Pulsar - Smasher 1176 emu free until 11th March

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

enroe wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:15 am
fese wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:24 am
Local Man wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:05 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:36 pm iLok and 64bit only? Thanks but no thanks.
Do you ever walk into a restaurant you're not eating at, scream about what you are allergic to and then walk out?
:D
Although it’s not even comparable to allergies. It’s probably more like “I’VE NEVER TRIED THAT, I DON’T LIKE IT!!!”
No, no! It is comparable to: You walk into a restaurant, and you realize that you
can eat there only if you sign a contract before. In this case the contract doesn't
cost anything (free), but you have to sign it!
When you go into a restaurant to eat there, you do actually sign a contract, legally speaking. The contract is: you’ll get food, then you have to pay for it. It’s not a written contract, but it is one, same with other products and services you acquire. It’s how our world works. It’s just silly to go on a forum and whine about it in every thread about that particular restaurant because the food isn’t vegetarian/vegan/fructarian/whatever.
Really, why do those anti-ilokers feel the compulsive need to enter any thread of an ilok product they don’t even intend to get and ooze the same old “ilok, thanks but no thanks” blurb? Do they need the attention? Are they on a mission?
I didn’t like ilok either before I got it, then I realized it’s not the end of the world. Could be better, could be worse, use it, don’t use it, but please, stop behaving as if it is some kind of scandalous conspiracy that you have to take a stand against.
Last edited by fese on Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fake 3D knobs? Thanks , but no thanks! :D

I appreciate the freebie, but it's crashing in Cubase 9.5 pro for me (running Windows 10 pro). Anyone else getting a crash?

everything ''crashes'' cube-arse. get a real daw.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Crashbase ?

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aloysius wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:24 am everything ''crashes'' cube-arse. get a real daw.
Works totally fine in Cubase. :hug:

it could be me (always) but this seems not a full 1176 emulation....... no attack/release/ no ratio (the ALL ratio...)

EDIT: it seems already, somewhat, mentioned. this is an ALL ratio, without attack/release emulation..?

EDIT 2: how many 1176 i have, and how many are out their (like planets with live...)

EDIT 3: always i good idea to read the product page, and read why the have done it this way....

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:36 pm iLok and 64bit only? Thanks but no thanks.

Resistance is futile. :borg:

enroe wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:12 am
Digivolt wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:41 pm Image

https://pulsar.audio/smasher/

Grab it while it's free, if it's half as good as their Mu Compressor then this is going to be a great freebie :hyper: :hyper: :o

only caveat that may put some users off is it uses iLok :scared:
The other caveat is the GUI wasting a lot of space. But it is a freebee!
I want the GR meter at least twice as large with the numbering in 0.1 db increments. And the knobs could be bigger more precise too.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

cnt wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:31 pm
Aloysius wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:24 am everything ''crashes'' cube-arse. get a real daw.
Works totally fine in Cubase. :hug:
One example:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=538699

Overwhelmed With Cubase Problems

There are many more examples.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Cubase isn't a DAW, it's a DAWN.

Love my Cubase. :love:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Local Man wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:05 am
Do you ever walk into a restaurant you're not eating at, scream about what you are allergic to and then walk out?
No but that is something i would like to try next time
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

"Typical effects you can get with the Smasher are the raw and gritty sounds of bands such as Vulfpeck, The Whitefield Brothers or The Black Keys."

That's the kind of copy that makes me find whatever of theirs I have in my plugins folder and delete.

Return to “Effects”