Are Hosa cables ok to use in my rack?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was going to expand my interface and add some patch bays and I'm at the buying a lot of cables part. I know Hosa get a bad rap for breaking easily but I'm wondering if they are competent enough to use in my rack where they will only be plugged in and out a few times ever. Thanks!

Yes, I’ve used them for decades and they work fine if you’re not constantly reconnecting them.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:26 pm Yes, I’ve used them for decades and they work fine if you’re not constantly reconnecting them.
Awesome thanks!

If you have lots of money and feel like making yourself feel special you can spend 1000$ on some diamond cable made with crystals and alagator skin from Venezuela and experience placebo effect with the sound

Just to expand a bit on my experience with them, I currently have well over a dozen hardware synths and drum machines in my studio and have owned dozens of other units over the past 20+ years. I have more Hosa audio and MIDI cables than any other brands, but also a mix of other brands (e.g., ProCo). I’ve never noticed any difference in sound transmission level or noise/hum between any of them (not to say there isn’t some difference if put to a scientific test, but it’s certainly not noticeable to me). I have had more of the Hosa cables short out on me than the other ones, but that’s also due in part because I own far more Hosa cables than any other brand and TBH I have not kept close enough track of the failures to know if the failure rate is actually higher with Hosa. I will add that I’ve got a pile of dead MIDI cables lying in the bottom of a cable bin in my closet and the vast majority of them are NOT Hosa MIDI cables.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

HREQ wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:14 am If you have lots of money and feel like making yourself feel special you can spend 1000$ on some diamond cable made with crystals and alagator skin from Venezuela and experience placebo effect with the sound
tbf, the alligator skin, does look cool!
not like plain black rubber :cry:

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:34 am
HREQ wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:14 am If you have lots of money and feel like making yourself feel special you can spend 1000$ on some diamond cable made with crystals and alagator skin from Venezuela and experience placebo effect with the sound
Personally I prefer black rubber on everything.

Zipede wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:20 am
vurt wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:34 am
Personally I prefer black rubber on everything.
especially my gimp!

:o

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”