TX16Wx 2.2.0 for Windows and MacOSX is now available

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This version (2.2) crashes Reaper for me, too. Also crashes Seib VSTHost & Mixcraft 6. Using Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, GeForce GTX670, 4GB Memory.
The previous version worked fine.

Symptoms for VSTHost are that whether you drag & drop or try to open from the menu, VSTHost freezes, TX16Wx never opens, only option is to close VSTHost via Task Manager. Symptoms for Reaper and Mixcraft are that it freezes during VST scan, program locks up & has to be closed via Task Manager. Restarting the program results in the same behavior. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with same results.

Marcus-21 wrote:This version (2.2) crashes Reaper for me, too. Also crashes Seib VSTHost & Mixcraft 6. Using Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, GeForce GTX670, 4GB Memory.
The previous version worked fine.

Symptoms for VSTHost are that whether you drag & drop or try to open from the menu, VSTHost freezes, TX16Wx never opens, only option is to close VSTHost via Task Manager. Symptoms for Reaper and Mixcraft are that it freezes during VST scan, program locks up & has to be closed via Task Manager. Restarting the program results in the same behavior. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with same results.
As stated previously, can you either get a stacktrace set from process explorer (or similar), or allow me remote desktop access to check out the problem?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Working fine here, running in REAPER and Jeskola Buzz on Win7 32bit (fully updated).

Thanks, Calle, for all the hard work! :)

Win7 x64, Tx16Wx 2.2.0 x64 hangs Reaper x64 and Cantabile x64. Stacks sent as PM.

Marcus-21, winds350:
I found what is most likely the culprit behind your issues (thank you winds350 for the trace - it helped tremendously). Builds have been updated. Re-download and try again.

I also got a very stupid, easy but serious bug from Dragon, its been fixed as well. Thank you.
Oh, the dangers of cross platform builds. ;-)

Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

I just started testing TX16Wx over the weekend and pleased to see that there is a new version so soon :) Definitely an awesome program and it looks to have a bright future.

I have not had any weird issues :P Using Win 64, Reaper, and a Presonus 22VSL.

I do have a question and a suggestion however. I am fairly new to samplers, so keep that in mind. I have been messing with a single WAV sample of a synth to learn TX16Wx. One thing I have been messing with is the Poly/Mono/Legato setting. I find it strange that the Mono setting behaves like how I would expect Legato to preform, and vice-versa. If I hold down one key and hit other keys the sound will "trill" between the notes. This normally happens on Legato mode. This does not happen on Legato mode, it never plays the key I am holding down again. Is this normal?

And the suggestion, when on Mono/Legato mode could there be a "re-trigger" type mode where every key you press starts at the beginning of the sample while holding down other keys? That seems to be the big thing I cannot do/replicate when trying to replicate the synth that I sampled in to test.

Thanks again for the awesome program! Looking forward to the "planned updates" you mentioned!

Agreed, this is the best "bring back the joy of sampling" alternative sampler there is in current healthy development :) ... I was saddened when Shortcircuit was discontinued, and this one has stepped up to carry the torch of creative sampling very nicely. 32 and 64 bit builds available, just great.

I remember testing version 1.x and dismissing it for some of the ascetic user interface decisions. I spontaneously returned to try out 2.2 -- and oh my, this sampler has progressed really well! The usability is well-rounded now (seriously, it really is a joy to use), yet without sacrificing that distinctive sampling vibe. Well done, and good luck in future developments as well!

The only (really, one single one) pressing feature request I have personally is the ability to conveniently and quickly switch a referenced wave file in the wave list, while preserving start/end/loop points. But I started a query on that function in another thread already :) ...

All in all very impressive, and only getting better, I imagine. Thanks!

elcallio wrote:Dragon:
I've updated the official builds to
1.) not use HW render by default and
2.) allow HWR turn on/off

This should fix drawing issues, though I'd really like to know exactly why it happens.

Supremeja:
I did manage to find one issue with the OSX build that could be the culprit that you are seeing (resource problem). Please re-download, re-install and try again.

Thank You!!!!! Now it works awesome.
I will take a time to check out your sampler.
But the first 30 minutes with TX16Wx was awesome.

Shask wrote:I do have a question and a suggestion however. I am fairly new to samplers, so keep that in mind. I have been messing with a single WAV sample of a synth to learn TX16Wx. One thing I have been messing with is the Poly/Mono/Legato setting. I find it strange that the Mono setting behaves like how I would expect Legato to preform, and vice-versa. If I hold down one key and hit other keys the sound will "trill" between the notes. This normally happens on Legato mode. This does not happen on Legato mode, it never plays the key I am holding down again. Is this normal?
This indeed is weird. BUT - mono mode can and it should trill between notes if you hold one note then whack others. Legato should do the same, but without retriggering the envelopes. That's where the difference lies. The way it is now, it is definitely bugged.

Let me also point out that sustain pedal "eats out" the retriggers. This is not good at all.

There's also one thing that has confused me right now, and it's easy to fix. There are "Channel Pressure" and "Aftertouch" entries in modulation sources. This is highly confusing, because Channel Pressure is aftertouch as well. Please change this to Channel AT (or Mono AT) and Poly AT, Calle. :)

Also a question - how do I set up keytracking so that the filter tracks the keyboard perfectly (resonance set to self-oscillation at cutoff 440 Hz)? What's the modulation amount I need to set? I didn't manage to find a proper value yet...

EvilDragon wrote:There's also one thing that has confused me right now, and it's easy to fix. There are "Channel Pressure" and "Aftertouch" entries in modulation sources. This is highly confusing, because Channel Pressure is aftertouch as well. Please change this to Channel AT (or Mono AT) and Poly AT, Calle. :)
Actually, "Channel pressure" is the canonical MIDI name for monophonic aftertouch.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:Marcus-21, winds350:
I found what is most likely the culprit behind your issues (thank you winds350 for the trace - it helped tremendously). Builds have been updated. Re-download and try again.

Cheers
/C
Thanks for the quick fix. It now works correctly and without problem for me in FL Studio, Reaper, Mixcraft, and VSTHost. I was going to try to do a trace today, but it appears it will be unnecessary. I really like this sampler, and it keeps getting noticeably better with each release. It may be time to put some money down to show my support. Thanks again.

elcallio wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:There's also one thing that has confused me right now, and it's easy to fix. There are "Channel Pressure" and "Aftertouch" entries in modulation sources. This is highly confusing, because Channel Pressure is aftertouch as well. Please change this to Channel AT (or Mono AT) and Poly AT, Calle. :)
Actually, "Channel pressure" is the canonical MIDI name for monophonic aftertouch.

Yes. And Poly Pressure/Poly Aftertouch for the other thing. :) Would definitely better for it to say "Poly Pressure" than just "Aftertouch".

just installed 2.2.0 on XPsp2 - plug in fails to load in Energy XT - not listed by Studio One
Cheers

Mick

Return to “CWITEC”