[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v10.2.0

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moss wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:07 pm ConvertWithMoss 10.2 is out!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Kontakt 1-4, MPC Keygroups, Soundfont 2, TAL Sampler, TX16Wx
    • New: Added support for amplitude and filter velocity modulation.
  • Kontakt - Writing
    • New: Improved pitch envelope.
  • Kontakt 4.2-7 - Reading
    • Fixed: Group volume, panorama and key-tracking was not applied.
  • EXS, SXT, TX16Wx - Reading
    • New: Speed up finding samples.
    • Fixed: If levels to search upwards was set to 0, it did not search downwards.
  • WAV
    • Fixed: Reading/writing the pitch fraction field of the sample chunk was not always correct.
Enjoy!
This is great, thank you.

Can you give some details around the TAL-Sampler conversion? I cant seem to get it to work. I'm selecting the folder with the SF2 file in it, then select the output folder, but the analysis/conversion just says the path to the SF2 folder and "Finished."

Thanks!

commodore wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:07 pm
moss wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:07 pm ConvertWithMoss 10.2 is out!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Kontakt 1-4, MPC Keygroups, Soundfont 2, TAL Sampler, TX16Wx
    • New: Added support for amplitude and filter velocity modulation.
  • Kontakt - Writing
    • New: Improved pitch envelope.
  • Kontakt 4.2-7 - Reading
    • Fixed: Group volume, panorama and key-tracking was not applied.
  • EXS, SXT, TX16Wx - Reading
    • New: Speed up finding samples.
    • Fixed: If levels to search upwards was set to 0, it did not search downwards.
  • WAV
    • Fixed: Reading/writing the pitch fraction field of the sample chunk was not always correct.
Enjoy!
This is great, thank you.

Can you give some details around the TAL-Sampler conversion? I cant seem to get it to work. I'm selecting the folder with the SF2 file in it, then select the output folder, but the analysis/conversion just says the path to the SF2 folder and "Finished."

Thanks!
Make sure that you did select "Soundfont 2" on the left.

analogueghost wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:59 pm Is anyone else having trouble opening the .dmg version? I'm on macOS 14.5 (Sonoma) and very time I try to open the file to install, I get an error saying that the file can't be opened.
See the Macos installation notes in the manual.

Here on macOS Ventura I've done everything described in the manual to get application running. Do I have to make sure Java Runtime is installed?

Etienne1973 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:09 am Here on macOS Ventura I've done everything described in the manual to get application running. Do I have to make sure Java Runtime is installed?
No, everything is included. Did you check the specific Macos notes in the manual? What error(s) do you get or what does happen?

moss wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:40 am
Etienne1973 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:09 am Here on macOS Ventura I've done everything described in the manual to get application running. Do I have to make sure Java Runtime is installed?
No, everything is included. Did you check the specific Macos notes in the manual? What error(s) do you get or what does happen?
Yes. I've checked and did everything macOS specific in the manual described. Note about Ventura included.

App icon looks like this ...

and I get the following error ...

... then I click 'OK' and that's it. Nothing further happens.

Etienne1973 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:56 am
moss wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:40 am
Yes. I've checked and did everything macOS specific in the manual described. Note about Ventura included.

App icon looks like this ...

and I get the following error ...

... then I click 'OK' and that's it. Nothing further happens.
Is this Intel or ARM?

Oops! Sorry. Mac mini Intel late 2012. At the moment I'm running from a patched system SSD because officially this machine doesn't support macOS Ventura. Only up to macOS Catalina. I can check if your app would run on my Catalina system (non-patched), should I?

Etienne1973 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:21 pm Oops! Sorry. Mac mini Intel late 2012. At the moment I'm running from a patched system SSD because officially this machine doesn't support macOS Ventura. Only up to macOS Catalina. I can check if your app would run on my Catalina system (non-patched), should I?
Up to my knowledge you need Macos 11 or later. So, might be that your hacked system does not work.

moss wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:29 pm
Etienne1973 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:21 pm Oops! Sorry. Mac mini Intel late 2012. At the moment I'm running from a patched system SSD because officially this machine doesn't support macOS Ventura. Only up to macOS Catalina. I can check if your app would run on my Catalina system (non-patched), should I?
Up to my knowledge you need Macos 11 or later. So, might be that your hacked system does not work.
Ok. Thank you for your time and effort. I will check back your app on my new (near future) Mac ARM computer. Thanks again. :)

hello moss any chance to add Geist 2 to mpc ? :tu: i bet everyone would love it.

David Tee wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:25 pm hello moss any chance to add Geist 2 to mpc ? :tu: i bet everyone would love it.
Huge thumbs up on that one. Geist samples are already unprotected .wav and .rx2 files so it would just be a matter of converting the .geistkit presets. I'd be happy to provide a kit to use.

Here's what the mapping of a single pad looks like:

<Pad name="Pad0" version="2" PadMode="Velocity split">
<Layer name="Layer0" version="3300" AmpEnvHold="0.3976368606090546" AudioFileName="../../Hits/Kicks/BD Kick 05.wav" EnvTracksPitch="true" FreeEnvHold="0.3976368606090546">
<AudioFileMarkers name="StartEndMarkers" version="2" EndSample="66151" SampleLength="66151" StartSample="0" />
<AudioFileMarkers name="LoopMarkers" version="2" EndSample="66151" SampleLength="66151" StartSample="0" />
<LayerVelocitySplit name="VelocitySplit" version="2" HighTurn="112" Highest="112" LowPoint="0" LowTurn="0" />
<FixedString name="LayerName" string="BD Kick 05" />
</Layer>
<Layer name="Layer1" version="3300" AmpEnvHold="0.5221739411354065" AudioFileName="../../Hits/Kicks/BD Kick 06.wav" EnvTracksPitch="true" FreeEnvHold="0.5221739411354065" Gain="0.7013092041015625" LayerGain="0.7013092041015625">
<AudioFileMarkers name="StartEndMarkers" version="2" EndSample="196721" SampleLength="196721" StartSample="0" />
<AudioFileMarkers name="LoopMarkers" version="2" EndSample="196721" SampleLength="196721" StartSample="0" />
<LayerVelocitySplit name="VelocitySplit" version="2" HighTurn="127" Highest="127" LowPoint="113" LowTurn="113" />
<FixedString name="LayerName" string="BD Kick 06" />
</Layer>
<FixedString name="PadName" string="Kick" />
</Pad>

David Tee wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:25 pm hello moss any chance to add Geist 2 to mpc ? :tu: i bet everyone would love it.
I have no plans for this but had a quick look. Since these are mainly (only?) drums why not simply use the WAV source in ConvertWithMoss?

moss wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:36 am
DanBailiff wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:51 pm I'm trying to setup some drum samples on the same note with multiple velocities with wav files. I'm having a hard time understanding the pattern matching for this without seeing some examples.

Detection pattern: _ms*_,S_*_

What does that match to?
The default pattern matches two different things (separated by the comma).

_ms*_
S_*_

The pattern matcher simply looks for this substring where the "*" is the velocity layer number.

E.g. "S_000_028_e0_L.wav" is matched by the 2nd.
DanBailiff wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:51 pm For example, my current naming scheme is "Kick01 SomeName C1 v1.wav", where "v1" is the velocity value. I can change my naming convention or the pattern matching, but I have no idea how to do that. Currently, I get an error where it complains about combining multiple mono splits into stereo, which is not what I want.
" v*" (without the quotes) should work in your case but I am not fully sure about the space. If you want to append it, it would be: "_ms*_,S_*_, v*" (again without the quotes).

If you cannot make it work, please send me some example files.
Hi I'm trying Convert with Moss for the first time and having the exact same issues as above. I did a test sample with Sample Robot. Stereo Wav files at four velocity levels and this is the naming scheme that Sample Robot automatically used:

Test - Velocity 31 - 027 - d#0.wav

What do I need to change in order to convert these Wav files into an Akai keygroup for my MPC Live?

Thanks

TheKindCity wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:17 pm
moss wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:36 am
DanBailiff wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:51 pm I'm trying to setup some drum samples on the same note with multiple velocities with wav files. I'm having a hard time understanding the pattern matching for this without seeing some examples.

Detection pattern: _ms*_,S_*_

What does that match to?
The default pattern matches two different things (separated by the comma).

_ms*_
S_*_

The pattern matcher simply looks for this substring where the "*" is the velocity layer number.

E.g. "S_000_028_e0_L.wav" is matched by the 2nd.
DanBailiff wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:51 pm For example, my current naming scheme is "Kick01 SomeName C1 v1.wav", where "v1" is the velocity value. I can change my naming convention or the pattern matching, but I have no idea how to do that. Currently, I get an error where it complains about combining multiple mono splits into stereo, which is not what I want.
" v*" (without the quotes) should work in your case but I am not fully sure about the space. If you want to append it, it would be: "_ms*_,S_*_, v*" (again without the quotes).

If you cannot make it work, please send me some example files.
Hi I'm trying Convert with Moss for the first time and having the exact same issues as above. I did a test sample with Sample Robot. Stereo Wav files at four velocity levels and this is the naming scheme that Sample Robot automatically used:

Test - Velocity 31 - 027 - d#0.wav

What do I need to change in order to convert these Wav files into an Akai keygroup for my MPC Live?

Thanks
The correct pattern is "Velocity * -" (without the quotes). But I just tested it and the issue is that these parts are removed from the file names which creates duplicated names, so you end up with only the samples from one layer. Will see how I can fix this.

However, if you use SampleRobot, the easiest thing to do is to export to any format that is understood by ConvertWithMoss as an input. E.g. SFZ, SF2 or SXT. If you did not keep the SampleRobot projects, you can still import the samples again into SampleRobot.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”