Airwindows Consolidated: Free Mac/Windows/Linux CLAP/VST3/AU/LV2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Airwindows Consolidated

Thanks muchly Chris and Paul.

I use Reaper at "double precision" 64bit floating point with a block (same as buffer?) size of 4096. I also forgot to mention that I was comparing rendered files, rather than "live playback" of the automation, when nulling the tracks. Not sure if that extra information sheds light on things?

Finally installed. What a literal game changer for airwindows plugins. Thanks Paul. Thanks Chris.

The favorites list is very useful. Couldn't go without it. My one request would be to be able to scroll through the entire collection alphabetically, unfiltered by type. I can filter by categories and choose "All Plugins" but then when I use the scroll arrows at the top to scroll through they are still sorted by type. Thus not alphabetically, only alphabetically sorted by type. Maybe just the way my mind works, but I can see cases where I might want to scroll A-Z through the entire collection. I see you can search by name, but this loses some of the serendipity.

But that's just my standalone plugins :D install those and then you'll have the entire collection alphabetically, which many people including me find kind of cumbersome…

No doubt, kind of cumbersome, and you should know. :) I guess I'm thinking about it more in terms of a checkbox option under settings, Alphabetical Order by Category, that is enabled by default and then can be disabled to go alphabetical on a larger scale. I love the filter by Favorites option. :tu:

I'm also seeing that a dice next to the heart could also provide another form of serendipity. Random selection within a category ... too much?

Why is Pafnuty2 included but not the original Pafnuty? I had to side-by-side to see they are not entirely the same. The original included some higher order harmonics, 11-12-13, right?

We are limited to 10 params and oafnuty2 has 13 iirc

A randomizer is a good idea and easy to code. Menu / roll the dice on the effect or effect and settings both

The problem with pure alpha with no categories is the menu is a mess but if you just mean for jog it’s not impossible but I’m not sure it’s useful.

Thanks for explaining. Will leave Pafnuty installed standalone.
baconpaul wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:31 pm A randomizer is a good idea and easy to code. Menu / roll the dice on the effect or effect and settings both

The problem with pure alpha with no categories is the menu is a mess but if you just mean for jog it’s not impossible but I’m not sure it’s useful.
Yes, I meant just for jog dial. Agreed would be a mess in the menus otherwise, but you can ignore it. I barely see the usefulness :D and there are other ways to get to the same place. Glad you like the randomizer. Maybe this was all in service of that idea.

baconpaul wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:31 pm We are limited to 10 params and oafnuty2 has 13 iirc
Yup. In fact I specifically put out Pafnuty2 and CStrip2 in order to have versions of those plugins that would show up in the Rack build, and now in Consolidated, and that's also why Parametric has three bands instead of the four that will be in ConsoleX.

There were never that many plugins with more than 10 parameters, because they tend to be focussed on doing one thing and because they've always been just lists of sliders (I'm doing mixes now with a preliminary ConsoleX, with more than twenty-five sliders in advance of a GUI version, and it's hilarious and disorienting working with that many sliders)

At this point, I actively design new plugins to have 10 or less parameters, and they'll either be redesigned until they fit naturally into the Rack and Consolidated versions, or they'll end up a completely different sort of plugin that won't be seen in Consolidated. It turns out I can still put out the standalone retro AU/VSTs with absurd numbers of sliders, and I'm going to, but some of my stuff simply needs to move on to the 'design a dedicated GUI' stage to be functional, and Consolidated/Rack are not dedicated GUIs, they are adaptable GUIs helping you work with a vast library of simpler plugins, so it's a useful constraint limiting them to 10 parameters.

I'll point out: the system also makes a Rack plugin. You could resize, or add a scrolling panel, to a CLAP plugin… but for a Rack plugin, it's got to run a cable to a certain place on the plugin, so there's no facility for sticking on extra inputs, and on the Rack plugin you can run a cable to any of the controls with a little attenuverter… so we're going to treat the 10 parameters as set in stone, please :D

Chris, if you have the time/inclination, I’m curious to know your thinking behind choosing some of your older plugins for Favorites, when I was under the impression you had more modern favorites in certain categories.
Eg. Why Slew2 instead of PlatinumSlew, OneCornerClip instead of ClipOnly2, ToTape6 instead of Tape, and why not the dithering from Monitoring3 in the dither section?

For those of us who prefer to work at 48k, would a 2x oversample option be a possibility? I know oversampling is generally frowned upon in Airwindows land but 96k is meant to be the sweet-spot for the code (or some of it) and maybe having a 2x option is the lesser of two evils (versus running at 48k)?

I would like to see 88.2/176.4 kHz samplerate support added.

In the current linux version the bypass button doesn't work on the lv2 plugin. Clicking it, it just flashes off and back on. It works with the vst3.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Effects”