Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From the few screenshots we have, one can see that they seem to finally have embraced dark mode on MacOS. (window title bars etc...)
If they also got rid of, or at least gave same thought to the unbearably ugly and unnecessarily huge button bar on each plugin window (keep open, automate, remote, screenshot) then I might consider using it again not only as a plugin :)
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2…+…Push 2 driven by Moss……Softube.. everything

With the ability to finally send MIDI between tracks in Logic, the best solution(best Reason experiment) is still to use MIDIFX and the effect slot with the Reason rack, or even the instrument slot if preferred, as it can also host the Reason plugin. Furthermore, with SSL360, you can add the Reason mixer workflow to it.

By the way, the Reason plugins have greatly benefited from not having to toggle the preset browser on and off, so that's probably the reason behind the entire browser redesign
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Well it's out now, who has bought it?
I may pick it up later if/when they run a sale.

woops...199$ upgrade price...pretty high imho

you can work twice as fast with it, so you need only half the time for ammortisation, Irony off.
artie fichelle sounds natural

$259 CND including taxes for the upgrade. They have a 20% off for annual subscriber code which is active but can't be applied to people who don't want to subscribe.
lalo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:31 am woops...199$ upgrade price...pretty high imho

deleted
Last edited by Scotty on Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

deleted

lalo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:31 am woops...199$ upgrade price...pretty high imho
Upgrade from 12 to 13 for £199 in the UK ($250), I very much doubt many will pay that, I am on 12 and it certainly isn't worth it for me even at half that....They do make the subscription plan look better though with these high upgrade costs!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:45 am I very much doubt many will pay that, I am on 12 and it certainly isn't worth it for me even at half that....
For a sale price (50% or so) I would definitely buy it. Just to keep it "up-to-date".

Crossinger wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:48 am
SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:45 am I very much doubt many will pay that, I am on 12 and it certainly isn't worth it for me even at half that....
For a sale price (50% or so) I would definitely buy it. Just to keep it "up-to-date".
yup, i think that is the sweet spot. i would buy at $99.

Got all reason from 2 to 12 but I would not pay 199 euros for a new synth and a delay, definitely 😱

SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:45 am I am on 12 and it certainly isn't worth it for me even at half that...
Same. Upgrading would seriously cripple my workflow, as they took out an important feature without giving a substitute solution. Right now, I'll keep an eye out to see where they will go with point-updates, maybe upgrade later (during a sale) if functionality returns.

I'm even contemplating getting a license for another DAW and seeing where that takes me. I invested heavily in Rack Extensions, but those can come to another DAW via the rack-plugin. No need to upgrade for that either.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, Moved to Reason and Rack Extensions exclusively (from Reaper and VSTs) several years ago.

Scotty wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:56 am $259 CND including taxes for the upgrade. They have a 20% off for annual subscriber code which is active but can't be applied to people who don't want to subscribe.
Yeah, that's quite high, considering I bought the whole Reason a few years back for $399 CDN. However, with the current exchange rate, Reason 12 would be $273 bucksCDN, so Reason Studios are giving you a great deal.

SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:45 am Upgrade from 12 to 13 for £199 in the UK ($250), I very much doubt many will pay that, I am on 12 and it certainly isn't worth it for me even at half that....They do make the subscription plan look better though with these high upgrade costs!
Yeah, that's definitely the point of the upgrade change from 129 to 199 a few years back.
Uber fans will fork that out. The rest of us will wait out for a sale or skip an upgrade or two.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”