[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v10.2.0

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And just to add: addressing the same folder of multisamples as WAVs (as selected source) does produce a result and conversion (e.g. to soundfont). It seems that the Disting EX format as source is the issue.

Sorry, one more thing. I do not have dexpreset files, but the file names do use the Disting EX naming conventions for round robin files. It seems that this naming convention isn't recognised when treating them as WAVs.

dogbrush wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:53 am Sorry, one more thing. I do not have dexpreset files, but the file names do use the Disting EX naming conventions for round robin files. It seems that this naming convention isn't recognised when treating them as WAVs.
Yes, that's how it works. If you have only WAV files simply use WAV as source.

moss wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:31 am Yes, that's how it works. If you have only WAV files simply use WAV as source.
Thanks for the clarification. Is there any chance you’ll implement the Disting EX RR convention in future?

Same question applies for different velocities sampled of the same note! Thanks.

dogbrush wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:41 am Same question applies for different velocities sampled of the same note! Thanks.
Noted.

Thank you! Converted all of my multi-samples that don't use RR or multiple velocity levels using the WAV source option and those are working great. Appreciate this project very much!

PS One more note: detailed explanation of the detection pattern in the PDF manual would be great.

dogbrush wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:40 am Thank you! Converted all of my multi-samples that don't use RR or multiple velocity levels using the WAV source option and those are working great. Appreciate this project very much!

PS One more note: detailed explanation of the detection pattern in the PDF manual would be great.
The very first video (when it was still called Multisample converter and was a Bitwig extension) explains the options in detail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxaA97uadIA

moss wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:58 am The very first video (when it was still called Multisample converter and was a Bitwig extension) explains the options in detail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxaA97uadIA
Ace, thanks again.

Hi !
As a MPC One owner I'm trying to convert several Spitefire LABS and other Pianobook vst to MPC keygroups via the Logic Pro Auto-sampler and EXS24 sampler to use them in standalone on the MPC.
Everything is working great with One shot samples but as soon as I try to convert samples that use looping with X-fade functionality in EXS24 it doesn't work properly (for example with endless strings or organ samples).
Can ConvertwithMoss convert the EXS24's Looping and X-Fade parameters to MPC Keygroups ?
BTW I use sometime Adobe Audition to convert stereo samples to mono samples in order to optimize my keygroups size. Can it be an issue ?

Does anybody have a solution or any advice ?

Thank you by advance for your feedbacks :-)

SoFarSoGood wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:25 am Hi !
As a MPC One owner I'm trying to convert several Spitefire LABS and other Pianobook vst to MPC keygroups via the Logic Pro Auto-sampler and EXS24 sampler to use them in standalone on the MPC.
Everything is working great with One shot samples but as soon as I try to convert samples that use looping with X-fade functionality in EXS24 it doesn't work properly (for example with endless strings or organ samples).
Can you point me to an EXS file with which you have this issue?
SoFarSoGood wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:25 am Can ConvertwithMoss convert the EXS24's Looping and X-Fade parameters to MPC Keygroups ?
BTW I use sometime Adobe Audition to convert stereo samples to mono samples in order to optimize my keygroups size. Can it be an issue ?
If you do this without updating the EXS, yes.

I just got a new Mac, and finally managed to get this to run. Great!

A bit of a bug though, involving converting the fine tuning of samples.
The software can convert the metadata tags from the SMPL chunk to the INST chunk, the only software I know that can do this! But when converting from SMPL MIDI Pitch Fraction to INST Fine Tune, things go a little wrong. It's perfect when the fine tuning is a positive number, but when it's a negative one, the INST chunk fine tuning number just becomes zero.
If I remember it right, MIDI Pitch Fraction numbers larger than 50 SHOULD become negative values, and playback should be the next semitone up.

Also, when converting from a Reason NNXT instrument, negative fine tune values just become +50 in the resulting INST chunk.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

MTorn wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:14 am I just got a new Mac, and finally managed to get this to run. Great!

A bit of a bug though, involving converting the fine tuning of samples.
The software can convert the metadata tags from the SMPL chunk to the INST chunk, the only software I know that can do this! But when converting from SMPL MIDI Pitch Fraction to INST Fine Tune, things go a little wrong. It's perfect when the fine tuning is a positive number, but when it's a negative one, the INST chunk fine tuning number just becomes zero.
If I remember it right, MIDI Pitch Fraction numbers larger than 50 SHOULD become negative values, and playback should be the next semitone up.
The specification for this field is pretty confusing and it is totally possible that my implementation has an issue (or possible as well the other creator software did something wrong).
Can you point me to an example?
MTorn wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:14 am Also, when converting from a Reason NNXT instrument, negative fine tune values just become +50 in the resulting INST chunk.
Same here. Examples is what I like :-)

moss wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:07 am Can you point me to an example?
I'd be happy to try to help. When you ask for an example, do you mean to send you a WAV file with a negative SMPL MIDI Pitch Fraction to replicate?

My main DAW is Reason, which uses the SMPL method. Samples exported from Reason will import properly into Bitwig and Ableton Live, with the exception that in Live, the samples will map one semitone off (compared to Reason and Bitwig).
I also use Logic, but that sampler only understands INST metadata, in which case I'd have to set root note and tuning from scratch (and I have tens of thousands of samples tuned by ear). Same with the Studio One samplers.

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, with SMPL any negative tuning value will show in the metadata as a number higher than 50, and playback happens one semitone down, so the tuning indeed will be negative.

Thank you for the reply !
How can I point you to one of my EXS file ?
I'm using Logic Pro 10.7.4, I did a few more tests yesterday and it seems to work better with the Penrose Machine algorythme in Auto-sampler for auto-loop but I still have some ADSR enveloppe issues that do not match the one I've got in EXS.
moss wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:17 pm
SoFarSoGood wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:25 am Hi !
Can you point me to an EXS file with which you have this issue?
SoFarSoGood wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:25 am Can ConvertwithMoss convert the EXS24's Looping and X-Fade parameters to MPC Keygroups ?
If you do this without updating the EXS, yes.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”