Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah I usually enjoy Ryan's videos but this Ripley Delay one was much too basic to enjoy. Clearly targeted at absolute newbs. I get it from a marketing perspective, sure, but...wasn't in the least bit interesting.

mholloway wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:38 am Yeah I usually enjoy Ryan's videos but this Ripley Delay one was much too basic to enjoy. Clearly targeted at absolute newbs. I get it from a marketing perspective, sure, but...wasn't in the least bit interesting.
Agreed. The sound demos on the Reason Studios website do a much better job of selling Ripley, than this video does.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, Moved to Reason and Rack Extensions exclusively (from Reaper and VSTs) several years ago.

crimsonwarlock wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:42 am Agreed. The sound demos on the Reason Studios website do a much better job of selling Ripley, than this video does.
He did say he was going to do an advanced video too.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:35 am
ShawnG wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:29 am
chimp_spanner wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:29 am I do love Ryan's videos. He has so much clarity and enthusiasm and I always pick up some kind of cool idea or tip or trick.
I agree, Ryan is fantastic. I do miss the old voiceover guy props used, but ryan has a good vibe and does a great job for them. The only other tutorials I have ever found that have been as useful to me were… yours! They seem to have someone else doing them on Groove3 now, but if you ever do more, on any subject, I’ll check them out.
Seriously I think it's cringe ..the old voiceover was even worse .
All these reason promo videos are targeted at a verry immature beginners audience , the way they explain things assumming we're all idiots , the kindergarten level jokes ..
Perhaps they should leave that out and start to get a little bit more serious .
Personally I feel the use of the word cringe is cringe. but maybe you can provide me with an example of the sort of thing you are talking about that you prefer. specifically.

He forgot to mention that the new drag zoom works also vertically if done before the keyboard area.
MuLab of course :D

Mention of custom tagging for our own presets: check. Any mention of adding our own custom tags..... nope.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, Moved to Reason and Rack Extensions exclusively (from Reaper and VSTs) several years ago.

I remember when vertical drag zooming was added to cubase sx1 around 2001 , it made navigating the project window so much more user frienly .
Reason just needed 25 years to catch up and sell it as a feature , while it should really be part of a simple incremental update .
Yeah , reason studios 😂
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

When are people going to realize that quite obviously Reason Studios is not interested in being a "DAW" DAW? There are plenty of other more feature filled alternatives if Reason doesn't cut it for you. Yes, there are things I'd like to see implemented but I've learned by now that if I don't like Reason now that it's very likely I wouldn't like the next update or the one after that, etc.

I think this update does move Reason in the right direction as a DAW, but it obviously is a long way behind other DAWS in many ways. May be enough for some people but I suspect many of on on 12 will not be motivated to update unless it’s very inexpensive (which I am pretty sure it won’t be),
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This is a step in the right direction, IMO. Reason, to me, is still in Bitwig/FL Studio bloated workflow land, but with the latest changes (where they seemed to have taken notes both from Ableton and Bitwig), it's quite a bit more approachable.

And PolyTone, while being super light and approachable to use, can be quite a beast for sound design, when you use the morph-feature and combine it with velocity-triggered switching. It's so playable!

If the new devices are part of Reason itself, I might think about upgrading from 12. I just use the RRP and they finally got rid of the Tutorial strip on the side you can not disable. Now they just need to activate the sampler/ recorder in the sample plugins, and I’m happy
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2…+…Push 2 driven by Moss……Softube.. everything

parma wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:50 pm When are people going to realize that quite obviously Reason Studios is not interested in being a "DAW" DAW? There are plenty of other more feature filled alternatives if Reason doesn't cut it for you. Yes, there are things I'd like to see implemented but I've learned by now that if I don't like Reason now that it's very likely I wouldn't like the next update or the one after that, etc.
Vertical drag zooming has nothing to do with the intention of being a daw-daw ., it's simply a great feature to navigate in XY space .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

sQeetz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:26 am If the new devices are part of Reason itself, I might think about upgrading from 12.
They are. But for me, that is not enough to make me want to upgrade.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”