Verberate feature suggestions

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cubase 8

bundoo wrote:Cubase 8
Okay, thanks. For VST2 we would need a separate DLL for mono to stereo, but I think VST3 is better when it comes to channel formats. I'll investigate... :)

Best,
Stian

Hi, i tested Verberate demo (v162), and have was slightly puzzled by him abnormal CPU load. In no processing it's have about 18% for one core, and during incoming audio up to 30% from one instance.

Also, I remember once upon a time I already tried it but have not seen such a problem (or just not paying attention, i dont know).

My system Win7 64bit, but i use DAW\VST2 32bit versia. And checked\installed for just in case also in 64bit DAW - the same behavior. (CPU intel Core Quad Q9505), audio settings quite standart 44100\256samples.

Very strange, just i did not notice yet that users complained about its large cpu loading. Can assume that problem in my side, but other many reverbs do not have such load.

Hi!
c_voltage wrote:Hi, i tested Verberate demo (v162), and have was slightly puzzled by him abnormal CPU load. In no processing it's have about 18% for one core, and during incoming audio up to 30% from one instance.

Also, I remember once upon a time I already tried it but have not seen such a problem (or just not paying attention, i dont know).

My system Win7 64bit, but i use DAW\VST2 32bit versia. And checked\installed for just in case also in 64bit DAW - the same behavior. (CPU intel Core Quad Q9505), audio settings quite standart 44100\256samples.

Very strange, just i did not notice yet that users complained about its large cpu loading. Can assume that problem in my side, but other many reverbs do not have such load.
Thanks for testing Verberate! The CPU load is very high and puzzles me too. When there's no audio input, Verberate disables the processing and the load should drop to zero. If it remains at 18%, there's definitely something wrong. Increasing the buffer sizes should reduce the load, but 256 is pretty standard as you say, and shouldn't cause any problems. Can you reproduce this with a blank project with one instance of Verberate and no other plug-ins?

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:Hi!
c_voltage wrote:Hi, i tested Verberate demo (v162), and have was slightly puzzled by him abnormal CPU load. In no processing it's have about 18% for one core, and during incoming audio up to 30% from one instance.

Thanks for testing Verberate! The CPU load is very high and puzzles me too. When there's no audio input, Verberate disables the processing and the load should drop to zero. If it remains at 18%, there's definitely something wrong. Increasing the buffer sizes should reduce the load, but 256 is pretty standard as you say, and shouldn't cause any problems. Can you reproduce this with a blank project with one instance of Verberate and no other plug-ins?

Best,
Stian
Hi Stian, yes ofcourse blank project with one Verberate instance.
Well, but so to speak, it is not a cry for help (ie I'm not going to use it in the near future), just an observation, however, also for understand why the plug-in behaves so differently on different systems, It would be interesting to figure out.

c_voltage wrote:Hi Stian, yes ofcourse blank project with one Verberate instance.
Well, but so to speak, it is not a cry for help (ie I'm not going to use it in the near future), just an observation, however, also for understand why the plug-in behaves so differently on different systems, It would be interesting to figure out.
That's strange indeed. It would be good to know the reason. Which host are you using?

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: That's strange indeed. It would be good to know the reason. Which host are you using?
Stian, Studio one 2, and tried for just in case in Live 9 - the same behavior.

Return to “Acon Digital”