UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Has anyone with a Mac installed their soundsets on an external SSD?
It took ages to download everything from UVI Portal as I have some of the big bundles (Vintage Vault, Key Suite, Synth Anthology etc).
All seemed great, but then I realised when I launched Falcon a few days later there were no soundsets showing and UVI Portal didn’t seem to think I had any installed. I can navigate to the soundset files on the SSD and they will work fine and still activated on iLok ok, but it’s annoying as (i) I want to set up favourite patches and (ii) because Portal seems oblivious to the libraries it downloaded and installed I don’t get prompted if there are any library updates.

Anyone had this or a fix that’s better than re-downloading everything again and hoping it sticks around?

ftr on a M3 Pro Mac, latest Sonoma.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

You can point to your external drive in the Soundbanks tab of the Falcon preferences dialog:

falcon.jpg
Check Automount so they appear in the Falcon browser automatically. I have most of my libraries on an external drive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bradkvr wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:05 pm You can point to your external drive in the Soundbanks tab of the Falcon preferences dialog:

falcon.jpg

Check Automount so they appear in the Falcon browser automatically. I have most of my libraries on an external drive.
Cheers, will give that a go but I do wonder why the soundbank libraries aren't listed in UVI Portal despite having been downloaded and installed from there. Guess I'll have to flip through its preferences too.

Edit: Oh wow. That did the trick, when I launched UVI Portal it had done all the joining up so it must interrogate Falcon's settings. Phew, had a horrible feeling I would have to redownload half a terabyte of soundbanks.

I definitely should have RTFMd - had never noticed those icons in the preferences.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

For such a powerful and complex synth, the manual is pretty light on for the most part but sometimes veers into annoyingly esoteric "mathy" stuff (like the description of the additive oscillator). But yes, worth reading bits of at least...

I'd like to welcome new subscribers aboard with a current pricedrop.
50% off with a rough 24 hours left before price goes up.
10 soundsets for Falcon.
Welcome and join Iterata X.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Was playing with Falcons euclidean drum sequencer driving Battery last night- so much fun. But to set it up, I had to make a dummy/mute keygroup otherwise Falcon wouldn't let me insert any event processors. I threw an analogue oscillator in and turned down the gain, and got the sequencer feeding midi out as desired...but using an oscillator, albeit silent, is still probably eating up a few CPU cycles and isnt as effecient as I'd like. Surely there is a better way...?

swilow11 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:34 am Was playing with Falcons euclidean drum sequencer driving Battery last night- so much fun. But to set it up, I had to make a dummy/mute keygroup otherwise Falcon wouldn't let me insert any event processors. I threw an analogue oscillator in and turned down the gain, and got the sequencer feeding midi out as desired...but using an oscillator, albeit silent, is still probably eating up a few CPU cycles and isnt as effecient as I'd like. Surely there is a better way...?
1. To save as a preset you need to have some oscillator in a keygroup. You can turn oscillator off, not just turn gain down.
2. If not saving preset then you just throw Euclidean sequencer and Midi Out on Events page and it should work.

swilow11 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:34 am Was playing with Falcons euclidean drum sequencer driving Battery last night- so much fun. But to set it up, I had to make a dummy/mute keygroup otherwise Falcon wouldn't let me insert any event processors. I threw an analogue oscillator in and turned down the gain, and got the sequencer feeding midi out as desired...but using an oscillator, albeit silent, is still probably eating up a few CPU cycles and isnt as effecient as I'd like. Surely there is a better way...?
I have been thinking about this, too, but was afraid I needed to do too much tweaking in Battery to assign the right keys. Which DAW are you using? Or did you use Battery by itself and not as a vst?

Stan Navi wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:46 am
1. To save as a preset you need to have some oscillator in a keygroup. You can turn oscillator off, not just turn gain down.
2. If not saving preset then you just throw Euclidean sequencer and Midi Out on Events page and it should work.
I'll have another play around, but I wasn't able to even drop anything into events without a keygroup. But as there are always multiple ways to do the same thing in Falcon, I'll try something else. Thanks for the reply 👍

Requeenre wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:57 am
I have been thinking about this, too, but was afraid I needed to do too much tweaking in Battery to assign the right keys. Which DAW are you using? Or did you use Battery by itself and not as a vst?
I was using Bitwig. The Euclidean key sequencer is probably easier to manage as you can make a template mapped to Batterys default midi notes and work that way, just do the boring work of mapping once and you should be done.

Definitely worth playing with- I've got a bunch of other sequencers but the ones in Falcon are either really unique or much easier to program...I'm teaching myself Lua/UVISCript so I can make my own. Although with the Bitwig note grid a lot of this is just for shits n giggles 😃

Could we please get a spectral oscillator ?

Thank you.

I love that my 2011 i7 Macbook Air runs Falcon V3 just fine!

UVI Portal
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Supported Operating Systems:
- MacOS 10.14 Mojave to macOS 14 Sonoma
- 80MB of disk space
- Windows 10 to Windows 11 (64-bit)
- 80MB of disk space
Falcon user since 2015

Return to “Instruments”