I am seeing more banned people than I ever saw before

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:44 am
Erisian wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:20 amOf course the Mods are entitled to do as they like but it says something about them if their choice of people to suspend is dependent solely upon how upset they are personally.
So you accuse the mods here of banning people solely because they're personally upset.
He didnt, actually. A conditional sentence isnt an assertion of either the condition or the result being true.

And its a fair point. It would say something if that was happening.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:08 am
chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:44 am
Erisian wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:20 amOf course the Mods are entitled to do as they like but it says something about them if their choice of people to suspend is dependent solely upon how upset they are personally.
So you accuse the mods here of banning people solely because they're personally upset.
He didnt, actually. A conditional sentence isnt an assertion of either the condition or the result being true.

And its a fair point. It would say something if that was happening.
It says something about KVR members if their choice of whether to post in a thread or not is dependent solely upon how upset they are personally if I refuse to send them dick pics.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I no longer wish to post in this thread.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

But that's a big 'if', so to speak.

Just to be clear about what I referred to before.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

ATS wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:36 am what is going on?
in the last 7 days I have banned one sockpuppet close to half a dozen times (many accounts since 2000), the other ban I did during that time was also a sockpuppet from 2002 with multiple accounts (more than half a dozen). Typically I suspend :shrug:

There is a difference between the two, one just keeps getting banned and coming back...the other was a serial sockpuppet who's other accounts were not banned before, this member just uses sockpuppet accounts to troll, in fact he threatened to another member he might do it again :roll: (and in one recent case follows me and trolls me through my music at soundcloud). Many, many spammers/scammers get banned every day as well but those you wouldnt know about because they have been dealt with quickly.

What's going on? Pretty much two MODs and Ben doing the best we can to make this a better forum for all. Perhaps it was just odd timing for you it seemed like more, I can look at the logs and really it looks typical to me :shrug:

I am gonna lock this because it's just an open invitation to troll mods (I know it wasnt intended that way :hug: ) and honestly I think two volunteer MODs who have have made a commitment to the members here and absolutely demonstrated diligence to that commitment day in and day out deserve better, we are trying to make a positive difference here.

Once again, the reports are appreciated :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Site Stuff”