Arturia B-3 V2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sure. There's a few though. So if you're looking to buy, demo the lot and pick your favorite:

Arturia B-3 V2
GSI VB3-II
GG-Audio Blue3
Acoustic Samples B5
Blue3 also got V2 treatment.

No demo available for B5 V2, though.

Yeah, good point. They're all at v2!

I wish Native Instruments would drop pointless new reaktor synths and actually revive B4 Hammond organ.

Or at least make a great Rotary FX for Kontakt 6, instead of old sucky one, so Soniccouture can release a Hammond B3 library.

That, my friends, will be a gamechanger.

Stringzy wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:57 pm I wish Native Instruments would drop pointless new reaktor synths and actually revive B4 Hammond organ.

Or at least make a great Rotary FX for Kontakt 6, instead of old sucky one, so Soniccouture can release a Hammond B3 library.

That, my friends, will be a gamechanger.
I don't know about game changer. Sounds exactly like B5. Great sampled B3 with lots of complex scripting and character through an excellent software Leslie. All housed in a sample player, workstation, type of plugin.

As John Connor would say: "Trust me on this".

Soniccouture Hammond would make B5 a joke. They are leagues above.

Sadly, we're not gonna witness the greatness, because lazy asses from NI won't improve Kontakt Rotary unless I'm 75 with three grandchildren shitheads.

So whatevs. Lets move on.

Stringzy wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:22 pm
Soniccouture Hammond would make B5 a joke. They are leagues above.
you don't like B5?I find it very good, but the default settings are somewhat mellow.

I like Sonic Couture too, but that post isn't one that should be taken seriously. He's comparing a real product, B5, to a product that exists only his mind, which of course would be leagues above, had it existed anywhere outside of Stringzy's imagination. The B5 is excellent IMO. VB3-II and GG-Audio's Blue3 are excellent. The IK Leslie is excellent (though too clean without any motor noise). The new Arturia is a big improvement.

There are a lot of great, real, B3 and Leslie options out there these days. And the best part? You can combine the best bits of each to your heart's content. Want the B5 engine with the IK Leslie? Go for it. Want to run Blue3 through the UVI Leslie? Another option. Want to run the Arturia organ through the VB3-II Leslie? Pretty sure you can. No reason someone couldn't pull off great organ tones ITB these days. Most of it is about whose playing it anyway. I'm guaranteed to make any organ sound boring and crappy with my playing! :hihi:

Arturia B-3 has a patch called Soul Sacrifice, I'm a simple man, I see this patch, I play the music.

First is Arturia, second is B5 in the default settings (1960 organ and default leslie), and after is B-5 with some tweakings (1968 organ and tweakings on leslie)

https://soundcloud.com/walteraudio/soul-sacrifice

That last one sounds great!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:56 am That last one sounds great!
my favorite too!

... and just noticed that I record the B-5 versions with the vibrato switches turned off... ( they're turned on in Arturia B-3). :dog: with vibrato on, both of B-5 versions have a bit more of high frequencies.

But, at least for this kind of gritty, rock organ, Arturia B-3 gives me more instant gratification than B-5. I could make B-5 sound better, but it took more work, and B-3 sound is very cool too.

"We can't go on together... la la la... with suspicious minds".

Trust me on this, brothers. When Soniccouture finally release their Hammond, you will lose your shit. Just trust me on this.

I also eagerly await for Hammond organs expansion for Keyscape. I'm trusting Eric Persing is interested in this kind of thing. Anyone else?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:55 pm
v1o wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:18 am Are these a nice replacement for NI B4?
Sure. There's a few though. So if you're looking to buy, demo the lot and pick your favorite:

Arturia B-3 V2
GSI VB3-II
GG-Audio Blue3
Acoustic Samples B5 (also at v2 - 3 different sampled organs with additional modeling and great leslie sim)
I was so happy with VB3 that i bought GSI’s hardware module Gemini..

Probably the best thing i ever did, it comes with complete DSP chains and a wealth of other things..for only a few hundred dollar

VB3 is so incredibly accurate, i will never need a new VB3 sound, now i have it in hardware format. But the software version should also suit everyone..

The Arturia isnt bad, but not as close as the VB3, when you play with the effects pedals chains, it can be usefull tough..

waltercruz wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:15 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:56 am That last one sounds great!
my favorite too!

... and just noticed that I record the B-5 versions with the vibrato switches turned off... ( they're turned on in Arturia B-3). :dog: with vibrato on, both of B-5 versions have a bit more of high frequencies.

But, at least for this kind of gritty, rock organ, Arturia B-3 gives me more instant gratification than B-5. I could make B-5 sound better, but it took more work, and B-3 sound is very cool too.
I’m on the road at the moment, without earplugs, and had to listen the examples with my iPhone X speakers. Result: I liked #1 absolutely the best, then #3. #1 missed some overtones, but was in generally most pleasant. #2 was lousy.
(BTW, iPhone X offers pretty amazing speakers).

Another example, this time with a clean Hammond sound.

Sorry for the lousy playing

Arturia B-3
Acoustic Samples B-5
Acoustic Samples B-5 with 1968 hammond and some leslie tweakings

https://soundcloud.com/walteraudio/winter-shade

guys.. We neeed to get more happeining in this discussion..!! I've played around with V2 and yeah it's a definite improvement on V1, but I would love to hear more input from u guys on this subject..!! I still find the leslie on/off slow/fast to be a bit underwhelming. and some of the presets are atrocious..!! it's hard to describe, but it's like the 'cycling' of harmonics/distortions are just going way to fast and samey/sterile/digital

I've found having the preamp up at about 75% gives a nice bit of warmth, and changing the model to the 63B (i think) also helps alot..! :)

Return to “Instruments”