Wavetable file format?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Defiant WT Serum Surge XT

It would be nice to have a standardized WT format.

It would also be nice if the current plugin developers worked together on an open source WT editor. This would benefit all devs and customers in a long run.
Misspellers of the world, unit!
https://soundcloud.com/aflecht

On my code for my products I just took the simple approach of using the loop size as the size of the cycle and just add PW or Wavetable into the name or even the foldername. Nothing fancy.

And here's the editor. ;-)

https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/produ ... audio-term

I see we are on wavetable editor show and tell :) here is ours (in house tool, not intending to release this at this time):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

we use a combination of various wavetable tools and editors along with a wave editor to do what we want with tables.
A do-it-all solution would be sick.

Urs wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:13 pm Also, I would like to bring up the idea of a unified info chunk for wavetables. We've got our own which stores some information about the table as well as some text we display in an info field. We will extend this with authorship and maybe copyright/license information. Maybe it's possible we can all agree to a set of chunks?

Furthermore, what I'd find totally cool is if us developers could agree on a checksum algorithm/method and info chunk for wavetables. So that wavetables can be identified quickly regardless of file name and location, and don't need to be stored inside presets.

I'm away from office until later his week, but if there's any interest in this I'll happily post what we got so far.
Hi,
I am not sure, if this is the right forum. What do I need to do to get this info CLM chunk into a wavetable, saved from an UHM-script?

Or do I need to patch the WAV-file then manually? Exporting wavefiles per UHM leads to a wavetable in serum which is kind of flipping (as it would try to crop at zero crossings). I guess it's the missing CLM chunk then(?)

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:13 pm Also, I would like to bring up the idea of a unified info chunk for wavetables. We've got our own which stores some information about the table as well as some text we display in an info field. We will extend this with authorship and maybe copyright/license information. Maybe it's possible we can all agree to a set of chunks?

Furthermore, what I'd find totally cool is if us developers could agree on a checksum algorithm/method and info chunk for wavetables. So that wavetables can be identified quickly regardless of file name and location, and don't need to be stored inside presets.
Thank you for bringing that up. Such an agreement/standard would relieve us countless ours in the future. May be it's also worth while checking what WaveEdit from Synthesis Technology is doing. As Eurorack is a player in this.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Chapelle wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:20 pm
SamDi wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:00 pmExporting wavefiles per UHM leads to a wavetable in serum which is kind of flipping (as it would try to crop at zero crossings).
How do you import the wavetable in Serum?

Assuming that an exported wavetable from Hive has 2048 samples per frame, the best way to import it in Serum is probably to type "2048" in the formula editor, hit enter, and then drag and drop the wav-file to the big waveform display.

Then, when you save the wavetable in Serum, it should have the CLM chunk and can be loaded via Serum's wavetable browser.
Thanks, that worked :tu:

Waldorf NW1 exports to .wrts can't find any info on that either. Anyone? And are there wavetable converters?

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”