Acoustica 7.3 with Native Support for Apple Silicon Released

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've notice a timing issue when using the loop.
I might be doing something wrong, if so just let me know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DezARTVcLwo

Thanks for the interest in Acoustica! I'm afraid it's very hard to tell from the video. Since it is possible to change the start offset of a clip in the multitrack session (drag the clip edge when the cursor has a loop shape), I wonder if you might have unintentionally added a small time offset.

Best,
Stian

I really like the software, i just downloaded the demo but there's something that i don't like it.

When editing (cutting audio, breaths) i feel the waveform when zooming in and out a bit slowly... compared to adobe audition and protools which are the ones that i use for fast editing but i hate to wait protools to start it. Specially when i am on the need of editing something fast, sure i'll choose Acoustica if this can be improved.

Btw, i just watched the Protools Expert video and i see that it's not related to my computer.

Stavompe wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:36 pm I really like the software, i just downloaded the demo but there's something that i don't like it.

When editing (cutting audio, breaths) i feel the waveform when zooming in and out a bit slowly... compared to adobe audition and protools which are the ones that i use for fast editing but i hate to wait protools to start it. Specially when i am on the need of editing something fast, sure i'll choose Acoustica if this can be improved.

Btw, i just watched the Protools Expert video and i see that it's not related to my computer.
Hmm, waveform zooming is butter smooth in the Pro Tools Expert video (at least if you are talking about this one: https://youtu.be/sMs-qGmQZFk?t=79). The spectrogram visualization is much heavier on the CPU, so that's not really a fair comparison.

Best,
Stian

Thanks for your answer.

I had to be more specific. When I am zooming in and out scrolling with my Magic Mouse 2 in the waveform trying to cut for example silences I felt a bit laggy sometimes more sometimes less even with open gl enabled.

I really like that LUFS are incorporated, that’s great.
stian wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:12 am
Stavompe wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:36 pm I really like the software, i just downloaded the demo but there's something that i don't like it.

Hmm, waveform zooming is butter smooth in the Pro Tools Expert video (at least if you are talking about this one: https://youtu.be/sMs-qGmQZFk?t=79). The spectrogram visualization is much heavier on the CPU, so that's not really a fair comparison.

Best,
Stian

I'm demoing Acoustica Premium 7.3.10 and all the plugins I load are incompletely displayed (cropped). I always use the 125% option in Win7's Control Panel / Display and all my other hosts work with no issue. When I switch to 100%, Acoustica's fine. Any tip for making it work at 125% too?

We are aware of issues with some VST2 and Windows high DPI modes. Unfortunately, the VST2 standard isn't clear with regards to DPI scaling (which wasn't an issue when Steinberg made the specifications, so they are not to blame). Do you have the same issues with VST3?

Best,
Stian

VST3 as well, even your own plugins don't display correctly in Acoustica.

I also tried without success to change the compatibility mode of Acoustica's launch executable like this:

comp.jpg
(not my actual screenshot, red shows what I changed)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hmm, in that case, something is definitely wrong. The Acon plug-ins scale properly on all our test computers. Please send me a PM or submit a support ticket and we can take it from there. I can send you a build to a beta version built with the latest JUCE version (the framework we use for cross-platform development). It would be good to see if the problem is there, too.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”