best tuning vet plugin to tune from 440hz?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't believe in this frequency magic nonsense.

I use concert pitch A 440 Hz for all of my music. I retune all the drums to A as well. Some things, like transients, have an indefinite pitch or too much noise in the waveform so I interpolate them all to square waves at 440 Hz as well. I use Entonal Studio for this for the most part, as it easily integrates with MTS-ESP microtonal standard. My only complaint is that using such software you can morph live between two temperaments, and only 440 Hz should be used.

DCI= Drum Corps International
Generally drumline and brass with a pit sectional of mallet percussion , but now also includes workstation and synthesizer keyboards (which are standard at 440 as well. But the tuned mallet instruments come from the factories at 442. I know there are some symphonies tuning at 438 as well and some historical purists will demand 432 as being the "originsl intent" of some pieces.
Along those lines, I dealt with a singer/musician demanding a lower standard after pointing out he was always flat and needed auto-tune. After tuning everything to his desired standard, he still didn't want to admit that he was still flat. Only proving the point that tuning is first and foremost, relative to the whole. And secondarily in psychoacoustics, a range that in some circumstances, has been noted to cause a psychological affect.

BBFG# wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:37 am DCI= Drum Corps International
i see - thanks for the clarification
now i can stop looking through police tv series with a "DCI Circles" :D

btw,
just for reference (and for the records):

a Hz tuningchart can be found here:
https://mixbutton.com/mixing-articles/m ... ncy-chart/

an imho good and free tuner is the melda mTuner
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTuner

it also displays the Hz -> that makes it easy to finetune to the magik frequencies

use vital with a sine or similar wave
it lets perfectly finetune to the desired frquency in cents
https://vital.audio/

back in the days (70s/80s) those magik frequencies were distibuted via cassettes
sometimes copies of copies of copies
wasn't that stable and quite vibrato-ish :D

maybe those ideas are coming from the myth of the organ brown tone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_note

well...

Get pure data and make all the sine waves you want at any frequency you desire. Or any other synth. Moving your reference pitch up almost an octave seems a bit ludicrous (as does all the other insane shit in the first post). I'd think you'd want to change your reference to an octave under your magic frequency (should be doable in most synths) and go from there. If you really want to play with interesting frequency relationships outside of equal tempered 12 tone music I'd recommend getting the free u-He plugins and Oddsound MTS ESP. Have fun making everyone in the universe spontaneously explode into a cloud of orgiastic bliss with your frequencies.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

itstheproducer wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:47 pm I am trying to make music in these frequencies

528 Hz - The Frequency of Transformation and Miracles

Looking for a little magic in your life? The 528 Hz frequency is said to bring forth transformation and miracles. This frequency is believed to repair DNA, promote love and harmony, and even restore balance to the environment. So put on your magical thinking cap and let this frequency work its wonders.

639 Hz - The Frequency of Connecting and Relationships

We all crave connection and meaningful relationships. The 639 Hz frequency can help foster those connections by promoting harmony, understanding, and forgiveness. So if you're looking to mend a broken relationship or deepen existing bonds, this frequency might just be the key.

741 Hz - The Frequency of Awakening Intuition

Nurturing our intuition is vital for making wise decisions and navigating life's twists and turns. The 741 Hz frequency is believed to awaken and expand our intuition, allowing us to tap into our inner wisdom and make choices aligned with our highest good. So the next time you need a little guidance, turn to this frequency and trust your instincts.

852 Hz - The Frequency of Returning to Spiritual Order

In a world filled with chaos and distractions, finding spiritual alignment can be challenging. Enter the 852 Hz frequency. This frequency is said to restore spiritual balance and help us reconnect with our inner selves. So take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, tune in to this frequency, and rediscover your spiritual path.

963 Hz - The Frequency of Divine Consciousness

Are you ready to tap into your highest potential and embrace your divine nature? The 963 Hz frequency can help you do just that. This frequency is believed to connect us with the frequency of the cosmos, awakening our spiritual awareness and allowing us to experience a deeper sense of oneness and enlightenment.
Just listen to noise. It’s got all the frequencies! It’s like super magical frequency soup.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

runagate wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:20 am I don't believe in this frequency magic nonsense.

I use concert pitch A 440 Hz for all of my music. I retune all the drums to A as well. Some things, like transients, have an indefinite pitch or too much noise in the waveform so I interpolate them all to square waves at 440 Hz as well. I use Entonal Studio for this for the most part, as it easily integrates with MTS-ESP microtonal standard. My only complaint is that using such software you can morph live between two temperaments, and only 440 Hz should be used.
I always have to laugh when I see posts that describe a magical frequency, and coincidentally, they always correspond to a whole number! :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Thanks muki
You all making beats I'm the wrong frequency

Anybody else have anymore you can post
Last edited by itstheproducer on Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

440hz is scientifically proven to cause anxiety and irregular heartbeat

Just slap a pitch shifter on your master out.

Generally drumline and brass with a pit sectional of mallet percussion , but now also includes workstation and synthesizer keyboards (which are standard at 440 as well. But the tuned mallet instruments come from the factories at 442.
Mallet percussion has some inharmonics anyway. My first guess was, it's kind of like stretch tuning a piano, if you throw off the fundamental a little then other, more important harmonics that cut through are going to align better.

But a quick Google search mentions:
- heat causes metal to expand and instruments to go flatter, so some tune to 442 knowing it's going to be closer to 440
- 442 rather than 440 is apparently a European/Japanese standard?

In conclusion: :shrug:

itstheproducer wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:08 pmI'm the wrong frequency
kenneth?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

If these ancient magic healing tones were discovered prior to 1956, when we last redefined the length of a second, they'd need to be updated to be compatible with today's wetware.

foosnark wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:32 pm
Generally drumline and brass with a pit sectional of mallet percussion , but now also includes workstation and synthesizer keyboards (which are standard at 440 as well. But the tuned mallet instruments come from the factories at 442.
Mallet percussion has some inharmonics anyway. My first guess was, it's kind of like stretch tuning a piano, if you throw off the fundamental a little then other, more important harmonics that cut through are going to align better.

But a quick Google search mentions:
- heat causes metal to expand and instruments to go flatter, so some tune to 442 knowing it's going to be closer to 440
- 442 rather than 440 is apparently a European/Japanese standard?

In conclusion: :shrug:
Very possible, although not all mallet percussion is metal. The factories tell me that xylophone and glockenspiel are specifically tuned to the third harmonic to differentiate then from marimba, vibraphone and bells.
I also wonder if how sound travels in the open field and if that has anything to with the "final pitch" reaching the human ear. Back to the psycho-acoustics in another consideration.

Another thing I learned in old school drum corps was that judges could not "tick" you for a wrong note but they absolutely would for a flubbed rhythm.
I don't think they grade that really much anymore though. It's more about "General Effect" now. Which is about the audience response.

We were taught back in the K-12 schools that European was 438, Japanese was 442 and American was 440. Again, I personally feel its importance is only as relative to the musicians you're playing with. The rest is about a theory of how the audience responds to it. But that assumes they would even know the difference.

runagate wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:20 am I don't believe in this frequency magic nonsense.

do you also write exclusively using decuplets in 4/40 time signature?

Return to “Effects”