Speedrum updated to v1.5.3

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sorry for the dumb question, as i haven't really used the slicer before, but can you spread all slices across the pads automatically, or do you have to drag each slide individually on each pad?
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

From the manual:
"...Ctrl/Command + drag will take selected slice plus all the slices to the right of the selected, so for example, to drag all slices at once, hold Ctrl/Command while start dragging the first slice.
When dropping on pads, “Drag&drop on Pad Defaul” from preferences is respected, which can be temporarily switched with holding Alt/Option key."

it worked, thanks!
haven tried reading the manual (didn't even know there is one 😂), but i've tried using command drag, option drag, ctrl drag, shift drag and some combinations like option+cmd drag, but not this one, as it isn't really that common on Mac i think.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

apisonic wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:55 pm
swindus wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:58 am Thanks for the update and the nice addition to import Geist presets. Unfortunately this works only for Geist2 presets. Would it be possible to extend this to import Geist1 presets too?
Unfortunately, I don't have Geist1... I don't even have a single Geist1 drum kit to analyze.
If you can provide a drum kit (no samples needed, just a drum kit file), I can try it.
Thanks. I have sent the content of a Geist DrumKit File via your support mail form on your website.

swindus wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:12 am Thanks. I have sent the content of a Geist DrumKit File via your support mail form on your website.
Everything looks messed up! I replied to that message, so can you pack it in a zip and return it like that?

Yes, no problem. Thanks!

Suggestion:
Regarding Drag&drop slices across the pads automatically.
I struggled with this one a bit because “Drag&drop on Pad Default” from preferences was set to "replace layer", which layered all the slices on one pad. Shouldn't this be the other way around?
To Drag&drop slices across the pads automatically, “Drag&drop on Pad Default” from preferences should be set to "Replace first layer"

:oops: Never mind . I RTFM :dog: :smack:

I've just upgraded to from 1.31 to 1.41 and have an issue with existing speedrum kits i.e ones saved before upgrading and also the speedrum kits that come with speedrum - vintage drums etc. The kits load up, but the pads don't trigger any sound. Newly saved kits work and the samples of the kits all generate sound when previewed from the browser. It's just when the kit is loaded, triggering the pads either by clicking on them or from the midi editor (Reaper) triggers no sound.

Anyone else had this problem?

the speedrum kits that come with speedrum - vintage drums etc. The kits load up, but the pads don't trigger any sound
If i recall, the volume for many pads needed to be turned up
To fix, Control double click on the AB bank switch to select all the pads, then double click on the 1st Volume below the pads to reset volume.

chibchan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:03 am
the speedrum kits that come with speedrum - vintage drums etc. The kits load up, but the pads don't trigger any sound
To fix, Control double click on the AB bank switch to select all the pads, then double click on the 1st Volume below the pads to reset volume.
Ah. That makes sense. I remember that on one of the kits, one pad generated sound. I'll check later. I should have checked that first, but it was late. Thanks!

Edit: Yep, that was it. The volume in the pad layers section is set to zero for most of the samples when you open old kits.

mgiambro wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:04 am
chibchan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:03 am
Ah. That makes sense. I remember that on one of the kits, one pad generated sound. I'll check later. I should have checked that first, but it was late. Thanks!

Edit: Yep, that was it. The volume in the pad layers section is set to zero for most of the samples when you open old kits.
Thanks for reporting that, it is a bug!

v1.4.2
+ [Ruler] playhead (as moving line)
# fixed Layer duplication from the menu
# fixed Layer volume set to -inf when loading v3 or older kit
# fixed behavior of sends outputs on GUI reopening
# fixed possible crash when autoloading from Browser in Slicer

Thank you!! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

apisonic wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:41 pm # fixed Layer duplication from the menu
Thanks !
Processor AMD PRO A10-8750B R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (30.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

https://soundclick.com/guerillagenus

Return to “Apisonic Labs”