bought a macbook pro with Sonoma and most plugs dont run

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:33 am
Jac459 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:18 pm Mmm. Got Sonoma and I have absolutely zero issue on my 100 plugins...
Me too.
Are you running native or rosetta mode? If native do you have the native versions of the plugins?
rsp
Yes Native.
But I don't have much very old vsts plugins because I was on reason studios with Rack Extensions only until 2 years ago. Last year Reason RRP was running Rosetta while rest in Native with bitwig it works perfectly.
Now I think all native except maybe Iris2.
I always update OS early and I never had an issue in the last 3 years.

Oh not you. The OP.
Sorry.
rsp
sound sculptist

"most don't run" is quite an unusual result, unless one doesn't get the whole Rosetta 2 aspect of the thing. jamcat's remark is probably right, if it doesn't run in OS14 it's not likely to run on any silicon System-on-Chip hardware. There isn't a change like that occurring at this juncture.

I've been on Sonoma since before official release and there isn't a single plugin that doesn't run. In fact upgrading to Sonoma fixed a pretty bad bug (or bullshit feature that created a problem with audio {which not everybody experienced}) of Monterey Ventura :dog: at 13.6.

I had the same problem as the original poster and I think it's solved now.

I have a brand new Apple Macbook M3 Max that came with Sonoma (14.1.1) installed. I installed Ableton Live (version 11.3.13) and about 100 plugins. For about 30% of the plugins, loading the plugin made Ableton crash, every single time. Same results with the AUv2 vs. VST3 plugins. Rebooting didn't help. I went back to my old Mac, which runs the exact same version of Sonoma and Ableton but has Intel chips -- and the same plugins loaded fine. The makers of all these plugins say they run natively on Apple Silicon and they are well-known, trusted vendors (Soundtoys, UAD, Slate Digital).

Then I updated to Sonoma version 14.2.1....and now all the plugins load correctly. It seems too easy, but it's proven true with all the plugins, even after a reboot. I hope that's the answer!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”