Experiences with curved displays?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What experiences have you had with curved displays?

I need a new monitor for my Mac soon and find the curved screens quite interesting. However, opinions about them seem to vary. I've even read that some people get headaches from them.

Do you use a curved screen or why did you consciously decide against one?

I have also heard urban legends about Hattiwattis appearing from the depths of curved monitors, yet I have not countered one. Been quite happy with a 34" curved 3440x1440@144hz.

I did have many. many doubts buying one, but I have already forgotten why and now I can not imagine going back to a normal screen.
{"panic_string":"BAD MAGIC! :shrug: (flag set in iBoot panic header), no macOS panic log available"} "Apple did not respond to a request for comment."

I’ve been using one for a good few years now, for no other reason than I got it at a good price when I wanted to upsize. It’s a 30”. I personally didn’t notice any difference from a flat monitor.

Last edited by yellowmix on Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A 32” can have different aspect ratio.
I chose 16:9 and flat so stuff onscreen is large & not far apart. And my monitor specs did not come in curved.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Are you commenters using displayport, or hdmi/hdmi2? Or something else?
Cheers

HDMI

Displayport and HDMI. I use that to switch my big display between 2 computers and it only has one DP in.

They look great but i run dual screens. If a monitor gets broken, I'm glad that I only need to replace one half.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”