One computer, lots of doubts...

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok :)
No, I don't push my computer to the limit, far from it.
Switching to the Ryzen profile definitely turns core parking off, with any of the other profiles 2 of the 8 threads (or 1 of the 4 cores) seem to be off in Task Manager -> CPU.
It's interesting as Mulab (my DAW) automatically set 6 "cores" (seems it considers threads to be cores) when I first launched it on this computer, obviously not recognizing the two remaining "cores".

I am really impressed how powerful that 4-core processor is, just 5% CPU usage (with the CPU running at 2.45 GHz rather than the full 3.5 GHz on all cores) when running a DAW project :)

If you want you can turn off 2 of the cores in bios. That's possible.

LE: I think 2.4-2.5Ghz is the lowest it goes so it can keep it stable.

Might sound like a silly question, but do people nowadays turn off the computer power supply?
I am wondering because I just read that it is not possible to configure Bios/Windows so that when shutting Windows down, USB devices are no longer powered. I hate it when the lights of my USB devices are still on.

In W7 it was possible to turn off all USB devices, but in W10 I can't figure out how.
Nor is there such a power management option in the Bios.

It seems it's not an obvious option with ASRock boards, but try this and see if it works.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”