whose singing voice do you love or hate?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vocaloid

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:18 am Had to look that up because I never heard of them. Thing is, I can't judge them individually because I hated grunge from start to finish, from top to bottom. If all of a sudden the world was completely devoid of all grunge and none of that music ever existed, I can't think of a single song that I would miss, not one.
Well shit. I thought i was the only living human being that thinks Kurt Cobain sounds like a depresing blender with a guitar.
Ill join air supply before listening to a nirvana album in full.

VOODOO U wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:12 pm
Fiona Apple I do not like
Her last album Fetch the Bolt Cutters is her best work yet. I had a couple people who aren't into Fiona listen to it and admitted they dug it. Which means you'll like it too and become a hardcore Fiona fan and regret ever not wanting to be her dog.
Beatles have no explaining to do, great band. Doors veeeeery iffy, I think you should really look at that although "been down so goddam long that it feels like up to me" okay yes that is redeeming. On Fiona, I did just listen to 10 sec snippets of a few of those songs and no chance in hell I'd ever like that, no sirree.

mjudge55 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:40 am On Fiona, I did just listen to 10 sec snippets of a few of those songs and no chance in hell I'd ever like that, no sirree.
You have to listen for at least 11 seconds. Only then will you eat of the forbidden fruit.

VOODOO U wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:14 am
mjudge55 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:40 am On Fiona, I did just listen to 10 sec snippets of a few of those songs and no chance in hell I'd ever like that, no sirree.
You have to listen for at least 11 seconds. Only then will you eat of the forbidden fruit.
No doubt and I did limit the snippets deliberately to prevent liking it as it’s not part of my personality concept to like her.

I'm a fan of the late, great Sean Boniwell's voice of 60s garage rockers The Music Machine.

"Dark White" and "Hey Joe" are good showcases for his vocals although I suspect it may be an acquired taste. :)
https://youtu.be/5JtIQFnzAEU
https://youtu.be/f7y3SrJfNic

I really like Nick Drake. No idea what he's singing half the time but there's something special about it. It's a mood.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

VOODOO U wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:13 amAnd what excuse do you guys have for Crowded House?
We don't need one, the Finns are Kiwis and the other two are from Melbourne.
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:18 amI hated grunge from start to finish, from top to bottom. If all of a sudden the world was completely devoid of all grunge and none of that music ever existed, I can't think of a single song that I would miss, not one.
I feel pretty much the same way bout 99% of music, no doubt including everything you've ever liked (and Grunge).
ROFL for reals. I'm laughing writing this. Then I turn it off and laugh all the way to our destination. The car stereo is for listening to my mixes in the car, in the driveway.
How can your friends not understand that it's all about you? Unbelievable! It sounds like you aren't into music at all, unless there is an element of self-aggrandisement involved.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:28 am I feel pretty much the same way bout 99% of music, no doubt including everything you've ever liked
Unbelievable! It sounds like you aren't into music at all...
LOL, Projection much? Has anyone ever told you that you're like Australia's low budget Henry Rollins?

I don't think anyone misses any songs from mainstream music because of the non dynamic processing and the stiff robotic performances. But people are lazy and until they learn better you can just remix them for better results.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I do like Alice Pheobe Lou. She's great live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVBfmOYvTiI

Taylor Swift.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Early Shane Macgowan - :)

Late Shane - :?

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:28 am I feel pretty much the same way bout 99% of music, no doubt including everything you've ever liked
LOL, Projection much? Has anyone ever told you that you're like Australia's low budget Henry Rollins?
Hey, that's really not fair!

Henry Rollins is actually a very educated and interesting dude with an intellectual depth, he's not just screaming on top of cheap electronic music: "kill! kill! death! blood! kill! angry! eat! does anyone have something to eat? oh, thank you! me not hungry anymore! now kill!, kill again!!!".

Frantz wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:32 am I'm a fan of the late, great Sean Boniwell's voice of 60s garage rockers The Music Machine.
My fav is Trouble. That bass gor blimey!

nirm123 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:11 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 pm
Hey, that's really not fair!

Henry Rollins is actually a very educated and interesting dude with an intellectual depth, he's not just screaming on top of cheap electronic music "kill! kill! death! blood! kill! angry! eat! does anyone have something to eat? oh, thank you! now kill!, kill!!!".
Well, the band he's in isn't exactly called NovaCuddle, is it? So I would indeed expect something like a certain presence of the word "kill" in it... ;)

BONES, if you happen to tour Germany drop me a note ! Wouldn't want to miss the abovementioned performance of whatever they compare you with !

On a sidenote I cannot stand the voice of Katie Melua. Can't think of any other artist I have to turn down volume to zero while she's on air. Dunno why but it makes my nails curl in perilious ways...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”