Logic Pro 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiouser720 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:33 pm
syntonica wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:50 pm All the old plugins really need GUI updates. I never learned to proper program the more complex ones because the rotating disks made zero sense and the little fiddly 8-pixel buttons were too tiny.

As for Ultrabeat, I think the new drum designer is pretty much that with a new coat of paint. But the VIs still sound pretty darn good on their own and really need to be dragged into the present (or future!)
Yes but no but yes but no because Ultrabeat’s got its synth engine in it as well ennit so it’s quite different and super cool; and it has a step sequencer. One can only hope maybe next time
Logic already has drum synths that you can drop into DMD. As for the sequencer well Logic has an even more powerful right in the edit Window. There isn't much in UltraBeat that Logic hasn't already replaced imo
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

not sure, but I'm sure it'll be subscription based...

apoclypse wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:34 pm
Logic already has drum synths that you can drop into DMD. As for the sequencer well Logic has an even more powerful right in the edit Window. There isn't much in UltraBeat that Logic hasn't already replaced imo
The drum synths are still Ultrabeat under the hood. If you load a drum synth and then replace with Ultrabeat the current patch will be loaded into Ultrabeat

I think that - “Logic 11” topic should disappear, can’t see the point…
Clearly, Apple will NOT release ver 11 anytime soon.
We have just received ver 10.8.
Running 2 post topics that address the same thing is just silly

chances around NAMM this january ?

:dog:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Johnnyjohn wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:59 pm chances around NAMM this january ?
has apple ever done anything around NAMM?

dayjob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:53 pm
Johnnyjohn wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:59 pm chances around NAMM this january ?
has apple ever done anything around NAMM?
Actually, they have.

They used to release updates during/right before NAMM. Maybe they'll start doing it again.

From various online sources:

" Apple has released its now traditional NAMM-time Logic update.."
- Musicradar

"NAMM has become a regular update time for Apple’s Logic Pro X. "
- gearnews

"The night before NAMM (January for those unaware of the world's biggest music industry trade show) for the past few years Apple have released a significant new version or update for Logic Pro"
-macprovideo

I hope that now that they have started to experiment with MIDI routing, they will not abandon it.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Logic v Bitwig
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I don't know, but if they fix it so that you don't have to insert another track and put the note-triggered fX device on it, and then sidechain the audio to it, then it's world peace. The miserable old MIDI Environment has even been removed from the menu, they just want something, Studio One has solved it with Direct MIDI routing, and Logic :hyper:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

so i have to admit i have been back on logic for two months now. gosh its got a lot of incredible features. being able to open up plugins in dual mono and then setting it to mid side mode is so cool. any plugin you want easy mid side easily. i mean i would rather have abletons roar then logics phat fx for example but barely. besides that the amount of stock stuff you get with logic is insane. the auto filter with pre and post distortion. the spectral gate even with the old ui. chroma verb and space designer. delay designer is still one of the most versatile delays ever made. Phat fx smacks abletons drumbuss. step fx is like an effectrix with actual good algorithms. half time/stutter edit plugin. sample with root key detection that works on 9/10 samples if not 49/50. Hardly ever when its a piece of pitched audio does it not get the right pitch. saves the world of time. the step sequencer is phenomenal. The automation is both very good and very bad at the same time though. I dislike how there is no key command for opening all automation lanes like in s1 (you have to opt or command click the automation lanes arrow in logic) there is no automation skew or shapes which is insane to me. I wish there was a scale mode with collapse like ableton. when your making a simple chord prog just seeing your triads so easily idc even if your advanced with music theory how you can say this isnt a time savor.

I think im done with s1. i wrote to them in the 6.1 or 6.2 update letting them know about how the scale mode shifting the keys had made the piano roll unfunctional to me with the mode. There is something about the visual. I dont want A to look like its on G if im in Gminor for example. It basically screws with my brain looking at the piano roll. I always enter keys in wrong. The workflow is next to none without a doubt. The browser not being able to behave like abletons or logics where you can open and close folders with navigating is wild. you can open folders in s1 but you cant close them with arrow keys. when youve been diving into multiple folders for samples in s1 its a disorganized mess. maybe i just never had the right workflow for this though.

Think im going to stay on logic. have to say ableton 12 is really cool though as someone whos had the beta for two months. I just cant get into clicking that little wrench for third party plugins.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

qtheerearranger wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:56 pm have to say ableton 12 is really cool though as someone whos had the beta for two months. I just cant get into clicking that little wrench for third party plugins.
Ugh, my least favorite UX issue in Live is how third party plugin GUI's are opened. The first time you instantiate a plugin on a track the GUI opens and if you do not close it with the mouse manually, you can use the instrument key shortcut to open/close the GUI, (option command p), but if you close the GUI manually, you're back to the wrench. There's literally no reason why closing the plugin manually should force you to use the wrench, but that's how it be. Moral of the story, learn the key command and never close the plugin manually.

I think Bitwig is the only DAW that got this right without tweaking something or following weird rules like Live, the default key command to open a selected tracks instrument window is v, for VST, that's it.

machinesworking wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:18 pm
qtheerearranger wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:56 pm have to say ableton 12 is really cool though as someone whos had the beta for two months. I just cant get into clicking that little wrench for third party plugins.
Ugh, my least favorite UX issue in Live is how third party plugin GUI's are opened. The first time you instantiate a plugin on a track the GUI opens and if you do not close it with the mouse manually, you can use the instrument key shortcut to open/close the GUI, (option command p), but if you close the GUI manually, you're back to the wrench. There's literally no reason why closing the plugin manually should force you to use the wrench, but that's how it be. Moral of the story, learn the key command and never close the plugin manually.

I think Bitwig is the only DAW that got this right without tweaking something or following weird rules like Live, the default key command to open a selected tracks instrument window is v, for VST, that's it.
honestly its the only thing that keeps me from using ableton. it is a creative flow killer for me. it gets me so angry lol. I have to admit I just assumed bitwig had the same issue lol. I may give it another go. Does bitwig have GUI lag like ableton for larger sessions?
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

If you have a MacBook Pro 2023 (as per your signature), you shouldn't have any issues of GUI lag or anything on large sessions. I have a MacBook Pro 2021 and Ableton 11 performs beautifully. As it does Logic Pro.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”