SWAY - a synth modeled after the Yamaha SY77

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

frag wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:04 am
Are only m***** coming here now?
Since you're properly attached to reality, why don't you invest in Ryzen 11 with DDR6 so you can run VST4 cloned synth. Oh and don't forget TPM and 1:1 snapshot of your system in the cloud!!!
hold your horses fraggie
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

So I tell this guy who owns a bunch of analog synths... it's time to move on! Audio cables now use completely different jacks, completely different wires. And there will be inspections in your homes - that's one month jail if try to plugin your MiniMoog with old cables. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well boys now you know why these old synths still go for thousands. You get the machine, you get audio output and that's it. If you actually know how to play the instrument, you don't even need MIDI. That wouldn't be a problem - I mean you're all very skilled m******* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no obvious benefit for user with VST3. Companies break compatibility in order to re-sell same software in different format, and force you to buy new hardware. Simple as that. Now if you want to use, for example, Vector Sector and SWAY in the same track IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. Maybe there's a way to sync two DAWs on different systems but it gets ridiculously complicated.

And guess what, someone probably made VST2 to VST3 wrapper but can't release it publicly due to legal issues. It's a very simple tool. In fact, I'm sure guys from Steinberg possess and use such wrappers. They laugh at you m******* :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and there IS a way to run your old system on new machine. Little bit of PCI passthrough, little bit of Hyper-v/QEMU and that's it! But you don't need this, you're successful, greatest ever m******** :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why don’t you then spam the steinberg forum instead of here ?
Sway will be vst3 , get over it ( or not )
Eyeball exchanging

SLiC wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:02 am
jbraner wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:23 am
Are only m***** coming here now?
Musicians?
:lol: m***** had me stumped as well!

If someone doesn't make me a 32bit VST 2 that run son Windows 7 I am going to sue the world for moving on....
...these TikTok kids and their f**king censorship, man...

I don't think the TikTok generation even knows the difference between 32-64 bit os.
it's either On or OFF line :lol:
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:00 am I don't think the TikTok generation even knows the difference between 32-64 bit os.
it's either On or OFF line :lol:
They've also probably never seen a music video longer than 3 min. as that's all Tik-Tok allows....and that's if you upload your own. If you "create" one ON Tik-Tok the time limit is 60 seconds.....roughly the same as the kiddies' attention spans.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

https://youtu.be/MZhYKk4MO6U

I've made a ton of progress recently, so I thought I'd make a little demo to test out the new stuff I've implemented.

All the sounds are coming from Sway, including the drums with the "gate reverb" effect. I've got most of the effects working now so there is not a lot of external processing going on here. Just some EQ, compression and a bit of reverb on 2 or 3 tracks.
https://sheafmusic.com/remoter - Stream from your DAW to your phone

I think it sounds fantastic! :clap:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Soudns great!

enthousiastic and promising work

:tu: :tu: :tu:

Splendid work :tu:
Would it be possible to showcase an FM only appetiser ?
Eyeball exchanging

One of the rare demos I enjoyed listening from the beginning to the end.

sheaf wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:13 pm https://youtu.be/MZhYKk4MO6U
Wow! Almost can't wait to buy the first official SWAY version. :love:

Not particularly important: But your demo meets my taste in music exactly. :tu: :phones:

sheaf wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:13 pm https://youtu.be/MZhYKk4MO6U
:love: :love: :love: so good! It will work as an Editor/Librarian for my TG77 to? Just preparing to mount a new LCD and to change the battery ;-P

lalo wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:06 amIt will work as an Editor/Librarian for my TG77 to?
At least at some point (page 4) in this thread developer sheaf has mentioned: "It will. ..." :wink:
sheaf wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:43 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:45 am Double points if it will also function as an editor for the hardware
It will. That's how I compare the plugin to the hardware during development, by syncing the patch that's being edited in the UI.

Return to “Instruments”