Waldorf Largo 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:24 pm
0degree wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:21 pm One of my favourite soft synths
Same, but, man, when I take a look at that GUI... looks like they let the toilet guy make the GUI in his spare time.

I can't believe that that's Waldorf's aspiration. The GUI of version 1 was nice, and, Axel Hartmann's did a lot of good stuff for Waldorf. Looks like the guy who ported the synth was also responsible for the GUI in this case. Shows that he's not a designer IMO... Colour choice is horrible, and, the design of the GUI elements looks like something I'd to in 5 minutes in Microsoft Paint.
Well, at least it's bigger, isn't it? :D

I might be biased here (because I never liked the original GUI) but the new interface looks more readable to me :ud:

0degree wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:01 pm Well, at least it's bigger, isn't it? :D
Yeah, but, the v1 GUI is absolutely fine here on 1080p. :P

Anyway, I'll stop bitching.

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:03 pm
0degree wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:01 pm Well, at least it's bigger, isn't it? :D
Yeah, but, the v1 GUI is absolutely fine here on 1080p. :P

Anyway, I'll stop bitching.
I think we just need to give it a try I guess :tu:
What REALLY makes me happy is the fact Waldorf is actually updating their plugins and not focusing only on hardware

Yeah, I agree. It's nice to see this updated.

This is a nice surprise!
Last edited by zerocrossing on Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Decent upgrade price, doesn’t look too bad to me

This is a company that needs a few lessons on accessibility. Dark red over black? Dark grey over black? People with certain visual disabilities - or even just older folk - will have trouble with that. Waldorf - look up "contrast ratio" and stick with the recommendation of 3:1. Terrible GUI. Just awful.

Yeah, don't care for the GUI, but I am THRILLED that they put this out!! And a reasonable upgrade price.

Thanks, Waldorf!

The browser is broken as always, the search bar doesn't work, the category tab does nothing, the browser goes up under the notch on MacBook M1. Also loading a bank resets the resize and you need to drag and drop to load it.

Rivertropic wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:05 pm The browser is broken as always, the search bar doesn't work, the category tab does nothing, the browser goes up under the notch on MacBook M1. Also loading a bank resets the resize and you need to drag and drop to load it.

Saving your own banks and presets is a pain.

Disappointing there’s no PPG filter added, not a fan of the new gui either.

I have tried to upgrade but are met with this on checkout:

"Sorry, it seems that there are no available payment methods. Please contact us if you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements."

EDIT - possible user error.
Last edited by felis on Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

I was hoping the NKS implementation might compensate for the still crappy browser, but unfortunately they have only converted the Factory patches and forgot to tag any of them.

The browser is broken, and the new GUI is hard to read, so they made it significantly worse, which is impressive for a major update.

Return to “Instruments”