Acid V vs TAL Bassline 101

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If it's not just strictly pure acid you're going to do, then 101 offers way more. I think it's a bit forgotten that plenty of acid was done with a 101/202. The sequencer in the 202 was the same as the 303, so it does all the same slides etc. 101 is a bit more basic but still does most of what a 303 sequencer does. You also mentioned filter losing bass - AcidV will do that too, very much so. It's what 303s do, in fact it loses all the bass if you squelch it up.

I use Phoscyon, but tbh there's not much sonic difference between that, ABL and AcidV so you could pick any of those 3 for 303ness and you wouldn't immediately know which. There's more choice for 101s and you need to try them as there is more difference. But for me, without doubt a 101 does a wider range than any 303. If you make Acid then it has to be a 303. If you're veering off to other flavours, you'll get way more mileage from a 101 imo.

Use Diva :wink:

Use anything!... Tons out there old-new I like CreakBox Extended...

If you like 'ripping acid' then try SubAtomic Labs Mantis... Demo only has nag tag no other restriction whatsoever-

https://mantis.subatomiclabs.com/

Nice small GUI no need for that oversize crapola-

Windows 32/64 & MAC

Also Venom-VB-303 good as well as free-

https://antonsavov.net/audio_plugins/vb303/

Rates right up there with the best at Acidvoice-

https://www.acidvoice.com/tb_303_vst_pl ... ftware.htm

What's amazing to me is that over at Acidvoice Rebirth is a 7/10 which is just one point from matching the BEST & In my eyes that makes Rebirth the best as it's the oldest... Makes me wanna open it up & make some riffs>>>

Tendou wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:34 pm honestly I like phoscyon2 the most of all 303 emulations
And Lush 2 by D16 is an absolute monster version of a 101.

Any tips on how best to recreate that bounce the 303 has on the 101 (so many numbers)?

ghostwhistler wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:32 am Any tips on how best to recreate that bounce the 303 has on the 101 (so many numbers)?
Not really, imho. At least at higher resonance settings.

I think they're fundamentally very different sounding synths.

The 303 has a kind of nasal quality due to its diode ladder filter. To me it's that filter that IS the sound of the 303.

At lower resonances they can sound pretty similar.

The 101 is definitely the more flexible but the 303 is a kind of genre unto itself.

Yeah I understand. Acid/303 does that one thing very very well, but the 101 is a bit more useful all round. That's cool

Yeah the 303 is THE Acid synth.

The squelch from the filter is its trademark. Very hard to replicate on anything else.

kraster wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:52 pm
Tendou wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:34 pm honestly I like phoscyon2 the most of all 303 emulations
And Lush 2 by D16 is an absolute monster version of a 101.
I'm afraid I couldn't get either of those to work (not Lush, it's too expensive anyway)

Return to “Instruments”