Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amigo Sampler

stekkermane wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:55 am hey stekker here from amigo chiming in,

to clarify some concerns, yes the next big update will use a licence key to combat the vast amount of piracy because sadly even tough we want to make it cheap and available for anyone on any budget a simple search gives tons of websites spreading it illegally.

the 3 times refers to 3 machine ID's so you can reinstall and reuse on the same machine as many times as u want even when u completely reinstall your OS it will not count towards a new activation. ( and even if you happen to max out those 3 and just send us a nice email that maybe u just got a new computer we will be more than glad to grant u another activation or two )

3 to us seems like a fair number of machines and realistic to have maybe a laptop, desktop and potentially a future computer, studio computer, work computer and so on.

as far as Challenge and response goes, i don't think many here seem to understand that a licence key with zero C/R would not do anything at all to stop piracy, a 1000 people could just use the exact same key over and over if there is no form of C/R in place so this makes no sense in terms of being a developer.

the C/R we will be implementing will be only needed when doing the first activation, once activated Amigo will generate a local file and will never need to be connected ever again and is not continually pinging any server or anything like that.

on the concerns in terms of " what if we go bankrupt or quit in 10 years, i still want to use my plugin and be able to activate it " and all these speculations, if that ever does happen we 100% will release amigo for free + licence free as indeed that is a frustrating thing but we are fully aware of such concerns. even me personally i have used many retro plugins which are not usable anymore because of their C/R servers being long gone and offline.

hope that clarifies a bit,
cheers stekker
I think your solution is completely fine and reasonable. It will not affect my intention to keep using it at all. A shame that people would resort to pirating such a generously priced plugin but here we are.

stekkermane wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:55 am to clarify some concerns, yes the next big update will use a licence key to combat the vast amount of piracy because sadly even tough we want to make it cheap and available for anyone on any budget a simple search gives tons of websites spreading it illegally.
It's a real shame that piracy still goes on at prices like these. But for some people it's probably more of a "sport" - they even steal freeware :hihi:

+1 for iLok
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Well, I’m out.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

i wonder why people think ilok will stop piracy
aliasing plugin owner
:?

It's not necessarily that iLok is more effective at piracy prevention, it's that a licence on a dongle is safer long-term than a challenge/response system.
Image Image Image Image

also to keep in mind we are not some big plugin company, we are just two guys in our twenties making a small niche plugin passion project so stuff like iLok costs a lot of money to licence making it really only a option for huge plugin companies.

thus the serial number method just seems like the best option. will it stop the best crackers in the world? no ofcourse not, but will it atleast postpone or wipe out a big chunk of piracy from those who now can just share the .zip files.

also most plugin crackers only do so for very big and high in demand plugins, not small niche boutique ones like this. since its not always an easy or quick task they can't be bothered to crack every single plugin out of millions.

and again i can not stress enough for those few who hate Call and response activation, once we decide to stop this project in 10-15 years or whatever speculation, we will remove that and the need to activate from Amigo.

stekkermane wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:31 am also to keep in mind we are not some big plugin company, we are just two guys in our twenties making a small niche plugin passion project
Maybe others have a different opinion on this, but here is my take: :hug:

Ok, but why would I waste £10 buying this plugin if I know I can get it for free if I wait 15 years??

(If it's not clear, this is a joke)

Just purchased, been meaning to for a bit. Can't imagine throwing a fit about basic and unintrusive copy protection (especially for a plugin that costs as much as a fast food combo meal).

I bought it upon release but C+R for a 10 dollar plugin is a bit far stretched .
It's also a bit ironic since the tracker amiga scene was all about uncleared samples etc...
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:44 pm I bought it upon release but C+R for a 10 dollar plugin is a bit far stretched .
It's also a bit ironic since the tracker amiga scene was all about uncleared samples etc...
So if they charged $50 a pop would the plugin then be 'worthy of copy protection'.. Then you can move on to crying about the price next week!

I bought this the other night and it's great. When I purchased it I received a license code HOWEVER I haven't been prompted to enter it. The plugin just...works. Am I doing something wrong?

Zero issue with the proposed copy protection.

Examigan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:35 am I have an Amiga 500 but I am still going to check this out. :)
My favorite computer of all time. :)

Return to “Instruments”