercollider is super colliding with others. It might be a sign.
How am I "colliding" with others? I merely suggested that saving up for Diva might be worth it rather than searching for lesser alternatives. Shoot me for trying to be helpful.
Dude, don't be colliding with me. You been warned, son. My internet tough guy anti-troll chops are renowned throughout the history of 4 chan. Decades before you noob-trolled your way onto your first forum, I was the King of phone phreaking and IRC. They called me, SBD. You don't want this. You don't want to know this. Go back to the world as you know it and look no further; I am the Red Pill, and you can't handle the truth. I am Nietzsche's abyss, and if you gaze too long into me, I will gaze into you.

Mock of the troll "back on point": Re the OP's query, Diva can capably get one close to the following: "Moog's Minimoog, Roland's Jupiter 6, Jupiter 8, Alpha Juno and Juno 60, and Korg's MS20. These fine instruments form the basis of Diva's oscillators, filters and envelopes, with a few judicious tweaks here and there" (source). If you start with any of those, you can search for VST emulations of them.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:07 am My internet tough guy anti-troll chops are renowned throughout the history of 4 chan.
4chan? Wow, that pretty much says it all. Your mom's basement awaits you where you can commiserate with all the other "incels." :lol:

I really, REALLY hope you are being ironic, for your own sake.

"Foe" it is!

Return to “Instruments”