Arturia V Collection 11. Prediction?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

V irus

I'm actually preferring the Augmented series coupled with Pigments over the emulated Collections. So I agree with making them separate also. Just for different reasons. The question becomes though which group and set of new synths like Minifreak fall into?

That is an interesting take. Are you into movie scores, cinematic material?
BBFG# wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:14 am I'm actually preferring the Augmented series coupled with Pigments over the emulated Collections. So I agree with making them separate also. Just for different reasons. The question becomes though which group and set of new synths like Minifreak fall into?

Scotty wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:50 am That is an interesting take. Are you into movie scores, cinematic material?
BBFG# wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:14 am I'm actually preferring the Augmented series coupled with Pigments over the emulated Collections. So I agree with making them separate also. Just for different reasons. The question becomes though which group and set of new synths like Minifreak fall into?
Doesn't matter. I just have enough synths that I prefer over the Arturia Collection and most sample libraries are dated. Augments offer a new approach and so the new combination of based off of, but not constrained to the past sounds is refreshing to me.

Pigments emulation

Arturia Polybrute
Alesis Andromeda A6
Ensoniq Fizmo

These would be killer add on's
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:51 pm Arturia Polybrute
Alesis Andromeda A6
Ensoniq Fizmo

These would be killer add on's
Is this a wish list more than a prediction? It's all good either way.

The Fizmo would be so cool. I was going to buy one of these (the hardware synth) as the company went under. The Polybrute is a good call. The Andromeda I don't have any strong feelings about, but I'm up to try it.

Maybe it's time to (re)introduce a drum machine?

For "refurbishment," I'd like to see a new Matrix 12. There's nothing "wrong" with V2, per se, but I feel like Arturia has been hitting the recent emulations so well that a new version of the Matrix 12 would be more than killer.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

A Matrix update would be great. Yes definitely a wish list, but also hoping they do it. They finally did the Minibrute V which is great, I love it.
I'd love to see the Polybrute V next, I had the hardware, but could never get the osc's tuned correctly without it drifting out of pitch. After two synths with the same issue, I finally sold it off. I have so many patches for it, though so a Vsti would be incredible.

The Fizmo would be incredible, they did a great job with the SQ80 V. The Andromeda has to be one of my favorite synths ever made, but it's out of reach now for a Mint one at a decent price.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Kinda surprised nobody's mentioned the Roland SH-101 yet. TAL and Softube already make great ones, but it seems like after the 303 it's a likely step. I could see them doing the JP-8000 too, even if it's not as "vintage" as the others (their own Minifreak being an exception).

edit: I also realized just now that this thread was made right after V Collection 9 was released :lol:

I feel Arturia kind of have slowed down the development of new-old recreations. I was quite surprised to see them creating a plugin from their own legacy hardware. Maybe remodelling their own hardware will be the focus further on. I like Arturias own synths a lot, but I would like it more if they would explore more old classics. The JP should be high on their list, I agree.
DUST for U-HE REPRO
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

My prediction is that the new synths won't be interesting to me (more Augmented) but what I'd hope for is a Fizmo and Mirage.

Arturia has shined brightest with the hybrid recreations IMO like the Prophet VS (and the purely digital - the DX7 and CZ-101 are great), beyond the Fizmo and Mirage I struggle to think of more to add. Maybe a S612 or S950 but there are good options for those already.

Ultraproteus. Not sure if anything will keep me on their treadmill cycle of nostalgia though. The last smaller ones definitely have made me far less interested. They're all good, but mostly not special enough to must have.

It would be cool to see some of the 90s VAs done such as the AN1x, JP8K, NordLead, Virus, etc.

Additionally:
JX8P/10
Microwave/XT
PPG Wave

miloszz wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:56 am Maybe a S612 or S950 but there are good options for those already.
If you take the Arturia Synclavier V, use the sampler engine, and run it at 24 bits instead of the default 8 bits. You get very clean sample playback with some artifacts as it has to stretch and pinch the samples for pitch

Then if you run the output through the RX950 plugin ($10 at P.B.) you get a sound very very similar to the early Akai Samplers. So close it's uncanny

The RX950 emulates the input A/D, filters, and output DAC of the Akai S950 when paired with the Synclavier at 24 bits it's loads of fun

IvyBirds wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:17 pm
If you take the Arturia Synclavier V, use the sampler engine, and run it at 24 bits instead of the default 8 bits. You get very clean sample playback with some artifacts as it has to stretch and pinch the samples for pitch

Then if you run the output through the RX950 plugin ($10 at P.B.) you get a sound very very similar to the early Akai Samplers. So close it's uncanny

The RX950 emulates the input A/D, filters, and output DAC of the Akai S950 when paired with the Synclavier at 24 bits it's loads of fun
Cool tip, however, this is a major buzz kill...
Re: RX950: "This software can only be installed and run via the Beatport Access portal and an internet connection is required at all times."
How about D16 Decimort?

Return to “Instruments”