Tone Projects KELVIN coming next week

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kelvin Tone Shaper

A few quick audio examples of Kelvin in action on a simple analogue mono synth (saw + filtering fun).

https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... stcount=45
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Demoing this now. Damn. Just when i thought i didn't need another saturator. :lol:
More BPM please

How good could a saturator even be? The problem with Gearspace is that everyone there gets caught up in the hype. It's a flavour of the month thing you'll never stop buying plugins.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:18 pm How good could a saturator even be? The problem with Gearspace is that everyone there gets caught up in the hype. It's a flavour of the month thing you'll never stop buying plugins.
Yeap, that is true but I cannot replace Unisum and Kelvin is superb (agreed with limited testing for now).

v1o wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:18 pm How good could a saturator even be?
You're going to have to try it yourself to answer that question. IMO, it's the business for sure. When being somewhat restrained it's very much in the ballpark of my LTL Silver Bullet. Subtle, but very present and the filters can really make things pop. For how I'm using it (largely mastering context) it's pretty fantastic. I can't really speak to it yet as a sound design tool yet, but there's a good bit to explore and some solid presets to use as starting points.

I didn't need 'yet another saturator', but here we are. :lol:

I'm a bit troubled by additional discount period (for newsletter subscribers who own Unisum) being only two days. It leaves an impression on me of TP not being confident in their new project.

v1o wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:18 pm How good could a saturator even be? The problem with Gearspace is that everyone there gets caught up in the hype. It's a flavour of the month thing you'll never stop buying plugins.
Not sure, but Unisum is still among my more often used compressors.
Been demoing Kelvin and it has a really good gain matched pre-emphasis control - not many saturators (if any) have that.
And algos are pretty unique. You can get good results really quick.
Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:48 pm I'm a bit troubled by additional discount period (for newsletter subscribers who own Unisum) being only two days. It leaves an impression on me of TP not being confident in their new project.
or confident enough they know they can sell it a full price

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:48 pm I'm a bit troubled by additional discount period (for newsletter subscribers who own Unisum) being only two days. It leaves an impression on me of TP not being confident in their new project.
Bizarre, how did you work that one out?

Really good plugin, instant purchase.

What's the deal with this "Hygge" thing? What is it? Why is it different/better?

v1o wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:18 pm The problem with Gearspace is that everyone there gets caught up in the hype. It's a flavour of the month thing you'll never stop buying plugins.
Never happens on KVR :wink:
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:42 am What's the deal with this "Hygge" thing? What is it? Why is it different/better?
From the manual of Unisum Compressor where it originated:
wrote:"Hygge
Enables the HYGGE circuit which offers a warmer and thicker sound by subtly altering harmonics,
transient, and frequency response. It consists of several stages of frequency and level dependant
saturation and filtered feedback setups, inspired by transformer and tube characteristics.
Not sure what specific thing it's modeled after or might not be 'real' at all, but rather just inspired from various tones. Like many things, it's just going to be preferential and subjective as to whether or not you like the various models. Hygge is one of several options. Some more refined and some more aggressive. Just need to spend a few minutes with the demo and see if it's something that interests you.

Thanks! Sounds like transient, frequency and level-dependent dynamic saturation.... or something... 😀

Lively, not static harmonic profiles like Acustica Audio (I'm kidding, I love my Acquas).

Hygge is a Danish word meaning "cozy/warm/comfortable".. or something like that. Probably one of those words you can't quite translate into other languages (in Finland we have a word, 'sisu' that just can't be translated properly but all Finns know what it means and when to use it).

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... lish/hygge
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:40 am Hygge is a Danish word meaning "cozy/warm/comfortable".. or something like that. Probably one of those words you can't quite translate into other languages (in Finland we have a word, 'sisu' that just can't be translated properly but all Finns know what it means and when to use it).

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... lish/hygge
Aha, sort of like the Dutch word "gezellig".
More BPM please

Return to “Effects”