Kraftur by Soundtheory, a multi band clipper

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At least I think it's a multi band clipper.

https://www.soundtheory.com/kraftur
Kraftur has been carefully engineered to enrich your mix, allowing you to increase power while preserving the original integrity of its dynamics. Using new, proprietary DSP methods, Kraftur relies on innovative algorithms to avoid artifacts that come with more traditional approaches to soft clipping. Kraftur can also add clarity, punch or pleasant warmth to almost any audio material.

screenshot-7fae5c61e45f2ec699b291b0579d8c38.png

Used on the mix bus, Kraftur helps increase the power of the signal while containing the signal peaks. It can elevate the top end to introduce more harmonics, depth and crispness.

On individual mix elements such as vocals, drums or strings Kraftur is very effective for adding frequency-specific saturation while maintaining the quality and dynamics of the original material. You can add extra punch to your drums, add more presence to your vocals and add clarity to your strings.

When driven harder, Kraftur can also sculpt your sound by inducing harmonic distortion to create some unique colors, warmth and space.

- Minimized aliasing and interharmonic distortion due to unique oversampling and DSP algorithms.
- An innovative triangular blend control that allows the user to mix seamlessly between single and multi-band processing.
- Fine tuning of the distortion curve, which allows the sound to be more punchy or more dense.
- A state-of-the-art MATCH mode that dynamically compensates for loudness, so you can hear what Kraftur is adding to your sound without fooling your ears.
- Three frequency bands, with control over their individual distortion curves and their frequency ranges.
- Soundtheory's new VisionTone color mapping technology based on human color perception.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Double Tap on Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

67 Euro...

This company is dead to me since they forced the transition from serial numbers to iLok.

For anyone interested I’d recommend reading their ludicrous license transfer policy. I wonder how it stacks up against the Newfangled Audio one.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

It's actually hilarious :lol: I can't find the newfangled one. Probably because their site doesn't work at all in firefox mobile

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:05 am 67 Euro...
This seems to be the introductory price up until September 1st (30% off).
"There's a certain detail seen here."

Sound Theory Gullfoss is nice imho. Their license transfer policy is ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as Acustica, who wins the award for The Most Boneheaded License Policy. Here are the polices FYI

OP The company is Sound Theory. Gullfoss is a product.

SOUND THEORY https://www.soundtheory.com/support
Licence transfer involves our time and work. A base fee of $10 is charged for effecting a transfer. Additionally, a transfer fee of 10% of the RRP of the software product will be charged per year of completed ownership for the first 4 years. After that it's 5% of the RRP. It is important that you notify support directly about any transfer.
ACUSTICA https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/supp ... conditions
When a customer buys a commercial product on Acustica Audio's web-shop, the value of the Product transfers (PTR) indicator will be five. This means that the first owner can resell the product to another user as a second-hand product. The second user will receive the product after the transfer is made, but the value of the product transfers (PTR) indicator will decrease by one unit, and thus the product can be resold up to five times, but the fifth owner will have a product with a zero product transfers (PTR) indicator and will not be able to transfer the product to a sixth user for free.

Each customer has five free User transfers (UTR) available, i.e., each time the user transfers a commercial product or several commercial products by creating a batch product transfer, the value of the User Transfers (UTR) indicator will decrease by one unit when the value of the User Transfers (UTR) indicator is zero, no more products can be transferred for free.

Additional transfers may be requested at the cost of 25 euros plus the difference between the product purchase price and the retail price listed on the Acustica Audio store. Each additional support request pertaining to product transfers has a fixed cost of 25 euros.
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:07 am For anyone interested I’d recommend reading their ludicrous license transfer policy.
it is pretty insane. was hard to imagine a policy worse than the 2caudio transfer policy but congrats to soundtheory for pulling it off! yay. they did it. worst license transfer policy ever.
Greenstorm33 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:07 amI wonder how it stacks up against the Newfangled Audio one.
new fangled audio clipper is fantastic. all their plug ins are really good at what they do and reasonably priced w/frequent sales etc. fast w/updates and fixes too. excellent company.

dayjob wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:07 am new fangled audio clipper is fantastic. all their plug ins are really good at what they do and reasonably priced w/frequent sales etc. fast w/updates and fixes too.
In fact their entire mastering bundle is currently around the same price as the introduction price for Kraftur - https://www.newfangledaudio.com/elevatemasteringbundle ($79)

I think the Soundtheory one is more ridiculous,you have to pay a subscription basically for a second hand license. That’s crazy.
Last edited by ChanceB on Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

amazing transfer policy, good luck with the sales of Gullfoss, you sure want to limit the income
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Product looks interesting
Last edited by Digivolt on Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone compared this to KClip 3 yet?
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

ChanceB wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:19 am I think the Soundtheory one is more ridiculous,you have to pay a subscription basically for a second hand license. That’s crazy.
I interpret it like you pay the amount up front, but it’s based on the number of years you owned the product.

So you pay less fee if you sell it earlier? How does that even make the slightest sense?

Has it always been like that or did they change their policy recently?

Return to “Effects”