How to Sell a Sound Set?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I am in the process of making a sound set for a synth plugin. What is the best way of selling it? Where? How much should I charge per patch? It will be 64 patches I suppose...

Out of the different options, Gumroad ticks all of the boxes for my needs. They have a pretty straight-forward solution with payment processing, etc. And you can always link it to your own website if you decide to go that route in the future.

In regards to pricing, I charge more for patches that include sample content. That includes multi-samples and wavetables. Taking into account the complexity of the programming involved, prices can range from $20 to $50 for a soundset with 64 patches. Good luck! :tu:

morphex wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:57 am Out of the different options, Gumroad ticks all of the boxes for my needs. They have a pretty straight-forward solution with payment processing, etc. And you can always link it to your own website if you decide to go that route in the future.

In regards to pricing, I charge more for patches that include sample content. That includes multi-samples and wavetables. Taking into account the complexity of the programming involved, prices can range from $20 to $50 for a soundset with 64 patches. Good luck! :tu:
Hey, thanks, I already thought nobody cared :cry:
Gumroad, hm, never heard of it before...

Well, my patches are for Sylenth1, hence there are no samples, wavetables, etc.
So, maybe 10 bucks for a sound set?

I just did a quick search for Sylenth1 on Gumroad:
https://gumroad.com/?query=sylenth1
Seems to confirm your pricing range, i.e. at the lower end in this case...

And how do you make people aware of your sound sets so that they go to that site in the first place?

Any others beside gumroad? I'll add audio bombs.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”