What’s the oldest VSTi you still use today ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

would also be vazmod but i lost my installers n shit :cry:

You can still download it from it's website I think, but the problem for me is my antivirus (McAfee) complains and delete the installer!

I should try install it in Linux under wine and see how it goes.

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:42 pm You can still download it from it's website I think, but the problem for me is my antivirus (McAfee) complains and delete the installer!

my password is gone too, lost everything on an old pc death and it was attached to an email i no longer have access too :(

Oh I see :( it's really a fantastic synth and still sounds great but the interface is very old and browsing the presets is annoying. Anyway, nothing you can't get in Reaktor for example.

yeah i have reaktor too but vaz was my first soft synth purchase so a bit of nostalgia attached maybe :oops:

not to worry, plenty of new stuff instead :band:

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:42 pm You can still download it from it's website I think, but the problem for me is my antivirus (McAfee) complains and delete the installer!

That sounds utterly intrusive. Windows' AV warns me in such cases, but lets me install it anyway, if I am sure it is safe.

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I still use SQ8L alot.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Thanks to this thread, i gave V-Station a shot again, after quite a while of not using it. Wow... let's just say, unlike fine wine, it doesn't quite age so well. :hihi: Or... i've just grown more acquainted with more modern plugins.

mda JX10

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:17 pm McAfee too (and all the antiviruses, of course).

Warn about or block unknown URLs and file downloads - McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.0 - Web Control - Windows

:hihi:
Thanks. I'll install it and see how it runs under Bitwig :)

:o

People complaining about small interfaces but this one doesn't even fit on my 2014 laptop screen :scared: . Rainbow synth from year 2000.

Also this is super old, from before VST days (but got ported to VST):

I just bought myself jBridge, to be able to run Terratec Komplexer in Studio One... it's the one old, 32-bit plugin which is just too good to have it catch virtual dust.

cyrb wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:35 am Image

People complaining about small interfaces but this one doesn't even fit on my 2014 laptop screen :scared: . Rainbow synth from year 2000.

Also this is super old, from before VST days (but got ported to VST):

I have rainbow in my vst folder aswell :)

Also is it possible to get Retro AS-1 somewhere?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”