ADSR Sample Manager - "Find the perfect sound in an instant!"

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADSR Sample Manager

Any update on a new release of ADSR Sample Manager? I would really like to use it but the bug reported by TR4 prevents me from doing so.

courtjestr wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:25 am Any update on a new release of ADSR Sample Manager? I would really like to use it but the bug reported by TR4 prevents me from doing so.
Also interested in this. Thousands of samples are waiting to be organised! :(

Some form of GUI theme/skin support would be nice. The current color scheme is a bit jarring in my opinion.

Great work on the app, it’s a gem!

+1 on a volume control
+1 on delete files

Can you add a “Locate in Library” option to the file context menu. I know you can open in explorer, but I’d like to stay in the tool.

I confirm the bug in 1.5.2 mac version!
TR4 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:49 pm I seem to be having a possible bug? Has anyone else experienced this with 1.5.1?
When adding a new sample sub-folder to an existing scanned folder, the files are added to the database but the parent-folder in the ADSR Sample Manager is grayed out.
The samples remain searchable but it cannot actually locate the folder. Right clicking the affected searched samples and choosing "Show in folder" will crash the Sample Manager.
To reproduce:
  • Initially scan a folder and its sub-folders e.g.
    E:\Samples\Cool FX Series\
    + \Cool FX Vol.1
    + \Cool FX Vol.2
  • Close ADSR so it writes and saves its database.
  • Add a new sub-folder e.g.
    E:\Samples\Cool FX Series\Cool FX Vol.3
  • Open ADSR and re-scan the changes.
  • The samples will remain searchable, but the parent-folder "Cool FX Series" will be grayed out in the tree list and cannot be selected for browsing.
-
The only solution I've found to this is opening the adsr.db3 database (e.g. DB Browser for SQLite) and deleting the folder entries that reference the "\Cool FX Series\" folder.
After saving the changes, on next open ADSR will prompt to rescan the entire folder from root and the parent/child references seem to get fixed and all is well. You folder will now appear at the bottom of the list in the tree view.
But if you add another sub-folder, it will gray out again and you'll need to manually edit the database again :\

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

I really wanted to love this app, but I am getting consistent crashes on my mac editing multiple tags (in both 1.5.1 and 1.5.2).

Uninstalled for the time being and will check back if they can fix the issues.

did you send crash reports to support@adsrsounds.com ?

resistent wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:51 pm This is becoming abandoned-ware or?
The last update was a month ago.

loopus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:08 pm I confirm the bug in 1.5.2 mac version!
I'll double check this but we've fixed a few issues related to folders recently, most made it into 1.5.2.

I know another one was fixed this week, not sure of release schedule though.

if you do confirm bugs please send all the info to support@adsrsounds, we do look at all the reports.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

marvotron wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:59 am
resistent wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:51 pm This is becoming abandoned-ware or?
The last update was a month ago.
A month ago? How are we supposed to get notifications of a new version? It is tedious to keep checkimg the website and comparing the current version with the installed version. I asked about an update at the end of April with nary a response.

When you open the plugin it notifies you if there is a new version with a green bell icon on the left.

There's also posts on the ADSR facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/ADSRSounds

and the Sample Manager group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/281540719184087

I post here to help out when I can.

Thanks. I never notices a green bell icon on the left. This was the thread I kept checking to see if there were updates. Do you know if the bug reported by TR4 has been fixed? I update to the latest version but still had folders that were greyed out even though there were samples in the folders.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”