Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kind of surprised that many are upgrading

hotmitts wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:14 pm Kind of surprised that many are upgrading
Well, Reasontalk has a lot of people who you might say are pretty extreme followers who are happy to support RS no matter what.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:20 pm
hotmitts wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:14 pm Kind of surprised that many are upgrading
Well, Reasontalk has a lot of people who you might say are pretty extreme followers who are happy to support RS no matter what.
you might say that....I couldn't possibly comment :D

SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:43 pm They may be happy with 30% at 200 quid a pop…
it's Reasontalk - these are mainly the die-hard Reasons fans....

Without knowing the breakdown of subscribers vs perpetual, it’s hard to say what sales numbers mean. If a good chunk of users are subscribers, then the upgrade only needs to convince them to stay subscribed. That’s a lower bar.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:13 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:43 pm They may be happy with 30% at 200 quid a pop…
Might be unhappy at the 70% who are in the no/unsure camp.
Yeah, I'm kind of thinking that a definite 30% isn't an amazing percentage given that Reason 12 came out about 3 years ago (all other contingencies being equal and, of course, they are not.) I'm not sure what the percentage of users of other DAWs, etc. is that upgrade as a matter of course (again all things being equal), but I'd guess the percentage is generally higher than that. And I not sure that 30% can be extrapolated into the user base at large for a number of reasons.

Pepin's comment about perpetual vs. subscribers is quite on point: does anyone know for sure if the subscribers were even included in the poll?
Last edited by dlandis on Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Actually, that's 54 people that would pay. I'm pretty sure you know that polls rarely translate into real life numbers, and I'm pretty sure you can point out more than a few case scenarios. I'm not sure sub 100 people can carry Reason Studios on their backs, and into the future with this subscription elephant in the room.

So, no demo?
What sound do dreams make when they die?

dlandis wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:09 pm
hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:13 pm
Might be unhappy at the 70% who are in the no/unsure camp.
Yeah, I'm kind of thinking that a definite 30% isn't an amazing percentage given that Reason 12 came out about 3 years ago (all other contingencies being equal and, of course, they are not.) I'm not sure what the percentage of users of other DAWs, etc. is that upgrade as a matter of course (again all things being equal), but I'd guess the percentage is generally higher than that. And I not sure that 30% can be extrapolated into the user base at large for a number of reasons.

Pepin's comment about perpetual vs. subscribers is quite on point: does anyone know for sure if the subscribers were even included in the poll?
I go on reasontalk and based on the comments I assume the poll has been completed by both perpetual and r+ subscribers. It looks like r+ subscribers are polling yes as they get it as part of the sub.

I think reason talk is probably only a small subset of Reason users though so it might give an idea of sales but don't know how accurate it would reflect total sales/users.

Resonant- Serpent wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:51 pm So, no demo?
I’m pretty sure you can still run Reason 13 in demo mode (standalone only, no saving):
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/updates

There is somethong seriously dodged when doing manual slicing and bounce rex loop
There will always be some portion of silence at the end
Steps to reproduce
Import loop , disable stretch and snap mode
Go into slice mode and delete all slices , the first and last slice can not be deleted
This is how a bounced rex loop file looks like with the default start and end slice , notice the silence after the last slice (in dr rex)
Let's add 3 more slices (red-green-blue ) , result is still silence after the last (unremovable) slice

No matter what I tried , the last slice that can not be deleted will always be appended by a portion of silence . I tried slip editing so that the last slice is not visible , same result
Is this fixed in R.13 ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

What are the consequences of that? Is there a difference between reaching the end of a sample vs playing some silence?

jens wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:24 pm
it's Reasontalk - these are mainly the die-hard Reasons fans....
The current poll over there asking if users will upgrade is:

Yes: 30%
No: 44%
Unsure: 26%

So seems the upgrade has not gone down well there either.

imrae wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:38 am What are the consequences of that? Is there a difference between reaching the end of a sample vs playing some silence?
When send to midi track ,the silence will be part of the the loop.
To get a perfect loop,we need to delete the last note ( silent portion ) and the stretch the clip so that all remaining notes perfectly fit in the loop section.
Eyeball exchanging

Found a method so solve the silence issue .
Make sure the clip loops perfectly over 1 or 2 bars by setting the bpm ( disable streth mode )
The silence was there to make the loop fit in 1 bar if it was longer (thus faster )
If you don't want to go through that hassle you can use the method described above by deleting the last note responsible for the silence and stretch the midi clip to compensate
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”