PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi Attila
RC is crashing every time i try to use a ghost track

idk if this helps or not :
------------
Dump File: RapidComposer.exe.2616.dmp :
Last Write Time: 8/22/2023 10:18:18 AM
Process Name: RapidComposer.exe : C:\Program Files\RapidComposerV5\RapidComposer.exe
Process Architecture: x64
Exception Code: 0xC0000005
Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Heap Information: Not Present
------------------

btw can i quick explanation of how rhythm lab works?
also RC crashes most times when i right click a contributed phrase in the browser

RapidComposer v5.0b3 is available!

Thanks for the quick feedback! :love: I did not manage to fix all reported problems yet but I am doing my best.

Improvements:
  • "Phrase selected note" has transparency setting, so it is possible to slightly shade the original color for selection, e.g. lighten (by setting white+transparency) or darken (by setting black+transparency)
  • [macOS][Plug-ins] Fixed: the settings file was not loaded and saved, this may have caused crashes
  • Fixed: it is not possible to press a keyboard shortcut during the "Press a MIDI key on your keyboard" dialog

Hello Attila! Unfortunately, 5.03b also did not solve the problem of plugins. AU and VST 3 do not work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Using variation presets removes other variations..

when using variation presets, after they are applied, then you delete, the phrase does not revert back to original state..

RapidComposer 5b2 and 5b3 crash when dragging a track midi to the MIDI import (in RapidComposer 4.8b6, it works). If I save track as a midi-file and try to load it in the MIDI import they crash too. I didn't try external midi-files.

Is it possible somehow to keep scroll position and zoom when switching editing modes? It is not very handy if my notes fly up or down when I want just to move one of them and switch from phrase editing to note editing.

As I see, RapidComposer keeps the scroll position and zoom when changing them with the left mouse button press on the vertical keyboard and on the timeline, but doesn't remember them if they were changed with the mouse wheel.

Hi. Can someone explain to me how the auto-scale works ?

DLate wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:36 pm Sometimes crashes for unknown reasons in Phrase Editor.
When you move notes in the Phrase Editor, they don't play correctly.
When you change the size of the phrase, the loop does not change. You have to press play again. And no new notes are displayed.
Thanks, DLate! All these problems are fixed now.
Maybe add vertical zoom in out when held down on the piano key?
Ctrl-vertical drag will zoom the keyboard.
And maybe add option for insert notes in phrase/melody editor with single click, delete with double?
Good idea. Ctrl-click also creates a note, without needing to double-click.

Thanks,
Attila

lulukom wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:41 pm Hello Attila! Unfortunately, 5.03b also did not solve the problem of plugins. AU and VST 3 do not work.
Very strange, all plug-ins work here without this error (on Apple Silicon though).
I installed DP11 on macOS and I am testing it with RC AU. The UI works, with the usual inconveniences for DP11+RC AU. But there is an issue: the playback does not work at all, either from RC or DP11. This works in all other DAWs, and it will take some time to fix it.

Thanks for the feedback!
Attila

BluGenes wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:02 pm Using variation presets removes other variations..
Yes, at the moment this is how it works. They could be added maybe...? I am not sure. If there is demand for this, Ctrl-click on a preset could add its variations instead of replacing them.
when using variation presets, after they are applied, then you delete, the phrase does not revert back to original state..
When you delete a variation preset, no phrase should change.
When you select one, phrase variations will be set up (copied) from the preset. There is no direct logical connection between a variation preset and phrase variations.

Thanks,
Attila

lulukom wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:37 pm Hi. Can someone explain to me how the auto-scale works ?
Yes, when using 'Auto' scale, examples:
D minor scale is used for a D minor chord,
A major scale is used for an A major chord,
C major scale is used for C7 chord (scale is selected depending on the triad in the chord)
B minor scale is used for a Bm9 chord, etc...

So the master track scale is ignored, scales are set up automatically based on the chords.

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:12 pm
When you delete a variation preset, no phrase should change.
When you select one, phrase variations will be set up (copied) from the preset. There is no direct logical connection between a variation preset and phrase variations.

Thanks,
Attila
Maybe I worded that wrong, not delete the preset from the saved list of presets, but, remove the applied preset from the phrase, it does not revert the phrase back to original state.

RapidComposer v5.0b4 is available!

Fixes:
  • Fixed: notes cannot be added in the Phrase Editor when the length is increased
  • Fixed: length adjustment while loop is active in the Phrase Editor works well
  • Fixed: moving notes around while playback is active in the Phrase Editor
  • Fixed crashing ghost tracks
  • Fixed: crash when right-clicking on a contributed phrase
  • Internal stability issue fixed

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:12 pm
BluGenes wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:02 pm Using variation presets removes other variations..
Yes, at the moment this is how it works. They could be added maybe...? I am not sure. If there is demand for this, Ctrl-click on a preset could add its variations instead of replacing them.
So, if I first add, lets say, an interval, then, I add maybe mirror vertical, then, I add a saved preset that I have set up as connecting notes, opposite, it will remove the first two, the interval and the mirror? (which is what is happening)

Not what I would expect to happen. Or am I using this incorrectly?

I just realized maybe you are saving ALL the variations on the phrase as a preset? I was thinking it was a preset for an individual variation that had multiple properties, like connecting notes..
Last edited by BluGenes on Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”