What are your favorite instrument plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zebra 2--I have spent most of my patching time with this. I especially like the semi-modular approach (I can't stand VSTs with "wires"), the oscillator effects, and the comb filter.

Phase Plant--again, no "wires," and I have fun creating sounds and experimenting with it (finally got all the snapins). How modulations are applied suites me (maybe the best synth in this regard for my taste), and it can go in a lot of directions.

Ana2--neat set-up and versatility and sound and components. It is fun to patch with, as well. The chord section stands out to me.
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

realtor form. still, nothing else like it (that im aware of) and allows me to create sounds my hw doesn't, which i can sample, and process through my hw, to be processed in form and then processed through my hw...

Charlatan (v1), FB3200, Nabla, PG8X, Stigma, Tricent mkIII, VirtualCZ, V-Station
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:36 pm realtor form.
you must enjoy house hunting...

pdxindy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:26 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:36 pm realtor form.
you must enjoy house hunting...
:hihi:
stupid auto corrupt :x

Omnisphere, RP Blue2, Sylenth1, DIVA, Obsession, and probably a bunch more. Atlas has quickly become my other fav drum instrument, next to Battery 4, so I'm looking forward to giving Atlas 2 a go.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Omnisphere with Trilian and Keyscape.
Korg Legacy M1 and Triton.
Arturia Collection.

Pigments for the endless cool sound design options.
Falcon for the lack of limits.
Omnisphere for the outstanding soundsources and patches.
Vital for the quick workflow

All mine have specific purpose so..... None really.

Erisian wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:44 pm I don't own it because I am very very poor :pray: but I love U-he's Repro-1.

Of the instruments I own, I would say my favourite is Odin2 by The Wavewarden because of its versatility.
Yeah, I'm saving my pennies for either Repro or Diva.

Thanks for the tip on Odin 2! I didn't realize it was available for the Mac now. Just started playing with it...
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I still go through days where I hate the sound of synths due to an emotional biochemical confliction.

I tend to only use synths that are reskinnable, because I'm extremely fussy in how they look.

My favourites and most used synths include:

Parawave's Rapid
NI Rounds
NI Form
NI Razzor
NI Kontour
U-HE's Hive
U-HE's Z-lette

Most recent additions:
Synapse Dune 3 - It's quite aggressive sounding though.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

In order of use:

Pigments 3 because it is so versatile with so many easily tweak-able quality factory sounds.
Phase Plant for unconstrained sound design.
Thorn for quick and easy quality sounds.
Dune 3 as nothing else sounds quite like it.
Synth1 for when I'm on my laptop and already have Pigments or Phase Plant on a track or two as it uses no discernible CPU.

Yeah, that's a real advantage in using old plugins that were designed to run on single core Pentium CPUs. It's gotta be 15 years or more since I used Synth 1, though. Great sound, I'm not sure why I gave up on it.
Erisian wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:44 pmI don't own it because I am very very poor :pray: but I love U-he's Repro-1.
Have you tried e-phonic's Invader? It might serve as a decent substitute for RePro-1 until you win the lottery and it's pay want you want at the moment, so you can grab it for $5.
MuzikFreq wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 pmAll mine have specific purpose so..... None really.
But aren't there things that matter more to you? For me it's basslines - if a synth can do good basslines, it will inevitably become a favourite, even if I never actually use it for basslines.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Retrologue 2 is neat, and is fatter sounding than i initially found it to be after I've learned tweaking it.

BONES wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:13 am
Erisian wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:44 pmI don't own it because I am very very poor :pray: but I love U-he's Repro-1.
Have you tried e-phonic's Invader? It might serve as a decent substitute for RePro-1 until you win the lottery and it's pay want you want at the moment, so you can grab it for $5.
No I haven't. Thanks for the tip.

Return to “Instruments”