Audiority Doomagorgon - Brutal Fuzz & Distortion Pedal Plugin (AAX, AU, CLAP, VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Doomagorgon

We are happy to announce to you our new release: Doomagorgon

Doomagorgon is the most brutal octave fuzz and distortion pedal we ever made.

This is our take on one-half of a Boss® FZ-2™ (the Univox™ SuperFuzz channel) and one-half of the HM-2™ to create the ultimate two-headed infernal riff beast.

It can go from deep fat octave-fuzz doom and sledge tones, up to tight modern death metal chainsaws with just the turn of a knob.

We went ever further by adding a transposer, a “FILTH MOD” (doubling down distortion and scoop for the fuzz channel) and a “RAT MOD” (to switch the chainsaw channel from a smooth overdrive to a RAT-like hard clipping distortion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm-G9IAZH1Y

Specifications
  • Faithfully modeled on original hardware pedals
  • Octave Fuzz Channel
  • Chainsaw Channel
  • Switchable FILTH MOD for the Fuzz channel
  • Switchable RAT MOD for Chainsaw channel (hard clipping mode)
  • Independent Tone Shaping per Channel
  • Transposer
  • Noise Gate
  • Level Meters
  • Pre and Post effect gain
  • Mix control
  • Resizable interface
Intro Price: €29/$29 (until July 14th. Regular price is €49/$49)
Loyalty discount in User Area for existing customers (free plugins excluded)

More info: https://www.audiority.com/shop/doomagorgon/

Cheers,
Luca

Funny, when I think of weird I think of "vegan" instead. I actually very much like the graphics. I guess, as usual, to each their own.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Sounds very nice!

Neato. I've got a cmos chip based fuzz pedal that has similar features. May be neat to have it going inside my computer.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Hmm, I didn't think I really had a use for a fuzz, since I tend to stick with other distortion types or go nuts with Ruina. But I'm getting some great results, and it pairs nicely with Ruina to layer in even more doom.

Just messing around, I have Aalto just playing a sine, Ruina, Electric Mistress, Doomagorgon, Lair. I feel like Sunn O))) would give me at least a nod in respect (at least if I were playing this on a loud enough system instead of just my headphones) :D

Demoing right now.
I'm not familiar with the FZ-2, but is that "left-half" of the pedal supposed to be shifted 1 octave up by default?

This isn’t a flanger :?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

foosnark wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:30 am Hmm, I didn't think I really had a use for a fuzz, s
fuzz, fuzz, fuzz,
fuzz is all you need!

all you need is fuzz! fuzz! fuzz!

as the beatles once sang.

Sometimes I start getting fuzzy on weekends, but then I shave again Monday morning.

foosnark wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:54 am Sometimes I start getting fuzzy on weekends, but then I shave again Monday morning.
move from lsd to mushrooms, it hits different
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Niowiad wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:53 am Demoing right now.
I'm not familiar with the FZ-2, but is that "left-half" of the pedal supposed to be shifted 1 octave up by default?
The octaved fuzz sound is very different from a 1 octave up pitch shifted one. In those fuzz circuits, the "octaved" sound is a full wave rectifier: it flips the negative parts of the signal to positive, giving the illusion of an octaved sound.

Good to know, I had no clue whatsoever :party:

I want to buy it just for the graphics :)

OK now I realize why I thought it was being shifted 1 octave up...
The first thing I try with any new saturation/distortion plugin is running a sinewave through them... and of course the full-wave rectified sinewave is going to sound like that :dog:

Sounds great on other sources and more complex soundwaves. Totally on my buylist :borg:

Fantastic sounding plugin, I've already spent hours lost in doom riffs. I reckon this and Fuse's Dozer Drive is all you need for sludge/doom (apart from a wall of 4x12s)

Return to “Effects”