Why no one is talking about Waves StudioVerse ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

Please eleborate

the key benefits of the plugins are :
- they are free !!""
paramita123 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:23 am My summary :

StudioVerse is replacing StudioRack and has 2 plugins, one for FX, one for instruments.
Whilst some people may like or hate the online presets part, the key benefits of the plugins are :
- they are free !!
- the audio FX gives you multiband for all your VST3
- it makes saving complex FX chains easy, with functionality that the DAW may not have
- macro functions for easy tweaking, if you use chains often this can be a real time saver
- the instrument plugin allows for instruments + FX, so you can build and recall your super-instruments easily, I find this amazing! For example some synths lack good FX, you can using StudioVerse make your killer patches with multiband and parallel and have deeply customised sounds.

I may not use them all the time, but I have already created super patches with them that I will happily recall.

One point of improvement would be if the list of VST3 plugins appeared as sorted in the DAW, as opposed to listed by manufacturers ... I forget brands, my plugins are sorted by category.
But small gripe for an awesome plugin set, which is free. Totally recommended.

Post

topaz wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:12 am Please eleborate

the key benefits of the plugins are :
- they are free !!""
I'll elaborate : when plugins are even just slightly useful and they are free, then it is great.
Here those plugins from Waves do offer fantastic functionality.
I know there are many people who wish to use some plugins in multiband processing, this can be done here and so much more.

Some free plugins are indeed a waste of time. I try way too many, few minutes play then out.

But here Waves deserve praise. This is an interesting and useful offer and I cannot think of another free alternative. This can be used very creatively and is well designed.
So maybe Waves deserve some redemption after the subscription fiasco last year. They do have great plugins.
Anyway, I liked it a lot, will be using StudioVerse now and then.

Post

I have Mercury and Console bundle for years. The last time I paid for WUP was to have Apple Silicon compatibility. There are a lot of useful plugins. Will not renew WUP for V15 but genuinely do not know the reason for the hate. You can use it without WUP as long as your system stays compatible.

Post

I am surprised about people trying to bash Waves because of their subscription attempt. They reacted to the bad feedback of their customers, didn't they?!
Waves has the best customer service and is my number 1 dev for many years.
Lots of plugins there's no alternative for me.
StudioVerse is not for me, though.

Post

What did you mean by the plugins are free ?
paramita123 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:10 am
topaz wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:12 am Please eleborate

the key benefits of the plugins are :
- they are free !!""
I'll elaborate : when plugins are even just slightly useful and they are free, then it is great.
Here those plugins from Waves do offer fantastic functionality.
I know there are many people who wish to use some plugins in multiband processing, this can be done here and so much more.

Some free plugins are indeed a waste of time. I try way too many, few minutes play then out.

But here Waves deserve praise. This is an interesting and useful offer and I cannot think of another free alternative. This can be used very creatively and is well designed.
So maybe Waves deserve some redemption after the subscription fiasco last year. They do have great plugins.
Anyway, I liked it a lot, will be using StudioVerse now and then.

Post

For a clear explanation see emasters explanation in this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=611872#top

Post

paramita123 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:23 am My summary :

StudioVerse is replacing StudioRack and has 2 plugins, one for FX, one for instruments.
Whilst some people may like or hate the online presets part, the key benefits of the plugins are :
- they are free !!
The StudioVerse plugins (I believe it comes in two versions) are indeed free. But since its basically a 'chainer/wrapper' around other plugins, and requires them to do any processing, it seems like you need to have a license for any plugins (plural) that a preset uses in order to use that preset.

I dont see any indication that those plugins (plural) are somehow free when you use them via SV. For Waves plugins, you either need a Waves subscription, or ownership of the required plugins. You can use non-Waves plugins it seems, but obviously you need a license for any which were not already free.

From the StudioVerse FAQ at https://www.waves.com/support/studiover ... -questions
Can I use StudioVerse even if I am not subscribed to Waves Creative Access?

Yes, you can use StudioVerse without a Waves Creative Access subscription.

If you own some Waves plugins, you can use any StudioVerse chain that consists of those plugins.

You can also install all Waves in plugins in demo mode via Waves Central. Plugins running in demo mode are functional but will introduce periodic audio mutes.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Post

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:26 am
The StudioVerse plugins (I believe it comes in two versions) are indeed free. But since its basically a 'chainer/wrapper' around other plugins, and requires them to do any processing, it seems like you need to have a license for any plugins (plural) that a preset uses in order to use that preset.
It is a bit obvious ... StudioVerse obviously only allows you to chain what you already own !
This is not the point.
And on top of that you can download the free Kiloverse plugin pack and effectively have a wicked multiband parallel engine as in their paying snap.
For the instrument parts you could load a bunch of free U-HE synths and aforementioned FX and have a fantastic supersynth.
And no update plan issue so I don't know where anyone could have reluctance, honestly once I tried it on some of my gear I really liked how it can lead to making ultrapatches of stuff. Good fun!

Post

paramita123 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:36 am It is a bit obvious ...
if it was, i would imagine you wouldn't have been asked to elaborate. now its completely disambiguated.

and btw, just so you know, there are free alternatives, like Kushview, and IL's Minihost Modular, plus lots of commercial ones from Bidule to Metahost.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Post

Can someone clarify how we are to install the studio verse plugins if we don't have a subscription? Do we have to install all of the waves plugins in demo mode? I don't see a separate installer using the latest Waves Central App. Any guidance is appreciated.
Last edited by Scotty on Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post

Scotty wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:14 am Can someone clarify how we are to install the studio verse plugins if we don't have a subscription? Do we have to install all of the waves plugins in demo mode? I don't see a separate installed using the latest Waves Central App. Any guidance is appreciated.
I think emaster already explained, in the post topaz referred to three or four posts up.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Post

Indeed he did... thanks emasters... I have quoted you below.

emasters wrote:

In Waves Central, select the "Install Products" section on the upper left. Then select the "All Products" tab. Scroll down and you can individually install StudioVerse Audio Effects and/or StudioVerse Instruments. Reboot and rescan. When it asks to login via the web, do so. Ignore any error messages after logging in. I don't subscribe to Creative Access (perpetual licenses instead). This approach worked fine here. Alas, not very intuitive in terms of the steps to follow. But you can avoid the Demo version and all the associated plugins that would otherwise get installed with the demo.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:17 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:14 am Can someone clarify how we are to install the studio verse plugins if we don't have a subscription? Do we have to install all of the waves plugins in demo mode? I don't see a separate installed using the latest Waves Central App. Any guidance is appreciated.
I think emaster already explained, in the post topaz referred to three or four posts up.

Post

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:45 am
and btw, just so you know, there are free alternatives, like Kushview, and IL's Minihost Modular, plus lots of commercial ones from Bidule to Metahost.
Thank you for sharing those alternatives ! Very interesting, Kushview Element looks pretty powerful.
I guess some people will like the flexibility of patching, other people might prefer the simpler UX with StudioVerse.
All cool free stuff :clap: :party:

Post

I hate these plugins.
Basically you move from "complexity to learn how to do yourself" to "complexity to learn how the plugin works and manage to make it sounds good".
Generally option 2 is not simpler than option 1.

Post

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like being able to turn any plugin you have into a multiband one is pretty useful, no? I have loads of plugins I'd love to do that with.

All the ads and AI and cloud stuff gives me pause, but if you can hide all that stuff, this seems like a pretty cool thing.

Return to “Effects”