Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

MXJIA wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:25 pm
zzz00m wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:38 pm Pigments is actually $79.40 today at Audio Plugin Deals, with the discount code "July4" (additional 20% off) applied at checkout. It appears that there may be 6 days left in this Summer promo.

But don't miss this, I have never seen it for less!!!
Is it worth picking up now if I already have NI Form or Izotope Iris?
Yes.

wow. If it's available for around $80, the price for a "used" license would be about half... for that money I'd rather keep it although I actually never use it. Removed it from my sell&buy thread
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2…+…Push 2 driven by Moss……Softube.. everything

I suspect given the speed that Pigments has been updated it will end up even more feature rich synth and one of the best sounding and most featured synths in VST format. I would hang on to it...unlike many other synths it has a bright future, can't wait to see what they add to V4!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:39 am I suspect given the speed that Pigments has been updated it will end up even more feature rich synth and one of the best sounding and most featured synths in VST format. I would hang on to it...unlike many other synths it has a bright future, can't wait to see what they add to V4!
Yeah, Pigments 4 seems imminent to me.

sQeetz wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:31 am wow. If it's available for around $80, the price for a "used" license would be about half... for that money I'd rather keep it although I actually never use it. Removed it from my sell&buy thread
Just for the record: why is it, that "used" software licenses, sell for the same rate e.g. cars do?
Why half? it's not used in any way. You buy a license and it's new to you
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2…+…Push 2 driven by Moss……Softube.. everything

sQeetz wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:54 am Just for the record: why is it, that "used" software licenses, sell for the same rate e.g. cars do?
Why half? it's not used in any way. You buy a license and it's new to you
You have to be a bit careful, some 2nd hand licenses become NFR and / or might not be eligible for reduced upgrade prices on updates. Don't think Arturia have any restrictions though, someone no doubt will confirm / deny.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Yes, Arturia doesn't have any such restrictions.

The thing is you can charge the price you want, but if you want to sell it, you need a buyer, right? Buyer will only want to pay what they want, and with so many people selling things are varied price levels, there's no other option than to lower the prices. Nowadays there are a lot of other selling/buying options too, like, KnobCloud, VI-C, Facebook Marketplace, etc. People are becoming increasingly aware of what to pay for what, especially when companies themselves do frequent high-discount sales.

M_Ray wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:51 pm Wow, just read this whole thread from the start. Took me a while, went through many emotions … I prob could’ve made 2 tracks in the same time, but I love me some procrastination.

First time poster and short time listener. So My noob 2 cents is that I’ll buy it. Although I’ve missed the sales 69€ was a steal for sure. Sitting on €199 more, so I’ll wait a while or see what comes up on the buy and sell thread.

Also Arturias support team have never let me down. I’m a Arturia frother for sure.

Thanks everyone for their input, I learned lots.
https://audioplugin.deals/pigments-by-arturia/

I bought pigments from here. You may be able to use the code JULY4 to get an extra 20% off. Worked for me yesterday…

I’d been holding off getting pigments for quite a while, but this seemed like a bargain.

Jamface wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:26 am
https://audioplugin.deals/pigments-by-arturia/

I bought pigments from here. You may be able to use the code JULY4 to get an extra 20% off. Worked for me yesterday…

I’d been holding off getting pigments for quite a while, but this seemed like a bargain.
Still on sale for $99, but the cart here seems to no longer accept a coupon code for an extra 20% off. It was working previously...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:45 am
SLiC wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:39 am I suspect given the speed that Pigments has been updated it will end up even more feature rich synth and one of the best sounding and most featured synths in VST format. I would hang on to it...unlike many other synths it has a bright future, can't wait to see what they add to V4!
Where did you get that impression from? Pigments 1,2 and 3 were all released in Spring. 3.5 was released in Fall. If Arturia sticks to the release times of the full updates, version 4 will be here March or April 2023.

jules99 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:16 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:45 am
Where did you get that impression from? Pigments 1,2 and 3 were all released in Spring. 3.5 was released in Fall. If Arturia sticks to the release times of the full updates, version 4 will be here March or April 2023.
Honestly, I said that without too much thinking and assuming it's been a while version 3 has been out (ignoring 3.5 here). Since 3.5 was released more than 6 months ago, it is likely that they could release 4 after a few months, basically sometime this year.

So what are the expectations? Very hard to guess. More waveshapers - this comes to mind (right now we have a phase distortion and wave folding). A dedicated advanced FM module?

Igro wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:35 pm So what are the expectations? Very hard to guess. More waveshapers - this comes to mind (right now we have a phase distortion and wave folding). A dedicated advanced FM module?
I dunno, maybe physical modeling? Something along the lines of Rhizomatic’s "Plasmonic", which combines physical modeling with subtractive synthesis for hybrid instrumental textures.
https://rhizomatic.fr/
https://vimeo.com/651088487
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Igro wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:35 pm So what are the expectations? Very hard to guess. More waveshapers - this comes to mind (right now we have a phase distortion and wave folding). A dedicated advanced FM module?
Arturia has all kinds of new filter and oscillator models they could put in Pigments. It's pretty great, but the analog oscs are basic.

What analog osc arent basic? They are all the same lmao

Return to “Instruments”