Favorite distinctive EQs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EfreetiSultan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:12 am waves H-EQ is an oldie but goldie!!
sadly i almost never use it anymore.
I think it may have been the first of its kind too, or something close to that. Now it's pretty commonplace to find an eq emulating different types of classic filters. I will say, the way you can mix and match the filters and the different types of emulated THD is pretty cool.

Still a fav actually. I also have the IK Equal which is something similar again, but also different in its own way.

bmanic wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:02 am
jeremycsf wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:02 am There's a UAD sale going on right now: any thoughts on the Manley Massive Passive? The API Vision channel strip?
Haven't yet started the Manley MP demo yet as I own Pulsar Audio's excellent model of the same EQ but I'm absolutely 100% sure going to purchase the API Vision plugin mainly due to how amazingly it clips things in it's preamp stage. It's absolutely amazing for a lot of single target audio sources.

I'm also currently demoing the Capitol Mastering compressor and that too seems really unique in it's flavor. Unfortunately it's quite tricky to use in subtle doses and very easily goes into not-so-nice distortion territory. But when it works, it works wonders! Probably going to purchase that one as well.. but still a bit unsure.
Goin OT here but Capitol comp is a sensitive soul, that one click on the input is worth 5 on the output. I usually feed it with mixes peaking around - 6dB and it will nicely chew those transients with no gr on the needles. The sat at 8 o'clock is nice, esp when you've got it taking of 1-2dB on the GR it will really boost the RMS. Only other comp I know for that heft is Pulsar Mu.

jeremycsf wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:02 am There's a UAD sale going on right now: any thoughts on the Manley Massive Passive? The API Vision channel strip?
I haven't used those two, but I did pick up both the Neve 1073 and 1084 channel strips during the sale and really like the EQ sections in both. The 1073 seems to have a bit more color, while the 1084 has the extra band.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I went for the Manley Massive Passive and it's honestly incredible, it produces some really rich, nuanced stereo width when you unlink the two bands... (Also grabbed the Avalon VT-737 for that smooth early 2000s RnB-style compression which I'll be exclusively using in weird ambient/experimental music lol).

Acustica EQ's are full of mojo. Grab the freebies!

Is it true that Acustica requires one to download and house gigabytes of files just for copy protection? They seem sketchy in this video, but I can't speak for the qualifications/reliability of Weaver Beats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQB3BWrMQs4
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Pulsar Modular, Sweet Spot EQ is good and Aliasing - Free.
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

El°HYM wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:40 am Aliasing - Free.
:?
aliasing plugin owner

I want my sweet EQ as clean as possible to sculpt those Aliasing sweet - spots. You can also just turn it off though and then there is minimal Aliasing. Not all EQs are like this.
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:13 am Is it true that Acustica requires one to download and house gigabytes of files just for copy protection? They seem sketchy in this video, but I can't speak for the qualifications/reliability of Weaver Beats:
Apparently their plugins where cracked and the people that did it removed a ton of copy protection files from the installers and made them a lot smaller
aliasing plugin owner

Pultec EQP-1A
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:13 am Is it true that Acustica requires one to download and house gigabytes of files just for copy protection? They seem sketchy in this video, but I can't speak for the qualifications/reliability of Weaver Beats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQB3BWrMQs4
it is true, they still have a lot of color and vibe

heyheycnv wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:46 am Lindell TE-100. Its great.
I have this and have NEVER used it - likely because of it's UI - not super intuitive. What do you like about it and how do you typically use it?

I’d take a look at TDR SlickEQ and anything by Analog Obsession, since they sound great and are free (optional Patreon sub for AO).
Always Read the Manual!

I like the Sonimus Burnley 73 and also their N-Console Emulation.

Return to “Effects”